ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Olbermann returning to SportsCenter?

My question is what does oberman have on these people?He reminds me of the old game whack a mole.He just keeps popping up again and again.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is ther to witness it, does it make a sound? So if he is spewing his drivel on FESPN and know one has it turned on, does anyone know? I have gotten to the point where I am down to watching the scores scroll across the bottom of the screen when I wake in the morning. I never watch that bullshit network.

Reactions: 91Joe95
The most telling thing about how far ESPN has fallen is that if there wasn't a thread specifically pointing this out, I'd never even know it. Other than for Penn State Football, The NCAA Wrestling Championships, or the occasional Monday Night or Thursday Night Eagles Game I never turn that garbage on. ESPN made their bed trying to be something that they're not, and yet they continue to double down on their own stupidity.

If he sticks to sports, he is tolerable. But with what is going on in sports, I truly doubt he will just stick to that.

I always thought this. And that's true with many of their on air personalities. I tuned out as more and more social commentary creeped in, and the only reason I dial them in now is for a specific game I want to watch

1vqsg2.jpg

Guess ESPiNs horrible ratings while shoving politics down everyones throats instead of sports isn't getting through to the top brass. So they hire Jemele Hill's crackhead twin brother, again. I hope they get what they deserve.

I do enjoy some of their live sport coverage, especially the wrestling championships, but the rest of it is unwatchable.

The most telling thing about how far ESPN has fallen is that if there wasn't a thread specifically pointing this out, I'd never even know it. Other than for Penn State Football, The NCAA Wrestling Championships, or the occasional Monday Night or Thursday Night Eagles Game I never turn that garbage on. ESPN made their bed trying to be something that they're not, and yet they continue to double down on their own stupidity.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I believe I am going to take the HBO/Game Of Thrones strategy when it comes to ESPiN. Every year I cancel HBO the very next day after the GoT season finale, and I order HBO the Sunday GoT starts a new season............ I am going to cancel ESPiN until the start of college football, and then cancel it the day after the college football season is over.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I believe I am going to take the HBO/Game Of Thrones strategy when it comes to ESPiN. Every year I cancel HBO the very next day after the GoT season finale, and I order HBO the Sunday GoT starts a new season............ I am going to cancel ESPiN until the start of college football, and then cancel it the day after the college football season is over.

That’s what I do with Dish Flex Pack. Right now I have none of the ESPiN’s, no BTN, no Fox Sports...and guess what...I wouldn’t be watching those channels now anyway, so why pay for them?

Reactions: TheGLOV
If you ever needed a sign that ESPiN was desperate and had no idea how to right their floundering ship, this is it. Can’t wait until he goes on an unhinged rant and embarrasses the mouse.

He lasts a year? Not that I will be watching ....

That’s what I do with Dish Flex Pack. Right now I have none of the ESPiN’s, no BTN, no Fox Sports...and guess what...I wouldn’t be watching those channels now anyway, so why pay for them?

I've done the HBO/GoT cancellation the last few years with my DirecTV service. What was sweet this year was when I called DirecTV to cancel my HBO, the reason I told the customer service rep was because HBO was producing the Joe Paterno movie .... I can not wait to call DirecTV, to cancel my ESPiN package (I believe it's packaged in my all sports package) and tell the customer service agent who tries to talk me into keeping it some good reasons why I am cancelling their garbage.

Reactions: Lion Lineage
Didn't this one look us all right in the eye through the camera and tell us we're horrible people for graduating from PSU?

Man I'm gonna have to DVR Sportscenter now. Maybe they'll have some new personal insults for me.

This is a Fox News article hidden in the Yahoo.com Finance page. Just so folks know the source. Enjoy.
The Keith Olberman described in that article sounds a lot like Trump, except Trump is a straight up racist, and the article claims KO is not.

I could not care less about KO or RB. Lets be clear, though--uncivil language and horrible insults are not a problem for Fox News when POTUS says them OR tweets them.

More lame whataboutism. Yawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU and The Stan
The Keith Olberman described in that article sounds a lot like Trump, except Trump is a straight up racist, and the article claims KO is not.

I could not care less about KO or RB. Lets be clear, though--uncivil language and horroble insults are not a problem for Fox News when POTUS says them OR tweets them.

More lame whataboutism. Yawn.

LOL...so one side's "whataboutism" is better than the other sides "whataboutism?" Precious.

LOL...so one side's "whataboutism" is better than the other sides "whataboutism?" Precious.
No. Drawing an equivalence between a vicious racist trope like calling an African American women a Muslim Ape, and KO telling DT to F himself simply does not wash.

There are lots of very good reasons not to have KO on the air, and regardless i don't watch ESPN or Roseanne. But in KOs case, according to Fox, he is not a racist. So the comparison is false.

Reactions: jrk11 and The Stan
No. Drawing an equivalence between a vicious racist trope like calling an African American women a Muslim Ape, and KO telling DT to F himself simply does not wash.

There are lots of very good reasons not to have KO on the air, and regardless i don't watch ESPN or Roseanne. But in KOs case, according to Fox, he is not a racist. So the comparison is false.
whatever lets you sleep at night...as long as your tribe is winning!

Reactions: LionDeNittany
ADVERTISEMENT