ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Olbermann returning to SportsCenter?

You are the one excusing roseane by equating what she did with KO's criticism of the President. I have noted repeatedly that I detest both AND they are not the same.

First, you statement is a lie.

More importantly, when you figure out how your actions are contributing to the problem, we can talk again. In the meantime, its a waste of time.

Whatevs....

33889408_762375753886895_352387532467470336_n.jpg

Why bother? You aren’t going to get him to be intellectually honest, ever. It’s obvious the point you are making is that hatred and bigotry of any kind should be decried. He is going to stick to his, “racism is the only inexcusable sin” mantra. It’s the only way they have left to try to seize the moral high ground in any argument.

But RACIAL hatred and bigotry is the only kind we fought a war over. RACIAL hatred and bigotry are different than other kinds, in America, as all of you know very well.

But it is just inconvenient to be called out, I know, so you have to search around and look for something "equivalent."

But its not equivalent.

Reactions: NJPSU
CNN anchor calls for consequences for Samantha Bee who called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c-nt".

Good for him...he gets it.

“Indecent conversation is indecent, period,” (John) King asserted.

“Just apologize,” he said while shuffling the papers on his desk. “And the company — forgive me, I work here — the company should say something too.”​

Reactions: Nitt1300
First, you statement is a lie.

More importantly, when you figure out how your actions are contributing to the problem, we can talk again. In the meantime, its a waste of time.

Whatevs....
If you minimize what she did by equating it with something lesser, you are excusing her. When you understand that, maybe you will understand how that is offensive.

If you minimize what she did by equating it with something lesser, you are excusing her. When you understand that, maybe you will understand how that is offensive.
you are being intellectually dishonest with us and yourself.

I never defended Roseanne in my entire life.

What I do support is calling out and punishing this kind of behavior at all levels. If you do not, you are simply not just part of the problem...you are the problem.

CNN anchor calls for consequences for Samantha Bee who called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c-nt".

Good for him...he gets it.

“Indecent conversation is indecent, period,” (John) King asserted.

“Just apologize,” he said while shuffling the papers on his desk. “And the company — forgive me, I work here — the company should say something too.”​

Ask and ye shall receive (no mention of Ambien though....).

Rosann apologized as well....so I guess everything is even steven?

Did she though? She first blamed Ambien, then started re-tweeting stuff defending her comments. I haven't seen Bee do that and Bee's comment wasn't racist, so not same ball park IMO. Television executives see the difference - Roseanne isn't paid for her opinions; Sam Bee and Keith Olbermann are. ABC sort of knew what it was getting into with Roseanne, and she crossed their line. If you think vulgarity is the same as racism, we're back to the 'part of the problem' stuff you keep talking about.

Did she though? She first blamed Ambien, then started re-tweeting stuff defending her comments. I haven't seen Bee do that and Bee's comment wasn't racist, so not same ball park IMO. Television executives see the difference - Roseanne isn't paid for her opinions; Sam Bee and Keith Olbermann are. ABC sort of knew what it was getting into with Roseanne, and she crossed their line. If you think vulgarity is the same as racism, we're back to the 'part of the problem' stuff you keep talking about.
was Bee's comment sexist? are you ok with sexist comments? why isn't Rosanne "paid for her opinions?" The show was clearly cast as commentary on US culture. Was All in the Family not "paid for their opinions?" Did Sam Bee somehow become a news commentator? Is that the role of a network named "Comedy Central?"

Lots of questions.

Reactions: psu skp
Ask and ye shall receive (no mention of Ambien though....).

Also no mention by her of her being a victim. But, a victory for those who would equate a white person's racial slurs to an African American with one wealthy white woman's cruelly stupid comment to another wealthy white woman.

What aboutism . It's what's for dinner.

"Hitler killed 6 million people to carry out his notions of racial superiority."

"Well Stalin killed way more than that!"

Oh, in that case, I guess it does not matter. They're "even Steven." Sheesh.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
was Bee's comment sexist? are you ok with sexist comments? why isn't Rosanne "paid for her opinions?" The show was clearly cast as commentary on US culture. Was All in the Family not "paid for their opinions?" Did Sam Bee somehow become a news commentator? Is that the role of a network named "Comedy Central?"

Lots of questions.

1. Don't think so.
2. No.
3. She's an actress paid by a network to act in a show, not host a politically charged news show. The writing in the show *isn't* the same as her personal racist opinions on twitter.
4. All in the Family? No. Again, TV show written from a certain view point - to my knowledge, actors did not go off script and shout personal opinions.
5. Sam Bee's show is an obvious political commentary show. And it's not on Comedy Central.

Description of Sam Bee's Show 'Full Frontal With Sam Bee' - The weekly late-night newsmagazine serves as a platform for Bee to apply her sharp, satirical point of view to current and relevant issues.

1. Don't think so.
2. No.
3. She's an actress paid by a network to act in a show, not host a politically charged news show. The writing in the show *isn't* the same as her personal racist opinions on twitter.
4. All in the Family? No. Again, TV show written from a certain view point - to my knowledge, actors did not go off script and shout personal opinions.
5. Sam Bee's show is an obvious political commentary show. And it's not on Comedy Central.

Description of Sam Bee's Show 'Full Frontal With Sam Bee' - The weekly late-night newsmagazine serves as a platform for Bee to apply her sharp, satirical point of view to current and relevant issues.
I couldn't get passed you not considering the c-word to be sexist. i suggest you walk up to any woman and tell them that calling them a C is no different that saying they are unintelligent. I guess we'll just have to disagree.

Also no mention by her of her being a victim. But, a victory for those who would equate a white person's racial slurs to an African American with one wealthy white woman's cruelly stupid comment to another wealthy white woman.

"Hitler killed 6 million people to carry out his notions of racial superiority."

Step 1 in the 'Are you in a debate and can't possibly defend your position?' flowchart.

tumblr_muixf6K4Ky1raidyco7_500.0.gif

Reactions: demlion
I couldn't get passed you not considering the c-word to be sexist. i suggest you walk up to any woman and tell them that calling them a C is no different that saying they are unintelligent. I guess we'll just have to disagree.

Gonna have to it seems.

Roseanne started out as a comedian. I can’t wait to watch the mess when comedians start getting banned from gigs for their inappropriate jokes.

You never answered my question about whether or not you knew ValJar's parents were both black. I knew they were both communist party supporters, but never knew they were black.

You never answered my question about whether or not you knew ValJar's parents were both black. I knew they were both communist party supporters, but never knew they were black.
No. For some reason I never found the time or the inclination to do a racial history on her. It really never mattered as much to me as it did to Ms. Barr, who, by the way must have done that, because even that racist fool has enough sense to know that the woman she called a Muslim Ape was of African American descent.

Unlike you, even Roseanne Barr was not enough of a self-pitying fool to try and play that card.

No. For some reason I never found the time or the inclination to do a racial history on her. It really never mattered as much to me as it did to Ms. Barr, who, by the way must have done that, because even that racist fool has enough sense to know that the woman she called a Muslim Ape was of African American descent.

Unlike you, even Roseanne Barr was not enough of a self-pitying fool to try and play that card.
Actually she did say that she had no idea she was black. The left called W a smirking chimp for 8 years (the website is still up). So comparing Texans to chimps is AOK. Iranian's w/ communist leanings, not so much? What about White Hispanics?

Actually she did say that she had no idea she was black. The left called W a smirking chimp for 8 years (the website is still up). So comparing Texans to chimps is AOK. Iranian's w/ communist leanings, not so much? What about White Hispanics?
What aboutism? I mean, what about them? Lol.

Actually Roseanne has claimed she thought VJ was white. A "Persian Jew" I believe is what she said she thought. I don't believe her, but she did say it.

Actually Roseanne has claimed she thought VJ was white. A "Persian Jew" I believe is what she said she thought. I don't believe her, but she did say it.
So DemLion thought she was a Persian Jew, but it's not believable that Roseanne thought the same thing?

Maybe she could have claimed somebody hacked her twitter account...you know, the Joy Reid excuse.

In other news....

The attorney for currently unemployed NFL stars and former San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid dropped a bomb Wednesday on CNN when he hinted that a witness in their collusion case against the powerful football league was ready to drop dime with concrete evidence proving that NFL owners conspired to keep both men off the field for protesting during the national anthem the killings of unarmed African Americans.

“I would stay tuned because this case is about to take a dramatic turn,” lawyer Mark Geragos said on CNN Wednesday night, NBC Sports reports.

Pushed to explain what that ominous declaration meant, Geragos wouldn’t offer specifics but suggested that “somebody has decided they were going to dime out the NFL for what they were doing.”

f9f.jpg

Pretty sure I once heard her SAY she was African American. Years ago.
OK. I never did. But you can admit that the knowledge of her race (which you all seem to be fixated on) was for the most part, up in the air?

This whole Rosanne thing has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with punishing an Trump-supporting celebrity at the first possible opportunity. Even her shows on syndication were pulled. Bill Cosby STILL has his show on reruns on BET.

The double-standard that is applied to conservative voices as opposed to progressives is one of the main reasons Trump won in 2016. People are getting sick of it. Rosanne losing her show so suddenly for sending out a mean tweet (which made no reference to anyone's race by the way) actually hurts the Democrats. And midterms are coming up.

This whole Rosanne thing has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with punishing an Trump-supporting celebrity at the first possible opportunity. Even her shows on syndication were pulled. Bill Cosby STILL has his show on reruns on BET.

The double-standard that is applied to conservative voices as opposed to progressives is one of the main reasons Trump won in 2016. People are getting sick of it. Rosanne losing her show so suddenly for sending out a mean tweet (which made no reference to anyone's race by the way) actually hurts the Democrats. And midterms are coming up.

I differ only in that I believe her tweet was racist. Locally, we had a young gal get suspended for saying she couldn’t truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: “It’s hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music,” she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again. I believe that was a mistake in that she was too young to understand the meaning of the word. Rosanne has been around a while there is no excuse.

Slightly more complicated than that, but sure, why not.

I differ only in that I believe her tweet was racist.... Rosanne has been around a while there is no excuse.
She looks black to you? Really?

26A8EF3A00000578-2995342-image-m-36_1426386197362.jpg

This is a silly exercise anyway, but sheesh. You let people redefine racism this easily (as they've been doing for 10 years), and pretty soon everyone's a racist. Maybe we need to have Tener (our own Shaun King) moderate the Ticket Exchange/Racism Board in the near future.

I differ only in that I believe her tweet was racist. Locally, we had a young gal get suspended for saying she couldn’t truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: “It’s hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music,” she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again. I believe that was a mistake in that she was too young to understand the meaning of the word. Rosanne has been around a while there is no excuse.
But Barr's tweet was about Valerie Jarrett, who isn't African-American, she was born in Iran.

She looks black to you? Really?

26A8EF3A00000578-2995342-image-m-36_1426386197362.jpg

This is a silly exercise anyway, but sheesh. You let people redefine racism this easily (as they've been doing for 10 years), and pretty soon everyone's a racist. Maybe we need to have Tener (our own Shaun King) moderate the Ticket Exchange/Racism Board in the near future.

Roseanne knew what she was doing. And even if she didn't she shouldn't have made those comments (which is really strange because Jarrett has really been a non-entity...causes me to wonder if it was like "cop by suicide" if you know what that is). I think its time that the public eschew any kind of personal comments about anyone. If you don't like Jarret, if you don't like Ivanka Trump, state your disagreement and move on. I honestly don't know why calling someone a c-nt, dropping and f-bomb or making fun of somebody's looks is funny or entertaining. I've personally, had enough, from both sides of the political isle and all of hollywood.

And even if she didn't she shouldn't have made those comments (which is really strange because Jarrett has really been a non-entity...

There are many that believe she was the behind the scenes President for the last 8 years. There's a reason she still goes to work every day at O's house in D.C. Non-entity is the furthest thing from the truth w/regards to her power. She herself would tear you apart for that description.

ADVERTISEMENT