ADVERTISEMENT

Is hairball on the hot seat at um?

agree. They lost to MSU because of O'Korn's inability to throw the ball with blue and yellow shirts and a monsoon. If not for that, they are undefeated going into our game. That defense is awesome. Offense needs some talent at QB, RB and WR.

Well then, if they only need talent at QB, WR and RB, then they're really close ;)

Harbaugh is at Michigan as long as he wants to be there. Any notion that his seat is warm - especially after the RichRod and Hoke eras - is wishful thinking.
Not to mention he has much of the media in his back pocket. Finebaum said this morning that no coach other than Dabo has done as much to turn around their program as Harbaugh. My jaw hit the floor....I would say Franklin has done way more.

Read an article yesterday that said that their offensive coordinator makes 1 million per year and that they have a passing game coordinator that makes another million per year. They supposedly ran 40 something different formations just in the first half alone.

MSU won the game last night because the monsoon came just when scUM was getting momentum. The gods played a role in that game. MSU did nothing in the second half. Nevertheless, the scUM offense will not scare anyone!
Um, it seemed to slow down MSU when they got a turnover too, right in the middle of it. UM had a couple possessions after the rain eased.

He deserves to be on the hot seat every year if he doesn't make the playoffs just based on his salary alone. What does he make like 10 million per year for coaching college? He also has one of the highest (maybe highest) paid staffs in college football. Pretty soon the administrators are going to expect something for all of the money they are shelling out. Its not like OSU or PSU are going anywhere anytime soon.

This....when you are the highest paid guy making nearly double of most of your contemporaries, taking your players to Italy, flaunting every loophole in the book, acting like a crazy person by doing sleepovers and other strange things, you better be in the Big Ten championship game every year and in the playoffs and winning. If the world is right, Michigan will get handled by PSU and lose to Wiscy and OSU and Michigan will go 8-4 with a crappy bowl and will see some recruits jump ship. Then Jimmy Hairyballs will be on the hot seat in the offseason.

source.gif

Reactions: lionroar88
Not to mention he has much of the media in his back pocket. Finebaum said this morning that no coach other than Dabo has done as much to turn around their program as Harbaugh. My jaw hit the floor....I would say Franklin has done way more.
No question on the roster/recruiting and general rebuilding front. Nobody's done what Franklin has done.

M's recruiting/roster never really took the hits PSU's took. And PSU's brand is still in flux. But PSU didn't have a losing season despite the sanctions. Michigan was 5-7 before Harbaugh. Now they're at the forefront of seemingly all media coverage. There's always a Harbaugh or Michigan article.

finebaum is beyond stupid. Wow.

MSU won the game last night because the monsoon came just when scUM was getting momentum. The gods played a role in that game. MSU did nothing in the second half. Nevertheless, the scUM offense will not scare anyone!

People say that about the weather, but MSU was winning the game until the rain hit...the rain hurt MSU moreso because we have a better passing attack and we simply stopped passing the ball because we knew we'd very likely win if we didn't turn it over. UM has a very very good D and they just geared up for the run and Dantonio was content to not turn it over and sit on the lead in the monsoon. MSUs play action hurt UM in the 1st half but MSU only ran a couple pass plays the entire second half.

MSU exposed UMs defense a bit in the 1st half, especially when Lewerke was able to isolate on the MLB McCray and out run him.

Another telling stat--MSU had 4 sacks and the vaunted Michigan defense had ZERO!

MSU literally stopped trying to score in the second half and let UM be the ones to throw it and MSU got 3 picks as a result.

It was a perfect gameplan for an undermanned MSU team in bad weather.

I still think we are an 8 win team but am excited about our future.

Reactions: djr4rebs
People say that about the weather, but MSU was winning the game until the rain hit...the rain hurt MSU moreso because we have a better passing attack and we simply stopped passing the ball because we knew we'd very likely win if we didn't turn it over. UM has a very very good D and they just geared up for the run and Dantonio was content to not turn it over and sit on the lead in the monsoon. MSUs play action hurt UM in the 1st half but MSU only ran a couple pass plays the entire second half.

MSU exposed UMs defense a bit in the 1st half, especially when Lewerke was able to isolate on the MLB McCray and out run him.

Another telling stat--MSU had 4 sacks and the vaunted Michigan defense had ZERO!

MSU literally stopped trying to score in the second half and let UM be the ones to throw it and MSU got 3 picks as a result.

It was a perfect gameplan for an undermanned MSU team in bad weather.

I still think we are an 8 win team but am excited about our future.

I actually thought Dantonio got a little too conservative in the 2nd half, but I understand his thinking. Field position had a lot to do with it in the 3rd quarter. I was really impressed with the athletic ability of your QB.

Coaching college football is all about recruiting and Jimmay is up against the best in the business at OSU and PSU. He will decide that the NFL suits him better before his contract expires.

[QUOTEIs hairball on the hot seat?[/QUOTE]

Kidding, right? He won at San Diego, he won at Stanford, he turned around a nearly dead Niners program, and he's winning at Michigan. He's there as long as he wants to be...I'm hoping those Harbaugh to Indy rumors prove to be true.

Harbaugh's college success was sneakily unexpected and had no caps on what was successful and what wasn't. He then stepped into a great defense at SF and his system produced great results for about 3 seasons.

He came to Michigan with the loftiest of expectations and goals. Beating Sparty and the Bucks were priority 1, conference titles second. His script has followed Michigan's last few coaching changes: win with the underachieving kids recruited by the previous coach and see it go down hill from there.

So far, it's just one game. It's a rebuilding year for them. There starting QB is hurt. Their best WR is hurt. To think he could come in and dominate instantly was absurd.

Harbaugh's college success was sneakily unexpected and had no caps on what was successful and what wasn't. He then stepped into a great defense at SF and his system produced great results for about 3 seasons.

He came to Michigan with the loftiest of expectations and goals. Beating Sparty and the Bucks were priority 1, conference titles second. His script has followed Michigan's last few coaching changes: win with the underachieving kids recruited by the previous coach and see it go down hill from there.

So far, it's just one game. It's a rebuilding year for them. There starting QB is hurt. Their best WR is hurt. To think he could come in and dominate instantly was absurd.

MSU returns 17 starters next year and OSU will be great again. UM plays at MSU and at OSU next year (and opens at ND).

Will UM really be heading into NEXT year with either an inexperienced QB (McCaffrey/Peters) or a proven dud in Speight...

And that is assuming their OL problems get fixed. It's not looking good for Harbaugh...I can't fathom him being 1-7 against MSU/OSU after 4 years without even a divisional title.

...I can't fathom him being 1-7 against MSU/OSU after 4 years without even a divisional title.

He's carrying a lot of hype. Expectations crush a lot of dreams. The pressure may be too much to handle.

How much has he helped recruiting? They have recruited well regardless of who was coach. If anything, I think kids may get overrated because they have a UM offer or commit.

Scheme is what he brings, some say. His offense looked brilliant last year until Iowa upset them. Since it has been average. His defense is entirely coach Brown's. I read something that they employed 40 different formations in the first half vs Sparty. And it scored a grand total of 3 points. Sounds like they out-schemed themselves.

Is hairball's seat a bit hotter this morning? I don't think he's doing nearly enough at michigan to get a sniff at the nfl again.

No. He'll get 5 years, no question. Given his history, he'll have Michigan contending for titles, both conference and national soon enough. Just a matter of time.

Actually, take out his wins at San Diego, and his history is not all that different than two dozen other active coaches. He is more hype than substance, Code Blue, and you've bought the hype.
Ha! If we take out Paterno's wins at Penn State, how does he look? You can craft it anyway you want, but he's won at every stop. He's a Schembechler guy, he's got a super long leash at Michigan. Michigan will be just fine under Jim.

Ha! If we take out Paterno's wins at Penn State, how does he look? You can craft it anyway you want, but he's won at every stop. He's a Schembechler guy, he's got a super long leash at Michigan. Michigan will be just fine under Jim.

Ha! How many championships and national titles has Hoke 2.0 won?

San Diego is nearly D-2, fella. It wasn't San Diego State, it was plain old San Diego. He's had some good seasons, for sure, but he hasn't won a damned thing. And that isn't changing anytime soon.

Hey, I hope he stays at Michigan a good, long time. He doesn't frighten me one bit.

How the hell did this guy coach his team to a Super Bowl? With Colin Kaepernick as his QB, no less. You're selling him way short. He's a bit of a loon, but he can coach.
Yes he can and it would be no surprise to see UM competing nationally in the next couple of years.

Wouldn't trade him for any other coach in the B10. He has the biggest upside (IMO).

Biggest upside? He's 53 and coaching Michigan, not 43 and coaching directional Michigan. OSU fans don't like Urbs because of his upside...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT