ADVERTISEMENT

Is hairball on the hot seat at um?

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
As has been discussed plenty here, hairball has two third-place finishes in the b1g east. In 2+ seasons at um, hairball is 1-2 versus msu and 0-2 versus Tosu (and 13-1 against the rest of the b1g). He's now lost to msu twice at home, and um was not impressive last night. He also has not recruited well with the Class of 2018 thus far.

Is hairball on the hot seat?

Some Michigan fans are getting tired of his BS schtick

JOHNNAVARREISMYHERO
MGoPoints: 3685

He jumped into a pool with his clothes on instead of prepping for this game.

Jim-Harbaugh-Michigan-coach-does-can-opener-dive-into-pool-while-wearing-khakis.jpg

screen_shot_2017-09-30_at_11.52.24_am.png

As has been discussed plenty here, hairball has two third-place finishes in the b1g east. In 2+ seasons at um, hairball is 1-2 versus msu and 0-2 versus Tosu (and 13-1 against the rest of the b1g). He's now lost to msu twice at home, and um was not impressive last night. He also has not recruited well with the Class of 2018 thus far.

No, not at all.
They lost their QB and many of their players yet they were still 4-0 beating Florida.
There are maybe 5 teams that wouldn't trade coaches with UM.

LdN

Reactions: Obliviax
Give it a year. I don’t think they are going to fire him anytime soon considering his recruiting success. But his seat could be quite hot in a year if he continues on his current course

No, not at all.
They lost their QB and many of their players yet they were still 4-0 beating Florida.

LdN
Luckily PSU is one of them! Glad we have CJF....just such a professional, doesn't take crap from other coaches and pays them back when the time is right....see MSU last year!

No, not at all.

LdN
agree. They lost to MSU because of O'Korn's inability to throw the ball with blue and yellow shirts and a monsoon. If not for that, they are undefeated going into our game. That defense is awesome. Offense needs some talent at QB, RB and WR.

He may need to work on his pre game prep. Better form on the jackknife will provide a better splash. Maybe he can work on a directional splash to soak key recruits. And then maybe climb a tree.

Reactions: RS54
MSU won the game last night because the monsoon came just when scUM was getting momentum. The gods played a role in that game. MSU did nothing in the second half. Nevertheless, the scUM offense will not scare anyone!

Reactions: marshall23

No.

MSU won the game last night because the monsoon came just when scUM was getting momentum. The gods played a role in that game. MSU did nothing in the second half. Nevertheless, the scUM offense will not scare anyone!

MSU won because they dominated the first half. Everyone knew the monsoon was coming. Dantonio played very conservative on offense (don't make the big mistake) in the second half knowing that the conditions would be in his favor. Once they got out of the third quarter (wind in their face) with the lead, he knew they were in good position if they didn't screw up, which they tried desperately to do in the last two minutes.

Reactions: Grass
5 turnovers. Harbaugh didn't drop any of em nor throw any of em. Plus, they got flagged for holding (!? Blew my mind) on the deep thrown touchdown. I don't remember them trying it again, but I was game hopping.

Michigan misses Tariq Black.

How the hell did this guy coach his team to a Super Bowl? With Colin Kaepernick as his QB, no less. You're selling him way short. He's a bit of a loon, but he can coach.

See Judge's post above. Case closed.

IMO, he goes if he continues to flatline against OSU. The magic number of Oh fers to get the pink slip IDK but guessing 0-5.

Reactions: masterbaker65
IMO, he goes if he continues to flatline against OSU. The magic number of Oh fers to get the pink slip IDK but guessing 0-5.

um ran out one of their own before for an inability to beat Tosu, so it could certainly happen again. Of course, the previous case was lloyd carr, and he had success for his first several years against Tosu under cooper. Plus, carr won um's first national championship in nearly 50 years. Nevertheless, his lack of success against tressel sealed his fate.

um ran out one of their own before for an inability to beat Tosu, so it could certainly happen again. Of course, the previous case was lloyd carr, and he had success for his first several years against Tosu under cooper. Plus, carr won um's first national championship in nearly 50 years. Nevertheless, his lack of success against tressel sealed his fate.
Barring the quite possible bizarre moment, being the anointed one and a Michigan man, I'd guess he could go 5 years . For reference, cHoke got 4 and Dick Rod got 3 seasons.

No, not at all.
LdN

IMO, that win over Florida is a mirage. The Gators had all sorts of suspended players out for that game, and even with their return, they have a pathetic offense and only a so-so defense. Perhaps if Michigan had beaten Georgia in its opener, I might be impressed. But then, nothing about Michigan impresses me. :rolleyes:

IMO, that win over Florida is a mirage. The Gators had all sorts of suspended players out for that game, and even with their return, they have a pathetic offense and only a so-so defense. Perhaps if Michigan had beaten Georgia in its opener, I might be impressed. But then, nothing about Michigan impresses me. :rolleyes:

The question is about Harbaugh and a hot seat.

I agree. Florida is putrid. However Michigan won and they are 4-1.

He lost a lot of players and beating Florida keeps the heat out.

Ldb

No his recruiting has been really good other than maybe Qb where he seems to be in the Jvp mode of Qbs who manage the game and minimize mistakes.Now they have no margin for error to win the b10e .It will be interesting to see how he and his team react to adversity.

He gets a pass for this year but that's it. You can see some of their locals are getting tired of his act. His recruiting class this year is not that good so far. He won last year with Hoke's players. The only good thing so far on this years team is the defense which is the 1 thing he doesn't really touch at Michigan. 1-4 against their rivals with the money they are paying him another year with no title next year and the pressure on him will be huge. The national media already is on him as the most overrated coach in football. If I am Michigan's administration with the money I am paying him I want to see at a minimum a Big10 title not the career leader for finishing in 3rd place in the big 10

Reactions: Grass

Yep. Florida is awful

No his recruiting has been really good other than maybe Qb where he seems to be in the Jvp mode of Qbs who manage the game and minimize mistakes.Now they have no margin for error to win the b10e .It will be interesting to see how he and his team react to adversity.

Didn’t he get Christian McCaffrey’s brother who was a 5* QB recruit?

....I bet their offense is scaring the crap out of their fans and coaches!

He coaches like he has Alabama talent.
It won't work unless the talent is upgraded or he gets a 21st century offense.

He coaches like he has Alabama talent.
It won't work unless the talent is upgraded or he gets a 21st century offense.

Even Saban realized that he had to incorporate more modern nuance into his offense and he has been recruiting lights out for nearly a decade.

Still, Michigan lacks playmakers and have poorly protected the ball this year. You can get by with the power running, PA passing when teams fear your RBs and you protect the football.

He deserves to be on the hot seat every year if he doesn't make the playoffs just based on his salary alone. What does he make like 10 million per year for coaching college? He also has one of the highest (maybe highest) paid staffs in college football. Pretty soon the administrators are going to expect something for all of the money they are shelling out. Its not like OSU or PSU are going anywhere anytime soon.

Of course not.

No, not at all.

LdN

$9 million/year...three 3rd place finishes in a row in his own conference ?

His antics are beginning to be side show especially with his not being able to beat Michigan's two main rivals...OSU and MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT