ADVERTISEMENT

It will be a tough 4-5 years..........

Sooner Lion

Nov 10, 2003
Franklin is simply in way over his head. Guy can recruit - I give him that. I see ZERO progress in any other aspect.

He'll get two more years. Losses against top twenty five teams will mount. He'll be gone at the end of the 2017 season. Then we'll have to wait another 2-3 years for a real coaching staff to put this back together.

Franklin is simply in way over his head. Guy can recruit - I give him that. I see ZERO progress in any other aspect.

He'll get two more years. Losses against top twenty five teams will mount. He'll be gone at the end of the 2017 season. Then we'll have to wait another 2-3 years for a real coaching staff to put this back together.
I called it the day he was hired. Artificial wins against the likes of Elon and Presbyterian while at Vandy look good on a resume (and apparently sway idiots on a hiring committee) but don't cut it vs. big time competition.

If you are right, at least the cupboard for the new coach will not be bare, as it was for JF.

I dunno. One more year like this one, with no improvement and no fire and no offensive flow, and I could see the pressure mounting against him. They are not paying him over $4million to be mediocre, nor should they. Pretty soon these performances are going to wind up costing the athletic department money in ticket and concession revenue. And with STEP, don't be surprised if people start bailing altogether.

I am of the belief that if Franklin can't get it done then PSU is done as far as possibly returning to being a football power - and I'm starting to seriously wonder if Franklin will succeed at PSU. This program and fanbase has just been through too much to ever recover if Franklin fails. The question then is whether PSU the university also suffers if the football program and athletic department decline significantly? If this happens then what does it mean for the university's future in the big ten? If
PSU permanently declines then do they get kicked out of the big ten and if then what does that mean for the future of the big ten? Questions to ponder and the answers may be much closer than we imagine.

I am of the belief that if Franklin can't get it done then PSU is done as far as possibly returning to being a football power - and I'm starting to seriously wonder if Franklin will succeed at PSU. This program and fanbase has just been through too much to ever recover if Franklin fails. The question then is whether PSU the university also suffers if the football program and athletic department decline significantly? If this happens then what does it mean for the university's future in the big ten? If
PSU permanently declines then do they get kicked out of the big ten and if then what does that mean for the future of the big ten? Questions to ponder and the answers may be much closer than we imagine.

I think you're hitting the panic button a little too hard. If the B10 didn't kick them out 4 years ago, then don't worry about that.

Otherwise, if JF can't cut it, then we move on to someone else. I'm not feeling too good about his chances at the moment. 4 months into the season and you would think they could tackle.

Just a tad over the top. Don't you think. There were times in the recent past when both USC and Alabama were losing teams and then very mediocre. I am not a big fan of Franklin's offensive philosophy, but he is recruiting well, and any other coach would as well. We will be back. We are never, and were never, going to be as consistently good as football factories like OSU and some of the SEC schools who are able to recruit kids we can't and won't and keep them eligible majoring in golf and basket weaving and living in condos with cars supplied by local boosters. I am fine with that.

We just need a good OC, with the talents coming in, we can compete with anyone

[We will be back. We are never, and were never, going to be as consistently good as football factories like OSU and some of the SEC schools who are able to recruit kids we can't and won't and keep them eligible majoring in golf and basket weaving and living in condos with cars supplied by local boosters. I amfine with that.]

You seem to contradict yourself - you say PSU will be back but will never be at the level of OSU and Bama? What do you mean by back? Do you mean at the level of the prime Paterno years which was certainly at the level of OSU and Bama? Also if PSU can never be at the level of OSU and BAma then why are they paying Franklin upwards of 4.5 million a year? Has PSU fallen to the level of Iowa where they have to accept overpaying a coach just to be mediocre to good?

Last edited:
I'm thinking the next 100 years or more will be tough if we keep Franklin. Just more silly banter !!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT