ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa placekicker was betting the "under" on Iowa games

And yet again, these are great examples of the benefits of legal gambling. If they are placing these bets offshore or with the local bookie, these types of things are likely never uncovered.

And yet again, these are great examples of the benefits of legal gambling. If they are placing these bets offshore or with the local bookie, these types of things are likely never uncovered.
Agree and disagree.

A problem you have, now, is anyone with a mobile phone can place a bet on just about anything to satisfy any gambling impulse. there is a reason why they are advertising with a ton of hot young girls. On the other hand, the gambling is tracked and the sites are shutting down people that over gamble.

We'll see where it goes. I wouldn't hand a bottle of Glenlivet to an alcoholic. In addition, as I saw on a number sticker once, "the lottery is a tax on people that are bad at math."

Agree and disagree.

A problem you have, now, is anyone with a mobile phone can place a bet on just about anything to satisfy any gambling impulse. there is a reason why they are advertising with a ton of hot young girls. On the other hand, the gambling is tracked and the sites are shutting down people that over gamble.

We'll see where it goes. I wouldn't hand a bottle of Glenlivet to an alcoholic. In addition, as I saw on a number sticker once, "the lottery is a tax on people that are bad at math."
And they could gamble on anything they wanted to on a smart phone without legal gambling. But at least now, there are precautions in place, brings in tax revenue rather than this revenue heading offshore or underground, and there is active enforcement. That doesn’t exist without bringing it into the open.

And they could gamble on anything they wanted to on a smart phone without legal gambling. But at least now, there are precautions in place, brings in tax revenue rather than this revenue heading offshore or underground, and there is active enforcement. That doesn’t exist without bringing it into the open.
really? illegal gamblers made apps or web portals that allowed you to xfer money? This I'd have to see.

really? illegal gamblers made apps or web portals that allowed you to xfer money? This I'd have to see.
They did (and still do)...keep in mind that for most of offshore, having the websites and/or accepting money isn't illegal in their locale. They are running a legit operation (or at least relatively legit). The US makes laws against those books accepting money or placing bets, but it's legal in their locale. And things like Western Union, Moneygram, and especially Bitcoin, etc make it easy to move money around (and have for decades).

Even my corner bookies have been using websites for over 15 years to accept bets...though with them, you're not transferring money electronically, you're making cash transactions.

They did (and still do)...keep in mind that for most of offshore, having the websites and/or accepting money isn't illegal in their locale. They are running a legit operation (or at least relatively legit). The US makes laws against those books accepting money or placing bets, but it's legal in their locale. And things like Western Union, Moneygram, and especially Bitcoin, etc make it easy to move money around (and have for decades).

Even my corner bookies have been using websites for over 15 years to accept bets...though with them, you're not transferring money electronically, you're making cash transactions.
nope....they didn't. they were all shut down.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
There’s going to be quite a few D1 football players that get busted for betting on their own games. I’ll bet zero of them will be starters at places like Georgia, A&M, and O$U.

Reactions: bison13

Preach it. Bring in that tax revenue. Forget it, I'm rambling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT