ADVERTISEMENT

It's in your hands Steelers

I know I would shell out some decent coin to see Jack Lambert have a crack at him!

Who was the old Cleveland Brown player that slammed Bradshaw into the field head first? Was it Turkey Jones?

EditL: LOL, I have no idea how I remembered that name but I found the clip...

How often does Brady not make a short, immediate throw? The greatest yards after catch quarterback of all-time. Amendola and Wes Walker run short routes and Brady hits them off quick three and five step drops and you can't get to him in that time. He's made a career of it. No one ever called Brady "The Mad Bomber" that's for sure.

This year he is completing more passes over 20 yards than most QB's in the league.

Who was the old Cleveland Brown player that slammed Bradshaw into the field head first? Was it Turkey Jones?

EditL: LOL, I have no idea how I remembered that name but I found the clip...

Someone should post the clip when Lambert toasted Cliff harris from the Cowboys in the SB after Harris patted Roy Gerela on the head for missing a FG! Classic...and it set Lambert off...I think he had 14 tackles after Harris pissed him off!

Reactions: BBrown
The success they’ve had this year on defense starts with Shazier. They have nobody else who can replace his speed/instinct, and having a LB who runs like a WR certainly helps cover a guy like Superfly gronk.

O is gonna have to outscore them to win. Not feeling a ton of confidence in their chances. As I’ve mentioned to a lot of my Steelers allies, this is the worst 11-2 team I’ve seen in a long time. That said, the pats are not necessarily playing like world-beaters this year either. Who knows except we’ve seen this play before.
The Steelers are 7-1 against teams in contention for the playoffs.

Ben has been playing fantastic recently, especially at home. I like the Steelers’ chances in a high scoring game at home..

Man I'm a big Steelers homer and going to the game, but I just don't see it. Their pass defense has been horrible since they lost Haden. He may play some, but will be rusty. I've never seen so many guys out of position.

The teams that do well against them have big physical corners and a huge front four that they can rush the passer with and not blitz. Like the Dolphins with Sue. Gronk is a big difference maker too.

And on offense, I'm afraid they will play scared and go in there trying to keep the ball and establish the run leaving a lot of third and longs. They just need to let it fly like they did against the Ravens.

Man I'm a big Steelers homer and going to the game, but I just don't see it. Their pass defense has been horrible since they lost Haden. He may play some, but will be rusty. I've never seen so many guys out of position.

The teams that do well against them have big physical corners and a huge front four that they can rush the passer with and not blitz. Like the Dolphins with Sue. Gronk is a big difference maker too.

And on offense, I'm afraid they will play scared and go in there trying to keep the ball and establish the run leaving a lot of third and longs. They just need to let it fly like they did against the Ravens.

Haden is an NFL Vet.. Im sure missing a few games isn't going to make him a rookie again

Some of you think NE is this Godly team, they are very beatable this year. I keep hearing about Brady against Steelers D, but what about Ben against the Pats D? Pats D is not very good. Steelers D at least leads the NFL in sacks and can gets pressure on Brady.

Reactions: nittnee
Some of you think NE is this Godly team, they are very beatable this year. I keep hearing about Brady against Steelers D, but what about Ben against the Pats D? Pats D is not very good. Steelers D at least leads the NFL in sacks and can gets pressure on Brady.
Only problem is the Steelers get pressure on the outside...brady just steps up into the pocket against edge rushers. Teams that get to and hit brady are able to push up the middle (think Giants in SBs and Dolphins once a year). Heyward and Tuitt are going to have to have their best games to affect brady.

Beat NE Sunday and the road to the super Bowl goes thru Pittsburgh. Please tell me the defensive game plan will not be the same one used last year in the AFC title game....until Tomlin actually beats these guys I have my doubts.

Well, there is another team on the field so its not really "in their hands". I am always reminded of my elderly mother who watches the Steelers and says things like "why don't they play harder?" I always respond with "who, the Steelers or the other team? There is only so hard you can play."

I mean, you can say that about golf or bowling; where there is no defense. A player can just simply play better or worse to win. But when there is a defense, if you play better and the other team plays better+, you will still lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT