ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Olbermann returning to SportsCenter?

Good stuff. I would've changed one line for Foster. After he says he's been fooling around with Rickles' wife, he says "so i guess we have something in common." I would've had him say "so I guess we have nothing in common."
Foster Brooks was always completely sober when performing. He was a genius.

I'm not going to explain things I think are inherent. Is something said in fun/jest, or is it said out of hate/to be hurtful. It's not hard.

It is hard. It’s hard to tell intent. Especially ok written word (or text).

in the meantime, fantastic unemployment numbers...especially for minorities.

WE.ARE.DOOMED! (sarcasm, in case anybody is wondering)

If only unemployment numbers helped with racism....

If you ever needed a sign that ESPiN was desperate and had no idea how to right their floundering ship, this is it. Can’t wait until he goes on an unhinged rant and embarrasses the mouse.
Hasn’t he already done that numerous times?

Reactions: Ski
It is racist to accuse racism in the face of contrary facts. We who disagree with you are not racists. I hate political posts. Enforcing immigration laws is not racism. Hating white Christians is. Have a blessed day.

Thanks Mary! Praise Xenu!

And you completely missed the point of my post.

Reactions: demlion
If only unemployment numbers helped with racism....
well...they are an indicator....the point is, regardless of what some agenda driven people will say, things are getting better and not worse.

I'll take it one step further....

I used to do a ton of volunteer work and the danger in that kind of charitable work is that you become an enabler feeding into a victim mentality. I don't think it is there yet, but it is approaching.

well...they are an indicator....the point is, regardless of what some agenda driven people will say, things are getting better and not worse.

I'll take it one step further....

I used to do a ton of volunteer work and the danger in that kind of charitable work is that you become an enabler feeding into a victim mentality. I don't think it is there yet, but it is approaching.

You have to do more than just say it’s getting better; ‘better’ and ‘worse’ are relative. Labor statistics aren’t something I would use as an indicator race relations/equality in America are getting better; I’d look to graduation rates, employment at senior levels, arrests/prison statistics, etc.

We’ll see how things go - it’s Friday, after all. Prost!

Reactions: Obliviax
You have to do more than just say it’s getting better; ‘better’ and ‘worse’ are relative. Labor statistics aren’t something I would use as an indicator race relations/equality in America are getting better; I’d look to graduation rates, employment at senior levels, arrests/prison statistics, etc.

We’ll see how things go - it’s Friday, after all. Prost!
So when the unemployment rate goes up to 6% overall, and higher than it is now for minorities, the internet will break down with all the Trumpers blaming it on racism. Lol.

So when the unemployment rate goes up to 6% overall, and higher than it is now for minorities, the internet will break down with all the Trumpers blaming it on racism. Lol.
I guess you don't get statistics.

Minority unemployment is at an all time low. Lower than under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama. Things are improving. Hopefully, the gap between all unemployment and minority unemployment will continue to shrink regardless if total unemployment is 10% 5% or 1%.

Funny....I don't recall you moaning during the last administration about this.

Minority unemployment is at an all time low. Lower than under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama. Things are improving. Hopefully, the gap between all unemployment and minority unemployment will continue to shrink regardless if total unemployment is 10% 5% or 1%.

Need to bump wages which are barely outpacing inflation.

Need to bump wages which are barely outpacing inflation.
yeah...that will come as long as the labor market is no longer undermined by cheap illegal aliens for entry level jobs. Gotta let "supply and demand" have its way. There are posts on this board, regarding automation and truck driving, discussing the lack of drivers and other resources that are now driving up costs(wages). Lets hope the economy continues to grow. I see a lot of gloom and doomers trying to bring it down.

No...the last administration is not where it started. That was your boy Bush and his Republican Congress that crashed the economy. Took Obama's whole term to fix it. Won't take Trump 8 years to wreck it again. Just watch.

Reactions: NJPSU
...Took Obama's whole term to fix it. Won't take Trump 8 years to wreck it again. Just watch.

x9SMaEd.gif

Good thing 0 spent 8 years busting up ISIS, only to have Trump come in and take the credit at the last minute as well, right?

Reactions: bison13
No...the last administration is not where it started. That was your boy Bush and his Republican Congress that crashed the economy. Took Obama's whole term to fix it. Won't take Trump 8 years to wreck it again. Just watch.
I thought we were talking about racism. OK, I get why you changed the subject. Funny how you blamed Bush for 9-11 8 months into his presidency yet give the current admin no credit after a year and a half.

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RECORD LOW
WAGES RISE

I thought we were talking about racism. OK, I get why you changed the subject. Funny how you blamed Bush for 9-11 8 months into his presidency yet give the current admin no credit after a year and a half.

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RECORD LOW
WAGES RISE
Economic conditions change more slowly than terrorist attack decisions. I am very glad to see the numbers coming closer together, but I fear it will not last for long. I would be happy to have that prediction turn out to be untrue.

But no matter what happens, racism and the un employment rate for African Americans are only loosely connected. That woman Roseanne called a Muslim Ape already has a job. So did Susan Rice when Roseanne called her an Ape.

As did Hillary Clinton when Ted Nugent called her a C_nt on several occasions and you said nothing.

Last edited:
The most telling thing about how far ESPN has fallen is that if there wasn't a thread specifically pointing this out, I'd never even know it. Other than for Penn State Football, The NCAA Wrestling Championships, or the occasional Monday Night or Thursday Night Eagles Game I never turn that garbage on. ESPN made their bed trying to be something that they're not, and yet they continue to double down on their own stupidity.
Better question is how desperate was Laura Ingraham to have dated him.

Really? That’s surprising

Roseanne got what she deserved

But i have to disagree with those who say that sexism and bigotry are vastly different from racism.

And calling someone a nazi is, IMO equally as terrible as making racist comments. To equate someone to the most evil group of people in modern civilization is abhorrent to me.

Personally I couldn’t care less if someone where to call me a dago guinea wop greaseball goomba.... but I’d be insulted if you called me a Nazi.

One is uncontrollable thru birth. The other is a choice, and to make that unjustified claim is awful

The Soup Nazi was funny. I still think it’s funny.

I hate me.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Economic conditions change more slowly than terrorist attack decisions. I am very glad to see the numbers coming closer together, but I fear it will not last for long. I would be happy to have that prediction turn out to be untrue.

But no matter what happens, racism and the un employment rate for African Americans are only loosely connected. That woman Roseanne called a Muslim Ape already has a job. So did Susan Rice when Roseanne called her an Ape.

As did Hillary Clinton when Ted Nugent called her a C_nt on several occasions and you said nothing.

Oooo-kay! whatever you say.

I think we can add economics to the host of subjects a law degree doesn't prepare one to understand. In the whole Obama presidency there was not one fiscal quarter with greater than 3% GDP growth. The 3% number is important because most economists believe that is the number needed for an economy to expand over the long term. Every, EVERY, President in America history has had at least one quarter of greater than 3% growth except Obama. He didn't know what he was doing, because he wasn't qualified for the office. The only people who believe he did a good job in office are complete partisans lacking any credibility.

I think we can add economics to the host of subjects a law degree doesn't prepare one to understand. In the whole Obama presidency there was not one fiscal quarter with greater than 3% GDP growth. The 3% number is important because most economists believe that is the number needed for an economy to expand over the long term. Every, EVERY, President in America history has had at least one quarter of greater than 3% growth except Obama. He didn't know what he was doing, because he wasn't qualified for the office. The only people who believe he did a good job in office are complete partisans lacking any credibility.
LOL.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Funny. Two years ago today: "Those jobs just aren't coming back. What magic wand do you have?"

Fascinating discussion, guys.

It never ceases to amaze me how one "tribe," secure in the confidence of its own moral superiority, can consistently laugh off the most disgusting and ugly things from their allies.

Even as they wax on with hyperventilating indignation and ridiculous hyperbole about stuff from the "enemy" -- in this case, the dreaded...<gasp>...Trump.

Yes, Trump, the evil racist and reactionary goon who has brought our country to the brink of totalitarian catastrophe. At least in their fevered imaginations.

Heck, they've even conjured up a "resistance" movement. All composed of wealthy and privileged people and groups, with all the Powers That Be on their side.

But that's OK. In their deluded minds, they're heroes akin to the French underground in World War II.

It is to laugh.

I'm pretty sure they don't appreciate the irony of their hypocrisy and dishonesty having elected Trump in the first place.

Anyway, the subject at hand is Exhibit A of the mindset. Paranoid, stupid Roseanne is evil, evil, evil. She must be suppressed.

But when Samantha Bee refers to a female on the Other Side in the most ugly, sexist, dehumanizing terms imaginable, somehow that just doesn't rise to the level of outrage.

Personally, I think what Roseanne said was way over the line. But no worse than the statement of Samantha Bee.

Anybody with even one ounce of integrity would say each should treated the same. Both shows cancelled or neither.

Oh wait, I said one ounce of integrity -- meaning one particular tribe doesn't make the cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT