ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa suspension names released

Now they are all in over on HR for AJ and going to be favs with nagao injury. Sucks Nagao if true but please yes for AJ starting for hawks, cant wait for that sht for brains donning that singlet and screwing up big time again. Talk about letting fox in the hen house.

Now they are all in over on HR for AJ and going to be favs with nagao injury. Sucks Nagao if true but please yes for AJ starting for hawks, cant wait for that sht for brains donning that singlet and screwing up big time again. Talk about letting fox in the hen house.
As much as I am disgusted by the behavior of AJ and think that in no way should any team welcome him - he's had more than enough chances and has also shown no remorse despite serious transgressions, he's a walking tragedy waiting to happen - there is one silver lining. It will be nice to see him in the lineup when PSU rolls into Carver and wins 8 or 9 matches in this year's dual WITH Iowa fielding their strongest possible lineup. They are going to get shut out from 149 on up, I have little doubt. Flo might in hyping the match, and the Iowa fans will, but there's not a guy in Iowa on or off their roster that's beating any of our guys once Shayne walks on the mat.

As much as I am disgusted by the behavior of AJ and think that in no way should any team welcome him - he's had more than enough chances and has also shown no remorse despite serious transgressions, he's a walking tragedy waiting to happen - there is one silver lining. It will be nice to see him in the lineup when PSU rolls into Carver and wins 8 or 9 matches in this year's dual WITH Iowa fielding their strongest possible lineup. They are going to get shut out from 149 on up, I have little doubt. Flo might in hyping the match, and the Iowa fans will, but there's not a guy in Iowa on or off their roster that's beating any of our guys once Shayne walks on the mat.
Even below that, Beau-Woods isn't a slam dunk for them if Beau keeps up the progress he showed at NCAAs last year, and if Nagao is back by then, which seems fairly likely, they're losing 133 as well.

Nelson Brands did just post a pic with the caption "Cheezin cause it is the first day of practice"

I would say it is safe to assume at this point that none of the suspensions will hold.

Well that should have piles creaming his panties if all Iowa kids get a free pass on breaking the rules. Now the hawks are trying to get a total f**kup and can cover for him and his brother if they can get in. Should be an interesting time for your admin when they get in.

Well that should have piles creaming his panties if all Iowa kids get a free pass on breaking the rules. Now the hawks are trying to get a total f**kup and can cover for him and his brother if they can get in. Should be an interesting time for your admin when they get in.
Did you really expect Iowa to punish him (them) after NCAA loosened the noose?

Did you really expect Iowa to punish him (them) after NCAA loosened the noose?
If I were Tom, I might suspend Nelson for a dual or two for making him look so bad vis-à-vis the whole "missed team meeting" narrative, but maybe he can just get Terry to limit gas money or something, lol.

This just in, a new NIL cooperative formed this week in Iowa City. The entire wrestling team signed contracts. The coop is comprised of corporate interests DraftKings, FanDuel, and Trojan Condoms. Along with cash compensation are free unlimited access to all products and services. AJ to appear in the first commercial as depicted below.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Another offseason kick in the nuts for Iowa, the NCAA announced they are delaying, for two weeks, their vote on possible changes in the punishments, for athletes involved in the gambling scandal. GIA had all the implicated Iowa wrestlers, penciled in to be eligible for their first dual.🤣

Reactions: Ski
The delay really hurts the footballers. Talk about disproportionate penalties simply due to the calendar.

BTW - anyone hear an updated status on Paniro Johnson at ISU? Granted he has criminal considerations in play, but I assume he is SOL no matter what the NCAA comes back with?

Reactions: Sullivan
The delay really hurts the footballers. Talk about disproportionate penalties simply due to the calendar.

BTW - anyone hear an updated status on Paniro Johnson at ISU? Granted he has criminal considerations in play, but I assume he is SOL no matter what the NCAA comes back with?
Isn't Paniro RS regardless?

Its his 3rd year there, but a bit unclear if he burned his shirt. I am only wondering selfishly for the Iowa vs Iowa St dual, in case Iowa gets a bunch of bodies back early, will Paniro come back as well? He is now listed as 149 with Swiderski. Chittum fills in nicely at 157 and softens the blow a bit. Iowa St has a chance this year, especially if suspensions are still in place.

This just in, a new NIL cooperative formed this week in Iowa City. The entire wrestling team signed contracts. The coop is comprised of corporate interests DraftKings, FanDuel, and Trojan Condoms. Along with cash compensation are free unlimited access to all products and services. AJ to appear in the first commercial as depicted below.

That's not him. Fake news. This guy's wearing a shirt.

My son's first ever wrestling practice is at 5:30pm today. I didn't pressure him into joining as a preschooler, but he has asked to go several times now. He is pretty nervous to say the least because most everyone is bigger than him right now. I keep reassuring him he will be just fine.

Wish him luck! I'm a proud papa certainly!
What are you going to do when he’s ready to commit to Penn State Turk?

All joking aside, best wishes and hope he has the most enjoyable journey!

At Brands’ press conference today he touched briefly on the gambling issue. Understandably, he wanted to move quickly to other topics.

Reactions: slushhead
Another offseason kick in the nuts for Iowa, the NCAA announced they are delaying, for two weeks, their vote on possible changes in the punishments, for athletes involved in the gambling scandal. GIA had all the implicated Iowa wrestlers, penciled in to be eligible for their first dual.🤣
I’m on pins and needles waiting to see if they are eligible for Soldier Salute. That tourney will lack real firepower if they can’t go.

At Brands’ press conference today he touched briefly on the gambling issue. Understandably, he wanted to move quickly to other topics.

“We have a returning national runner up.”

omg-thats-so-cute-thats-cute.gif

Tom seemed deflated. After this particular off season …. Who wouldn’t be. It will be interesting to see what fire he brings this season. He’s looking a good bit like a guy on the back side of a great career. J. Rob comes to mind.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT