ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa - Minny game thread

Minne is not a good team.

I can't believe we lost to them - getting smoked by Iowa and will get smoked by Wiscy, too.

I hope everyone can see why we were so frustrated with the staff after last week. Minnesota shouldn’t have had a chance if we had any semblance of preparation and execution. We should have rowboat-raced them.

It was likely our worst loss of the Franklin era thus far. Minny’s record was smoke and mirrors

Look what Iowa is doing to Minnesota. Boy if we had to play Iowa they would put 50 on us in the first half.

Reactions: Gnat91
That Iowa road win is going to look a lot better at season’s end. After today, they have Illinois and Nebraska left. They could finish 9-3 with a win over #8 Minnesota and each of their three losses coming by one score.

1. Minny for the first time is the favorite. Pressure!!!

2. Flat from big win last week!!

3. Tired from last week.

4. Several players out that we beat up.

5. Iowa beats top ten teams at home at night!!!!

Welcome to the big time Minnesota!!!

Let’s not forget that Cain did not play. On those short yardage plays and even the pounding that Iowa rb is doing is pushing no Minnesota back.

Now don’t get me started on that 5 yard qb sneak.

I've thought all along that Minny was a pretender and so far they are proving me correct. It can be frustrating when PSU plays DOWN to the level of it's competition. Minny came out hot and PSU couldn't meet the adrenaline rush...

Regardless, PSU gets an opportunity to prove itself next week. Fingers crossed

I hope everyone can see why we were so frustrated with the staff AND PLAYERS after last week. Minnesota shouldn’t have had a chance if we had any semblance of preparation and execution. We should have rowboat-raced them.

It was likely our worst loss of the Franklin era thus far. Minny’s record was smoke and mirrors

Corrected your post

Would have wrote that if that is what I meant but thanks anyway. Franklin is a mess and this week was another of his calling cards where losses completely crater program confidence and his “1-0” mantra falls flat...
Your cratered confidence does not equate with "completely crater program confidence." A bit delusional.

Your cratered confidence does not equate with "completely crater program confidence." A bit delusional.

guess you are new here. This scenario has repeated itself the last few years under the Franklin regime after the first loss. Did you watch the game today? The defense was pushed all over their field, couldn’t tackle, offense had no sense of urgency and play calling on both sides was less than stellar.

By the way, Indiana had only beat Maryland by 6. They are not good.

we played a fringe top 25 team at 7-2 and squeak one out by 7.

clemson is playing a fringe top 25 team at 7-2 and are up 45-3 in the third with their backups now in. Dabo is doing something different and yes they have better players but the gap is much smaller between us and Clemson than us and Minnesota/Indiana

Reactions: wcg207
guess you are new here. This scenario has repeated itself the last few years under the Franklin regime after the first loss. Did you watch the game today? The defense was pushed all over their field, couldn’t tackle, offense had no sense of urgency and play calling on both sides was less than stellar.

By the way, Indiana had only beat Maryland by 6. They are not good.

we played a fringe top 25 team at 7-2 and squeak one out by 7.

clemson is playing a fringe top 25 team at 7-2 and are up 45-3 in the third with their backups now in. Dabo is doing something different and yes they have better players but the gap is much smaller between us and Clemson than us and Minnesota/Indiana
Clemson beat UNC by 1 point too

And how have they reacted after a close call?

you are making my point for me.
no I'm not

you're trying to pick and choose....us beating Indiana by 7 is somehow horrible while Clemson beating UNC by 1 is not

of course Clemson is last year's champion and bound for the playoffs again this year while we are not so they should be judged just as harshly maybe moreso

Iowa RB really screwed up by running OOB inside his own 10 yd line before half. That gave Minny 40 seconds to score. Lucky it wasn't a TD.

Reactions: mn78psu83
That’s the type of blitz it seems we never do. A delayed stunt.

Seems our guys always blitz the lane they are standing in at the snap

Would have wrote that if that is what I meant but thanks anyway. Franklin is a mess and this week was another of his calling cards where losses completely crater program confidence and his “1-0” mantra falls flat...

You can’t just blame Franklin and coaches, players F Up and fail to execute. So I corrected you since you want to go on ranting about coaches but want to give out players a free pass.

Are you that dense?

top tier elite teams don’t let one loss or a close call impact more than one week.

it happens all the time under Franklin, especially the last 3 years.

2018 lose to OSU, then to an awful MSU team, then beat a bad Indiana team by only 5 and Iowa by 6. Then lose to Michigan

2017 lose to OSU, then to MSU

2016 lose to bad Pitt team, beat Temple by only 7, lose to Michigan, barely beat Minnesota by 3.

Those following losses or close calls get played before we lose and we likely smoke those teams. Franklin has shown time and time again that he simply cannot get the team confidence back up after a loss.

it has to change if we want to be elite
you're totally assigning blame to factors at random

pulling reasons for losses out of your ass

I get the feeling that you are one of those guys who is purposely annoying on the internet

Reactions: PSU Soupy
you're totally assigning blame to factors at random

pulling reasons for losses out of your ass

I get the feeling that you are one of those guys who is purposely annoying on the internet

I get the feeling you are one of those people who loves sports, wears jerseys of other adult men and have never competed athletically at any level of consequence in your life. Be annoyed by me all you want but what I posted above is factually accurate.

franklin seems to be a great recruiter and CEO so it is a little confusing as to why the program struggles so mightily after a loss. If the whole single minded “1-0” mantra was truly bought in to and successful, one would expect that would allow the players and coaches to better compartmentalize and put a loss behind them.

doesn’t seem to be working out that way and I will be the first to say I don’t have a clue as to why.

Reactions: Ughhh
I get the feeling you are one of those people who loves sports, wears jerseys of other adult men and have never competed athletically at any level of consequence in your life. Be annoyed by me all you want but what I posted above is factually accurate.

franklin seems to be a great recruiter and CEO so it is a little confusing as to why the program struggles so mightily after a loss. If the whole single minded “1-0” mantra was truly bought in to and successful, one would expect that would allow the players and coaches to better compartmentalize and put a loss behind them.

doesn’t seem to be working out that way and I will be the first to say I don’t have a clue as to why.

Here is another fact for you. Penn State won today. We struggled to beat Michigan State the last two years, but won this year. We struggled to not lose after a loss the last two years. We won today. Teams simply do not magically transform themselves. It’s a process. Honestly it really sounds more like you have no idea how sports works in any sense.

Here is another fact for you. Penn State won today. We struggled to beat Michigan State the last two years, but won this year. We struggled to not lose after a loss the last two years. We won today. Teams simply do not magically transform themselves. It’s a process. Honestly it really sounds more like you have no idea how sports works in any sense.

well I was part of the hockey program that won 3 national championships here at Penn State during my 4 years of undergrad and was drafted in the very late rounds of the MLB draft out of high school.

My father played AAA baseball and is in the minor league football hall of fame.

So other than that, I have no idea how sports works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT