ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Olbermann returning to SportsCenter?

whatever lets you sleep at night...as long as your tribe is winning!

I'm not the biggest Olbermann fan --- but it does seem to me that 90% of the Olbermann argument is one "tribe" arguing "well, we lost Roseanne, we need to collect a scalp from the other side!"

I don't know why anyone wanted Roseanne on their "tribe" anyway. That lady is insane. She thinks Bush orchestrated 9/11 and the elder Bush played a part in the JFK assassination! She's on nobody's "tribe" except "tribe crazy."

Last edited:
whatever lets you sleep at night...as long as your tribe is winning!
As the Alternate Routes say,
"When something's broken that clearly needs fixing,
You can fight to change, or you can fight to stay the same."

I'm not the biggest Olbermann fan --- but it does seem to me that 90% of the Olbermann argument is one "tribe" arguing "well, we lost Roseanne, we need to collect a scalp from the other side!"

I don't know why anyone wanted Roseanne on their "tribe" anyway. That lady is insane. She thinks Bush orchestrated 9/11 and the elder Bush played a part in the JFK assassination! She's on nobody's "tribe" except "tribe crazy."
I have no use for Olberman AND no use for ESPN except to the extent that I have to watch PSU FB there if I want to see it sometimes. Unlike what some posters say though, that does not make what Roseanne did ok, or acceptable or "the same as" what Olberman has done.

As the Alternate Routes say,
"When something's broken that clearly needs fixing,
You can fight to change, or you can fight to stay the same."
of course....but one needs to recognize that there is a problem and what needs to be done to rectify the problem. And then, one needs to make sure that THEY are not what is broken.

How righteous of the Disney company to fire Roseanne for her ignorant racist tweet, but on the same day hire this highly political douchebag who constantly F-bomb's & Mother-F's the President of the United States on Twitter every day. #screwedupvalues.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
I have no use for Olberman AND no use for ESPN except to the extent that I have to watch PSU FB there if I want to see it sometimes. Unlike what some posters say though, that does not make what Roseanne did ok, or acceptable or "the same as" what Olberman has done.

The other false equivalency is that they're trying to relate KO's political comments about Trump - which are mostly profane tirades aimed at stuff like his siding with the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville (or at a minimum his refusal to apologize for crediting them with having 'good people') - to Barr's personal racist attacks on a former member of Obama's administration. Not. The. Same.

I mean, anyone up in arms over this? Trump has appeared on this guy's show.

ea0yxp6ikpxrjjg3vjad.jpg

Reactions: ivan brunetti
The other false equivalency is that they're trying to relate KO's political comments about Trump - which are mostly profane tirades aimed at stuff like his siding with the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville (or at a minimum his refusal to apologize for crediting them with having 'good people') - to Barr's personal racist attacks on a former member of Obama's administration. Not. The. Same.

ea0yxp6ikpxrjjg3vjad.jpg

Infowars is a cesspool. I can’t imagine who the people are that get their “news” from that site. And Alex Jones is either a paranoid schizophrenic or has no conscience whatsoever and will do and say anything to make a buck. Seriously. If you get your news from Infowars you (generic you) need to step away from your ‘puter for awhile, decompress, and re-enter reality.

ea0yxp6ikpxrjjg3vjad.jpg

Of course they're not the same...to you. Because you agree with one and not the other.

Reactions: Aloha T
If you disagree with Olbermann, then I'm guessing it's because you think he takes it too easy on Trump.

Nope. He's unhinged and completely inappropriate. He's not someone I would hire for anything and think those who oppose his hiring at ESPN have a good argument and plenty of evidence to support that view. One view I do not agree with though is that his comments are 'racist'. Wildly inappropriate - absolutely. Same with Hill (as in, I think she's inappropriate too).

Reactions: wentzel25
If you disagree with Olbermann, then I'm guessing it's because you think he takes it too easy on Trump.
Wrong. Olberman is a fool. While you'll defend Roseanne as a fellow Trumper, i have no need, desire or intetest in defending Olberman. Fail.

Telling me about Olberman is fighting to stay the same.
really? because we've established that Olbermann is part of the problem....so perhaps you want to change the flat tire on the car who's transmission is shot. The real problem is, you want to fix what you perceive to be other people's problems, while you persist that you are perfect.

PSURO once said, "you can't fix other people's problems". You can only fix your own...and that results in other people treating you differently.

really? because we've established that Olbermann is part of the problem....so perhaps you want to change the flat tire on the car who's transmission is shot. The real problem is, you want to fix what you perceive to be other people's problems, while you persist that you are perfect.

PSURO once said, "you can't fix other people's problems". You can only fix your own...and that results in other people treating you differently.
I know you want to change the subject which is racism. Fox News says KO is NOT a racist. Not equivalent, no matter how much you struggle to pretend it is.

I don't know if I could trust a person to hire who hasn't at least ONCE called President Trump an idiotic #@%@&-%@&%er.

I know you want to change the subject which is racism. Fox News says KO is NOT a racist. Not equivalent, no matter how much you struggle to pretend it is.
Sorry, not at all. You are trying to fight racism with bigotry. nobody is defending Roseanne. I don't know of few who are suggesting she is anything but racist. So your screams are like a parent telling a kid to stop smoking while a cigarette dangles from his/her mouth. I can't hear your words because your actions are speaking too loudly.

So keep trying to score points....you are the one who is hurting yourself more than anyone by denying the obvious.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Sorry, not at all. You are trying to fight racism with bigotry. nobody is defending Roseanne. I don't know of few who are suggesting she is anything but racist. So your screams are like a parent telling a kid to stop smoking while a cigarette dangles from his/her mouth. I can't hear your words because your actions are speaking too loudly.

So keep trying to score points....you are the one who is hurting yourself more than anyone by denying the obvious.
Not a question of scoring points, just a matter of showing over and over again how YOU think racism is no worse than saying F You to the President. You find them equivalent. I find them very different. Olberman attacking your republicanism is very different from me attacking Roseanne's racism.

Reactions: NJPSU
Not a question of scoring points, just a matter of showing over and over again how YOU think racism is no worse than saying F You to the President. You find them equivalent. I find them very different. Olberman attacking your republicanism is very different from me attacking Roseanne's racism.
Just curious, it seems Roseanne (like me and millions of others) had no idea ValJar was black and just assumed she's Iranian. Still really bad racism though, huh?

Well, that is quite a leap...but not surprised. But KO did far worse than that. Regardless, keep fighting the good fight but don't be surprised I told you.

over and out on this thread.

Well, that is quite a leap...but not surprised. But KO did far worse than that. Regardless, keep fighting the good fight but don't be surprised I told you.

over and out on this thread.
So you disagree with Fox News when they say he is not a racist? OK, I would not know how they arrived at that idea, but you can bring forth your facts if you would like. I don't care about him at all.

Just curious, it seems Roseanne (like me and millions of others) had no idea ValJar was black and just assumed she's Iranian. Still really bad racism though, huh?
Even Roseanne does not think we are that stupid. Lol!

Even Roseanne does not think we are that stupid. Lol!
You knew she was black? I honestly had no idea. She doesn't look black, and I've followed her career since 2008 pretty closely as you can imagine.

So you disagree with Fox News when they say he is not a racist? OK, I would not know how they arrived at that idea, but you can bring forth your facts if you would like. I don't care about him at all.
you are becoming unhinged, as you are prone to do.

meanwhile, Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c-nt" last night on her show. Congrats! Way to add to the solution!

tumblr_nc61xaU1CQ1s9dnijo1_500.gif

Reactions: m48tank

I don't find Roseannes comment that much different from Samantha Bee calling a woman a "feckless c*nt" on her tv show last night. Nothing will happen to Bee and that's what people get angry about. It's not about defending Roseanne, it's frustration with people on one side of the political spectrum not being held to the same standards.

Reactions: Ski
I dont defend her either. But it is not racism.
I never said it was....but racism isn't the only problem this country has....and when you excuse one a-hole because you want to defend a different a-hole...you become an a-hole. works both ways KO>Rosanne or KO<Rosanne. Samantha Bee<Rosanne, Samantha Bee<Rosanne. If you want to take Rosanne off the air for being a racist, do you also want to take SB off the air for being sexist (or, perhaps, you think the term c-nt is ok).

I never said it was....but racism isn't the only problem this country has....and when you excuse one a-hole because you want to defend a different a-hole...you become an a-hole. works both ways KO>Rosanne or KO<Rosanne. Samantha Bee<Rosanne, Samantha Bee<Rosanne. If you want to take Rosanne off the air for being a racist, do you also want to take SB off the air for being sexist (or, perhaps, you think the term c-nt is ok).
You are the one excusing roseane by equating what she did with KO's criticism of the President. I have noted repeatedly that I detest both AND they are not the same.

Why bother? You aren’t going to get him to be intellectually honest, ever. It’s obvious the point you are making is that hatred and bigotry of any kind should be decried. He is going to stick to his, “racism is the only inexcusable sin” mantra. It’s the only way they have left to try to seize the moral high ground in any argument.

ADVERTISEMENT