ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Minnesota

Regardless, there was very little buzz about him in general compared to Nagao and Truax at the time.
MM was our red Ryder BB gun this Christmas. He was that last package hidden in the corner behind the desk. We had thought Christmas was over, only to receive the best gift of all.

Cael was hilarious. 'Had we known he was such a killer we would have camped out on his porch'.

I am pretty sure this one that dropped in our laps seemingly out of the blue, was Cael's best coach's Christmas gift this year as well.

Reactions: Ski and PD4thespawn
Keuter is in no way, shape, or form ready for Kerk.
I think he has his tank issues fixed by then but he's way too small for Kirk.
220lbs is not going to get it done.
I think Gabe and Star would be closer than many think. Star is very methodical in matches like this and Gabe is tough to take down. I'm guessing a 5-2 type match that isn't as close as the score.
Franek and Haines is a tossup imo. Franek appears too wrestle to the level of his competition.
Edit to clarify: Haines will obviously be favored but it wouldn't shock me if Franek beat him.
I don't really see Arnold as harder to take down than Mekhi, and Carter seemed to take him down with ease at the All-Star event. Then, Carter's top game leveled up this year. I think that Carter may be able to bonus everyone at the weight this year.

Reactions: Ski and Sett1997
I don't really see Arnold as harder to take down than Mekhi, and Carter seemed to take him down with ease at the All-Star event. Then, Carter's top game leveled up this year. I think that Carter may be able to bonus everyone at the weight this year.
Carter has definitely upped his top game. You may be right, there may be no one that can hang with him.
Limited action I've seen Gabe he's very compact and quick, good scrambler too. Obviously he's faced no one in his career like Star.

Truthfully I think Arnold being so short is going to open the door for a cradle and Carter will not miss on that opportunity.

My fear, and I truly hope it doesn't happen, is that Carter locks up a B&A and takes it a bit too far.

Gable> everyone else
Gable was very good, but greater than everyone else?

Oh No Cat GIF by Unscreen

We can rule out the "throw money at 'em" approach.

Slumlord Bob tried that with Nagao, Truax, Mesenbrink, and Griffith. It worked on Ferrari.
I fear they are stuck between Dante's fifth and sixth stage of purgatory and may never be absolved. Sloth and Prodigality are serious sins to be absolved from and as long as the slumlord is around it's unlikely. In reality, sloth (wasting one's talents) is probably the biggest sin there is that can be absolved, but it takes a long time to do so.

The perfect example of sloth being the Brands continually wasting high level wrestlers while their fans defend them wholeheartedly.

Prodigality has to be the slumlord spending ridiculous amounts of money while never understanding that money is not the only motivator of high preforming wrestlers, and people in general.

Or perhaps I got it wrong and they are truly stuck in one of the nine levels of hell?

Last edited:
Reactions: dbldoofus
Carter didn't take Mekhi down with ease, he took him down once in the 3rd. He was in on Mekhi's legs a ton but couldn't finish (but forced stalls). He was able to turn him though. Can he turn Gabe? Maybe if he hits the B&A, Carter hasn't been much of a cradler in his career.

It went
Stall Point (1-0)
4NF off B&A (5-0)
Escape 3rd (6-0)
Stall Point (7-0)
TD (10-0)
RT (11-0)

I wouldn't be shocked if the match doesn't happen if Gabe is redshirting, which seems to be the case. I can see Brands using Arnold at 184 and trying to use the Carver Crowd to let him steal a win off a stalling point against Bernie.

Carter didn't take Mekhi down with ease, he took him down once in the 3rd. He was in on Mekhi's legs a ton but couldn't finish (but forced stalls). He was able to turn him though. Can he turn Gabe? Maybe if he hits the B&A, Carter hasn't been much of a cradler in his career.

It went
Stall Point (1-0)
4NF off B&A (5-0)
Escape 3rd (6-0)
Stall Point (7-0)
TD (10-0)
RT (11-0)

I wouldn't be shocked if the match doesn't happen if Gabe is redshirting, which seems to be the case. I can see Brands using Arnold at 184 and trying to use the Carver Crowd to let him steal a win off a stalling point against Bernie.
Arnold has used 4 of his 5 competition dates. I suspect he'll use the last one against Michigan -- they match up very well against Iowa, and Iowa likely will need him.

Arnold has used 4 of his 5 competition dates. I suspect he'll use the last one against Michigan -- they match up very well against Iowa, and Iowa likely will need him.
That would imply that Tom is ready to admit to himself he’s competing for second best in the B1G this year.

Reactions: creamery freak
Iowa could be losing after 165, Riggins is vulnerable at 184, and Davison is a lock for bonus over Hill at HWT. Reality will be staring him in the face.
What is this going to look like?

125 Ayala 3-0
133 Ragusin MD 3-4
141 Woods MD 7-4
149 Gomez 7-7
157 Franek 10-7
165 Toss-up?
174 Griffith 10-10

So, we're looking at either up 13-10 or down 13-10 depending on who wins 165 going in to 184.

184 Bullock dec Riggins or Gabe dec Bullock
197 Glazier dec 13-10
HWT Davison MD Hill 13-14

For the 8 matches where there is an advantage, Iowa is down 1. If Caliendo also loses to Amine, then it's not worth it to use Gabe to stop the bleeding at 184, but if Caliendo beats Amine, then Gabe at 184 could be the deciding points. Of course, there can be upsets, too. DeAugustino over Ayala would be an upset but not out of the question. Same with PK over Griffith. 197 and HWT would be major upsets to go any other way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT