ADVERTISEMENT

The Football Letter

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Check out the ytd statistics. They are stunning. 12 more minutes per game of possession time. Over 100 more offensive plays ytd than the opposition. One turnover and 11 takeaways. 9 TD passes and 0 interceptions.

I'm an old timer with a good memory. Our undefeated teams of the 1960s were made by great defenses and possessing the ball.
I don't see the caution lights that others do.

Fewer long runs and passes are not a problem. Last year, with Clifford, defenses had to defend 3 backs who could run on every play. Neither TE is as effective a blocker as Strange was. We have done an effective job of taking advantage of what the defense gives us to defeat our long gains. Drew's 2nd pass of the year was a 72 yard TD. When you have a big gun like Drew the long pass is going to come.

I think we beat at least one of OSU & UM and go to the B1G championship and win it. If we lose one game, the sports media has already proven more than willing to SCREW us. We must beat them both to get to the NC series.
I see green lights, not red ones.

Check out the ytd statistics. They are stunning. 12 more minutes per game of possession time. Over 100 more offensive plays ytd than the opposition. One turnover and 11 takeaways. 9 TD passes and 0 interceptions.

I'm an old timer with a good memory. Our undefeated teams of the 1960s were made by great defenses and possessing the ball.
I don't see the caution lights that others do.

Fewer long runs and passes are not a problem. Last year, with Clifford, defenses had to defend 3 backs who could run on every play. Neither TE is as effective a blocker as Strange was. We have done an effective job of taking advantage of what the defense gives us to defeat our long gains. Drew's 2nd pass of the year was a 72 yard TD. When you have a big gun like Drew the long pass is going to come.

I think we beat at least one of OSU & UM and go to the B1G championship and win it. If we lose one game, the sports media has already proven more than willing to SCREW us. We must beat them both to get to the NC series.
I see green lights, not red ones.
Have they screwed PSU before when they only lost one game? I don’t remember

Impressive statistics no doubt, but I'm old enough to remember last year when we were gloating about our defensive statistics and that all went out the window when we met Michigan on the road. Piling up impressive statistics is wonderful to this point, but don't think for a second these hold firm once we play the likes of OSU and Michichigan(maybe Maryland too....rutgers can even run it well so far).

I guess beating them head-to-head doesn't count? :rolleyes:
If that’s the case, then 2-loss PSU wouldn’t want to be compared to 2-loss Michigan pre-CFP.

PSU lost their bowl game to a 3-loss team. I wish fans would just drop the ridiculous complaints about that year, there are enough seasons to complain about.

Reactions: SR108
If that’s the case, then 2-loss PSU wouldn’t want to be compared to 2-loss Michigan pre-CFP.

PSU lost their bowl game to a 3-loss team. I wish fans would just drop the ridiculous complaints about that year, there are enough seasons to complain about.
Well, Michigan and OSU didn't win the Big Ten East, we did. We also beat OSU and went to and won the Big Ten CHAMPIONSHIP game (perhaps you missed this game?). To cap it off, the Big Ten Commissioner lobbied for OSU to go to the CFP. How could he possibly support a championship game and after the game lobby for a team that didn't compete in the championship game? This is the definition of being screwed.

This is almost an unbelievable story, but sadly it's true.

Last edited:
And, for what it’s worth, all of PSUs linebackers were out against Michigan. The guy who started at middle linebacker had NEVER played linebacker before. All linebackers were healthy later in the season.

Well, Michigan and OSU didn't win the Big Ten East, we did. We also beat OSU and went to and won the Big Ten CHAMPIONSHIP game (perhaps you missed this game?). To cap it off, the Big Ten Commissioner lobbied for OSU to go to the CFP. How could he possibly support a championship game and after the game lobby for a team that didn't compete in the championship game?
That is a great explanation for the consideration of 11/13 of PSU’s and 10/12 of tOSU’s respective pre-bowl seasons. Basically the B1G part that PSU rightfully got the tiebreaker over tOSU for. PSU won the B1G, yay.

But, when looking at 100% of each team’s season that should be part of a national championship, you add in PSU losing to Pitt while tOSU beat OU.
This is the definition of being screwed.
11-2 being < 11-1 is not screwed, especially when the 11-1 played more difficult opponents.

Maybe it is the younger fans who want to think they’ve experienced “being screwed” like all the old fogeys have. 2016 is hardly it.
This is almost an unbelievable story, but sadly it's true.
It is quite logical. Sad is the continued complaints about basically wanting a participation trophy after knowing PSU LOST their bowl game to a 3-loss team that lost by 46 earlier in the season to the eventual runner up.

Let that sink in. We all know PSU eventually lost, and there are still complaints they weren’t given an invite. That is the definition of desiring a participation trophy. I really don’t understand it.

That is a great explanation for the consideration of 11/13 of PSU’s and 10/12 of tOSU’s respective pre-bowl seasons. Basically the B1G part that PSU rightfully got the tiebreaker over tOSU for. PSU won the B1G, yay.

But, when looking at 100% of each team’s season that should be part of a national championship, you add in PSU losing to Pitt while tOSU beat OU.

11-2 being < 11-1 is not screwed, especially when the 11-1 played more difficult opponents.

Maybe it is the younger fans who want to think they’ve experienced “being screwed” like all the old fogeys have. 2016 is hardly it.

It is quite logical. Sad is the continued complaints about basically wanting a participation trophy after knowing PSU LOST their bowl game to a 3-loss team that lost by 46 earlier in the season to the eventual runner up.

Let that sink in. We all know PSU eventually lost, and there are still complaints they weren’t given an invite. That is the definition of desiring a participation trophy. I really don’t understand it.
You're a dope. I'm done with you.

Like PSU was invested in that Bowl Game after the treatment by the BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT