ADVERTISEMENT

Is hairball on the hot seat at um?

Ha! If we take out Paterno's wins at Penn State, how does he look? You can craft it anyway you want, but he's won at every stop. He's a Schembechler guy, he's got a super long leash at Michigan. Michigan will be just fine under Jim.

A Schembechler guy. Is that a positive thing? Bo rarely won a game that counted for much. Yet for some reason he's been made into a legend. Doesn't make sense to me.

I should know better than to expect rational thought from you guys... despite our "down" year, as of today Jim Harbaugh has a better winning percentage over the last three seasons than James Franklin, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good hate fest. Carry on.

I should know better than to expect rational thought from you guys... despite our "down" year, as of today Jim Harbaugh has a better winning percentage over the last three seasons than James Franklin, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good hate fest. Carry on.
And he should...he didn't take over a sanction riddled team. It's apples and oranges.

And he should...he didn't take over a sanction riddled team. It's apples and oranges.
I figured that would be the "reason". His string of "luck" must obviously be over, right? LOL. Let's re-visit this in a few years and compare results.

I figured that would be the "reason". His string of "luck" must obviously be over, right? LOL. Let's re-visit this in a few years and compare results.
Or we could compare results over the last two years when it's been a more equal playing field, not completely equal but closer. And let's compare if Harbaugh ever wins a championship of any sort.

Or we could compare results over the last two years when it's been a more equal playing field, not completely equal but closer. And let's compare if Harbaugh ever wins a championship of any sort.
Or you could compare their head coaching record overall, but that wouldn't support your argument either. Good luck in your bowl game.

Or you could compare their head coaching record overall, but that wouldn't support your argument either. Good luck in your bowl game.

Right....because Vanderbilt is such an easy place to win.

Have fun with the douche canoe. I hope he stays in Ann Arbor for a long time.

Sure, let's do that. In P5 football Franklin is 58-32 and Harbaugh is 57-30. To look at apples to apples (no sanctions) Franklin is 44-16....a much better winning percentage than Harbaugh. Then throw in a conference championship and Franklin's record is definitely better. But thanks for playing.

Sure, let's do that. In P5 football Franklin is 58-32 and Harbaugh is 57-30. To look at apples to apples (no sanctions) Franklin is 44-16....a much better winning percentage than Harbaugh. Then throw in a conference championship and Franklin's record is definitely better. But thanks for playing.
Apples to apples, or tailoring the window to support your argument. The only institution that created the environment that lead to sanctions is right there in Happy Valley, but we can pretend that you didn't play football during that time, sure.

Apples to apples, or tailoring the window to support your argument. The only institution that created the environment that lead to sanctions is right there in Happy Valley, but we can pretend that you didn't play football during that time, sure.
I thought we were comparing coaches and their ability to coach. If that's the case, Harbaugh certainly should be able to match up against a coach who's on sanctions and isn't on a level playing field. If he's so great why wouldn't that be a fair comparison? But even counting the sanction years Franklin's record is almost identical and Franklin has a championship and Harbaugh doesn't, advantage Franklin. Who had the harder job? Who has had more success even facing that harder job? But keep trying.

I thought we were comparing coaches and their ability to coach. If that's the case, Harbaugh certainly should be able to match up against a coach who's on sanctions and isn't on a level playing field. If he's so great why wouldn't that be a fair comparison? But even counting the sanction years Franklin's record is almost identical and Franklin has a championship and Harbaugh doesn't, advantage Franklin. Who had the harder job? Who has had more success even facing that harder job? But keep trying.
Almost identical.... a common practice amongst Penn State fans.

Almost identical.... a common practice amongst Penn State fans.
Franklin has one more win and two more losses...yeah, pretty f'n close to identical. Fighting a losing battle...a common practice among Michigan fans.

He had a boat load of starters back last year and still finished third in the division.
It's tough to win the Big 10... gotta have a little luck. I would have thought that you guys would have realized that by now. 3 Rose bowls in 24 years. Just sayin'.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
It's tough to win the Big 10... gotta have a little luck. I would have thought that you guys would have realized that by now. 3 Rose bowls in 24 years. Just sayin'.
What does the last 24 years have to do with Franklin? And franklin won the Big 10...Harbaugh? Not so much.

Michigan last won a football conference championship in 2004. Since then Penn State has won three. Just sayin'.

Enjoy that fourth place divisional finish this year.

Last edited:
Ha, ha, ha. Was UM on sanctions? Man, I used to think UM was a good school, but if you are representative of their alumni, I was obviously mistaken.

What is UM's record against your rival OSU?

I'd think you were a bit smarter than talking about bowl records. Apparently I was incorrect.

Quoted from Freep:
The Wolverines still have not recorded a road win over a ranked opponent since 2006.

This year's team fell to 0-3 in games against clubs with a winning record.

Harbaugh entered this season 7-6 at Michigan against teams that finished seasons with a winning mark.

As has been discussed plenty here, hairball has two third-place finishes in the b1g east. In 2+ seasons at um, hairball is 1-2 versus msu and 0-2 versus Tosu (and 13-1 against the rest of the b1g). He's now lost to msu twice at home, and um was not impressive last night. He also has not recruited well with the Class of 2018 thus far.

Is hairball on the hot seat?
If he isn't, another loss to the Buckeyes may serve him up as fried michicken.

As has been discussed plenty here, hairball has two third-place finishes in the b1g east. In 2+ seasons at um, hairball is 1-2 versus msu and 0-2 versus Tosu (and 13-1 against the rest of the b1g). He's now lost to msu twice at home, and um was not impressive last night. He also has not recruited well with the Class of 2018 thus far.

Is hairball on the hot seat?

UM losses to OSU the heat will be on. UM may lose 2 more games (OSU, bowl game). If that happens they will be 7-5. How long are you going to pay a guy 9 million to lose to you rival and not win a Big title?

ADVERTISEMENT