ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the first loss we can definitely blame on the transfer portal?

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
If we have Levis, there's NO WAY we lose this game. At worst he would have been our best running back.

If you're as ploddingly SLOW as our current stable of RBs are, at least put your head down and try to make your own yards like we used to do in the old days. This dancing around BS when you can't outrun a snail is worthless. I was wondering why we didn't at least try to run some wishbone or option with a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn, but then realized our backs are too slow and insist on dancing instead of steamrolling over the opposition.

In today's game, if you lose your starting QB, and you can't run the ball, you're toast.

Just really hard to understand how all the RBs can be so ineffective. And look slow and indecisive. It's baffling, really, how not one of them seems to run angry.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
We have a roster deficit at QB. We needed to get a transfer before the season.
Roberson might be an OK QB, but he may not be the right guy for the MY offense.
One way or the other, we don’t have adequate usable depth at QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUFFALO LION
No. Without the portal, we don't have 3 of our starters.

Our QB got hurt, and we didn't have enough to beat a team they hyped up hard all week. Maybe they were right. The defense took advantage and didn't let up. How do you think a backup would have fared vs us?

Congrats to Iowa. We'll fight another day.

Reactions: Madsol and WildTurk
We have a roster deficit at QB. We needed to get a transfer before the season.
Roberson might be an OKQB, but he may not be the right guy for the MY offense.
One way or the other, we don’t have adequate usable depth at QB.
A good coach would have just whipped up a good transfer portal QB on the stove. Nothing to it, just pick one and they automatically come to a team that has a third year starter…I mean every QB goes into the portal looking for a place to be a backup (eye roll).

Reactions: KC-KS-Lion
No. Without the portal, we don't have 3 of our starters.

Our QB got hurt, and we didn't have enough to beat a team they hyped up hard all week. Maybe they were right. The defense took advantage and didn't let up. How do you think a backup would have fared vs us?

Congrats to Iowa. We'll fight another day.

I'm guessing Iowa's backup would have fared about as well as ours. Maybe worse, seeing as how their starter is nothing to write home about.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT