ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State Parking

c141nav

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
For those of you who haven't seen it, the Athletic Department, will be closing many of the grass parking lots for the Kent State game. As early as this morning they were negotiating with The Centre County Grange for both vehicle and RV parking but it appears something broke down there. As I understand it you can still go there but at your own cost. a cost you have already paid for your parking passes. At one time this morning I was told by an individual on the AD - Facility Events and Operations staff that my RV parking pass would be welcomed at The Grange and we could use the shuttle buses that already run from The Grange to get to and from the game. That sounded like a great solution and I commended them for their great work just to find out that they scuttled that plan and for all intents and purposes left me and my tailgate crew without reasonable options. Please go to the PSU web site and take a look at the plan and if you have recommendations where the Athletic Department could do better, let them know by e-mailing Cory Chapmen, AD-Facility Events and Operation (chapman@psu.edu).

Yet, the forecast still showing 77 and partly sunny. With the hurricane still on the NC/SC coastline.

(1) Open all the parking garages on campus for football parking. (2) They used to run shuttles from a strip mall complex on South Atherton. Is that stil done? I think it’s the lot that has Ollie’s. Maybe they’d accept part of the parking fee to allow some people to park there? (3) How full are the lots around Innovation Park on weekends? Maybe some football parking could be moved there?

Can’t think of any other paved lots at the moment that may have room or are not being used.

(1) Open all the parking garages on campus for football parking. (2) They used to run shuttles from a strip mall complex on South Atherton. Is that stil done? I think it’s the lot that has Ollie’s. Maybe they’d accept part of the parking fee to allow some people to park there? (3) How full are the lots around Innovation Park on weekends? Maybe some football parking could be moved there?

Can’t think of any other paved lots at the moment that may have room or are not being used.

Decks on campus are $25 to park in. I think they also take yellow passes at East and probably will at Nittany Deck this weekend. Paved lots west of Bigler are also $25 to park in from what I saw walking by some last game. Those that operated by Transportation Services not ICA.

seriously there are NO lots available. Attendance is going to be terrible

Nahh there were games last year that the lots weren't open Nebraska for sure and it was colder and some the season before, Iowa, Minny was a crappy weather game and there were still good crowds.

The Nittany Mall has plenty of parking, God knows nobody goes there anymore.

That’s actually a really good idea. Rent portions of the parking lots for the day and bus people to the games. Should be doable - doesn’t what’s his name (Dambly) basically own the mall now? ;)

Last edited:
It's been raining in Central PA since July! I thought they just closed the lots on the IM fields and the other lots in the cow pastures are still open. They also closed the day of RV lots and will only allow cars to park there with the RV passes. There are plenty of options around town with day of game shuttles. I had heard there is one on the north side of town that maybe runs from Target parking lot thru that hotel in Toftrees for like $20. There is also still one on the South side of town as well. There are plenty of parking lots around campus other then parking garages(which are open for parking) that you can park in and then just hop on the loop to get to the stadium(the parking lot by the IST building for example. I don't have links, and stop being snowflakes...

It's been raining in Central PA since July! I thought they just closed the lots on the IM fields and the other lots in the cow pastures are still open. They also closed the day of RV lots and will only allow cars to park there with the RV passes. There are plenty of options around town with day of game shuttles. I had heard there is one on the north side of town that maybe runs from Target parking lot thru that hotel in Toftrees for like $20. There is also still one on the South side of town as well. There are plenty of parking lots around campus other then parking garages(which are open for parking) that you can park in and then just hop on the loop to get to the stadium(the parking lot by the IST building for example. I don't have links, and stop being snowflakes...
I think you're right. Only yellow lot closed is 12. Other yellow lots are open.

seriously there are NO lots available. Attendance is going to be terrible

https://www.centredaily.com/latest-news/article218214100.html

Calm down there - the only lots closed for cars are Yellow 12, Orange, Brown and the Tea Toddler lot.

"If you’re not in a paved lot, you could be moved elsewhere. Four lots will be closed — including Yellow Lot 12, Brown, Orange and Family Friendly — and traffic there will be re-routed to Yellow Lot 11, East Parking Deck or Nittany Parking Deck. The Family Friendly Lot permit-holders are specifically asked to park in a Yellow lot with their regularly issued parking permit location.

If you have an RV, you’ll have to navigate considerably more obstacles. Blue and Orange RV lots will be closed to RVs. However, you can instead park one car there in place of your RV. Those in the Purple Lot are “asked not to bring an RV,” and the Overnight RV Lot will open 6 p.m. Thursday, although parts of the lot may be closed due to ground conditions. Again, if you’re in a paved spot, you just hit the parking jackpot — nothing changes for you."

Last edited:
https://www.centredaily.com/latest-news/article218214100.html

Calm down there - the only lots closed for cars are Yellow 12, Orange, Brown and the Tea Toddler lot.

If you’re not in a paved lot, you could be moved elsewhere. Four lots will be closed — including Yellow Lot 12, Brown, Orange and Family Friendly — and traffic there will be re-routed to Yellow Lot 11, East Parking Deck or Nittany Parking Deck. The Family Friendly Lot permit-holders are specifically asked to park in a Yellow lot with their regularly issued parking permit location.

If you have an RV, you’ll have to navigate considerably more obstacles. Blue and Orange RV lots will be closed to RVs. However, you can instead park one car there in place of your RV. Those in the Purple Lot are “asked not to bring an RV,” and the Overnight RV Lot will open 6 p.m. Thursday, although parts of the lot may be closed due to ground conditions. Again, if you’re in a paved spot, you just hit the parking jackpot — nothing changes for you.
It's the age of outrage.

No day of game day passes is the killer

Really? Lack of game day parking passes is the killer? Were that many people looking forward to paying $60 for a parking pass that goes for $20 if you plan ahead? If that was your plan then find a scalper in town or park at one of the other lots around SC for much less.

Decks on campus are $25 to park in. I think they also take yellow passes at East and probably will at Nittany Deck this weekend. Paved lots west of Bigler are also $25 to park in from what I saw walking by some last game. Those that operated by Transportation Services not ICA.
Provided there is space, can you park in any on campus lot on gameday (thinking eisenhower, hub, etc.)?

Thanks. Guess the problem is all of those lots are going to be zoos, and if you get that far and they're full you're kind of screwed.

Honestly I am guessing one can find spaces on campus until around 8:30 or so. I had some friends park in the lot across from HUB (behind Osmond Bldg) last game for the $25 and they said it was not bad.

No day of game day passes is the killer

How many people are buying passes on day of game? Even after the ticket office stops selling them there are yellow passes on eBay for $35-$45. There can’t possibly be that many people who decide to go on Friday.

UPDATE ON PARKING........

Penn State announces parking changes for Kent State game

Posted: Sep 13, 2018 05:04 PM EDT

Updated: Sep 13, 2018 05:29 PM EDT

LINK: https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news...arking-changes-for-kent-state-game/1440827136

Penn%20State%20Parking%20Picture_1536872438463.PNG_55285308_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

University Park, Pa. - Penn State has finalized changes made for four grass parking lots for Saturday's football game against Kent State.

Due to heavy rain, cars will be redirected to other parking lots near Beaver Stadium.

Penn State announced Tuesday that the Yellow Lot 12, the Orange Preferred Car, Brown Preferred and Family Friendly lots will be closed on game day.

Fans attending Saturday’s game who do not have a parking permit will not be able to purchase a permit for the Beaver Stadium parking lots on game day.

Penn State fans are encouraged not to bring an RV for the Kent State game, and carpool if possible. RVs will not be permitted in the Blue, Orange and Purple grass lots.

Fans who normally park cars and RVs in paved lots and have a white stripe through their permit will not be affected by these changes. Fans who normally park in the Brown or Orange lots will be able to use their parking permit in all Yellow lots (other than Lot 12) or at the following locations:
- Innovation Park, 200 Innovation Blvd., State College, PA 16803 (No RVs; no overnight parking)
- Red A, located off of North Atherton Street and White Course Drive (Cars or Red A RV permits only; no overnight car parking)
- Nittany Parking Deck or East Parking Deck on campus (No RVs; no overnight parking)
- Grange Park, 149 Homan Lane, Centre Hall PA 16828 (Overnight car and RV parking is available).

Grange Park will accept all parking permits for the Kent State game.

ADA Parking:
- The ADA compliant lots (Katz Bldg. or East Parking Deck) are accessible via North Atherton Street to Park Avenue and provide complimentary shuttle services. ADA parking must be used in conjunction with an ADA license plate or handicap placard.
-Fans with a Yellow, Brown or Orange permits also can park at Grange Park and take a shuttle, provided by Cole Transportation for $10 round trip. Advance car parking at Grange Park is $10 for the weekend or $10 per day if purchased at the gate. Advance RV parking is $60 per night or $75 per night if purchased at the gate. Fans interested in parking their car or RV at Grange Park can reserve a spot by calling 814-364-9212.

Penn State also announced that no additional Yellow game day parking for the Kent State game will be sold.

RV Parking for Kent State game
-- Blue and Orange RV Lots will be closed to RVs. Patrons who normally park an RV in the Blue or Orange lot will be able to park one car with their RV permit.
-- Purple Lot will be closed to RVs, unless their permit has a white stripe indicating the space is on pavement. Patrons who normally park an RV in the Purple lot will be able to park one car with their RV permit.
-- Overnight RV Lot will open Thursday at 6 p.m. Parts of the RV Lot may not be parked due to ground conditions.
-- Fans who have not already purchased an RV parking permit should not attempt to park in the lots near Beaver Stadium. All game day, season RV and overnight RV permits are sold out for the 2018 season. Penn State Athletics has identified Grange Park as an economical alternative with shuttle service to campus on Friday and Saturday of home football weekends. Fans interested in parking their car or RV at Grange Park can reserve a spot by calling 814-364-9212.

Note: ADA patrons who park in reserved spaces on paved lots will not be affected. All ADA parking is on paved spaces.
-- White ADA parking: Patrons with White ADA parking will directed to the Katz Building Lot or the East Parking Deck.
-- Green ADA parking: Patrons with Green ADA parking will be directed to parking lots near Pegula Ice Arena, the field hockey complex, Intramural Building and Nittany Lion Softball Park.

Fans are asked to display their parking permit from their rear view mirror as they enter the traffic pattern. Cars are sorted in traffic by Stadium Traffic Control to lanes leading to appropriate lots.

Patrons should approach their parking lot as directed on the back of their parking permit

Are you able to get to get to lots 17, 18, 19 via Fox Hollow road or do they route cars to those lots via E Park Ave?

Are you able to get to get to lots 17, 18, 19 via Fox Hollow road or do they route cars to those lots via E Park Ave?
Yes to your first question. Normally you can't turn onto Fox Hollow from Park Ave. In this situation it could be different.

Yes to your first question. Normally you can't turn onto Fox Hollow from Park Ave. In this situation it could be different.
Yea if I came Fox Hollow I would go via Toftrees because if I come in Park Ave they'll put me into one of lot 20-26 (assuming). I'm trying to get as close to the ORV lot as I can. I guess it depends on how quickly lots 20 and 21 will fill up. I'm assuming they start closer to the stadium and work their way back but I usually don't park over on that side so I'm not sure (maybe it's a left lane versus right lane thing.....right lane goes to 20,21,22 and left lane goes to 23 through 26...I have no idea.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT