ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

#1 is also a player who returned from injury. Not looking to pick or start a fight, but I truly believe he was the instigator with Iowa fans. After he got up from his injury, he started jogging off, stopped at midfield, did the superman ripping off his shirt gesture, sat out one play, and came right back into the game the very next play. He received some boos upon re-entering because of his antics upon leaving the field. Upon hearing the boos he raised his two arms in the air as if to say boo louder.

I truly believe his behavior post injury started the booing and it was a trickle down effect from there. I'm not saying #1 did anything wrong, but the perception and his mannerisms drove the boos for the next several injuries imo.

Brisker has been battle recurring shoulder problems all season. Go watch the Wisconsin game and he’s in and out the entire second half getting worked on. Badger fans didn’t boo. Because they aren’t idiots.

Brisker has been battle recurring shoulder problems all season. Go watch the Wisconsin game and he’s in and out the entire second half getting worked on. Badger fans didn’t boo. Because they aren’t idiots.
Again, they don't know the roster and made this stuff up. The announcers even talked about Brisker being in and out of the Wisconsin game due to that. Mustipher never returned. AK sat out 4 plays after he went down. Clifford never returned. Instead of owning their stupidity, they just double down on it.

The whole argument that we "faked" injuries to "slow down" their momentum is beyond stupid. When most of our injuries occurred, we had all the momentum and were running all over Iowa. If anything it would have been our momentum we slowed down. Apparently we faked our injuries so well that we had our "fake injured" players spend the rest of the game on the sideline on crutches or in street clothes.

The whole argument that we "faked" injuries to "slow down" their momentum is beyond stupid. When most of our injuries occurred, we had all the momentum and were running all over Iowa. If anything it would have been our momentum we slowed down. Apparently we faked our injuries so well that we had our "fake injured" players spend the rest of the game on the sideline on crutches or in street clothes.
Iowa fans are so used to their partners faking orgasms that it has them reflexively thinking everything is fake

Again, they don't know the roster and made this stuff up. The announcers even talked about Brisker being in and out of the Wisconsin game due to that. Mustipher never returned. AK sat out 4 plays after he went down. Clifford never returned. Instead of owning their stupidity, they just double down on it.

Iowa fans know everything based on what I’ve witnessed here…

Keep in mind Ferentz even making while millions had no problems with his son living in section 8 housing taking advantage of a loophole. His players where getting priority on tax payer subsidized housing. Think about that a needy family was left out so a millionaire's son could live with friends. The guy is complete slime and has no integrity.

Iowa fans are so used to their partners faking orgasms that it has them reflexively thinking everything is fake
seinfeld-fake.gif

Reactions: NittanyChris
What I don’t like about Frankster? Uh, faking injuries to start which affects the momentum of the game! Dude is a clown, hasn’t changed since his days at Vandy.
and you know how? I know a parent of Vanderbilt player (friend of the family) had nothing but glowing things to say about coach Franklin (Note the use of Franklin) and his sons experience. Parent was sold on Franklin's emphasis on academics and concern for his child as a human.

It appears that you have some weird axe to grind.

HerkyFan - serious question, can you read? The link you posted says "OC Brian Frentz and former strength coach Brian Doyle remain the focal points of the lawsuit." It DOES NOT say KF was dismissed. It DOES say that "an investigation by an outside law firm later found the program's rules 'perpetuated racial and cultural biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity' and allowed coaches to demean players without consequence.

So yeah he IS still part of the lawsuit, which is why they want a deposition.

Probably all just a big misunderstanding though, nothing to see here...

Reactions: STPGopherfan
and you know how? I know a parent of Vanderbilt player (friend of the family) had nothing but glowing things to say about coach Franklin (Note the use of Franklin) and his sons experience. Parent was sold on Franklin's emphasis on academics and concern for his child as a human.

Warhawk likes to come up with cute nicknames I guess. Calls his wife Piglet.

Pretty simple. Penn State and Franklin are all class. Success With Honor. Always have been. iowa has always fallen well short. It is what it is.

It seems the feeling in Iowa is unless it's a leg injury, an injured player should never lay on the field. Watch a football game between any two random teams. There's a good chance you'll see a player who suffers an upper body injury lay on the ground afterward. But in Iowa it's always black and white and they know the difference. Except Ferentz and the Iowa coaching staff. For them white is white. And black should be white too.
Isn't that the basis for the Iowa players lawsuit.

Pretty simple. Penn State and Franklin are all class. Success With Honor. Always have been. iowa has always fallen well short. It is what it is.
Hayden Fry was a great coach and built up a very solid program. One to be respected overall. I won't bad mouth Ferentz. Perhaps he just tries too hard and is piss poor with the media?

Hayden Fry was a great coach and built up a very solid program. One to be respected overall. I won't bad mouth Ferentz. Perhaps he just tries too hard and is piss poor with the media?

fry was a good coach, not great. ferentz is on par on the field. fry was the better man. Neither could hold a candle to Joe, obviously. Franklin is carrying on the excellent on- and off-the-field traditions that Joe started and that schools like iowa would do well to adopt (but won’t).

fry was a good coach, not great. ferentz is on par on the field. fry was the better man. Neither could hold a candle to Joe, obviously. Franklin is carrying on the excellent on- and off-the-field traditions that Joe started and that schools like iowa would do well to adopt (but won’t).
I think what made Fry solid as a coach was that he was not only able to build back up the program, but he kept it there for quite some time. Before him, the Big Ten was the Big Two and little eight.

With that said, both Paterno and Fry were great in there own way. Both have enduring legacies.

The coach in question has integrity right on the level of the elder Ferentz. It probably was not the most appropriate reaction, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.
If it’s such a minor issue, why is your fan base and coach making it major? Why - after a win mind you - call out your opponent’s integrity, especially when your only evidence is that you’re prettty sure Sparty did it once? Pretty low bar for integrity you have out there on the plains if Coach F and Coach Flopsy are your two paragons.

First of all, 4 of the injuries involved players that did not come back. Secondly, it was well publicized that Iowa was experiencing an unusual heat-wave this past Saturday - how in the hell is it unusual for a player to sit down on the field if they're experiencing a calf or hamstring muscle cramp which are induced by heat????

Beyond that, it is beyond disgraceful that the b1g Conference has not issued a statement and reprimand to the Iowa Athletic Department for their disgraceful Unsportsmanlike behavior - and not just their fans, when you have an Iowa Assistant Coach flopping around on the ground mocking injured PSU Student-Athletes and then Ferentz makes a public statement defending the disgraceful actions??? That's so far beyond the f'ing pail it isn't even funny!!! I hope the PSU Athletic Department has made their feelings regarding this bullshit well known.

First of all, 4 of the injuries involved players that did not come back. Secondly, it was well publicized that Iowa was experiencing an unusual heat-wave this past Saturday - how in the hell is it unusual for a player to sit down on the field if they're experiencing a calf or hamstring muscle cramp which are induced by heat????

Beyond that, it is beyond disgraceful that the b1g Conference has not issued a statement and reprimand to the Iowa Athletic Department for their disgraceful Unsportsmanlike behavior - and not just their fans, when you have an Iowa Assistant Coach flopping around on the ground mocking injured PSU Student-Athletes and then Ferentz makes a public statement defending the disgraceful actions??? That's so far beyond the f'ing pail it isn't even funny!!! I hope the PSU Athletic Department has made their feelings regarding this bullshit well known.

The other thing I'm struck by is the massive hypocrisy of these assholes - they want all kinds of praise for their tradition of clapping their Children's Hospital, while at the same time they boo injured PSU Student-Athletes - 4 of whom could not return to the game due to the severity of their injuries! Let's not sit here and pretend that Arnold Ebiketie (who almost certainly was suffering from heat-cramps in one of his major leg muscles or a nagging prior injury - he left the game for multiple plays, so it's asinine to claim he was faking) was the first, or only, injured PSU Player booed!!! Complete and utter bullshit that the Conference has not issued a statement regarding the Iowa Coaching Staff's disgraceful and beyond UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR - and that goes for both the Assitant Coach's behavior as well as Ferentz issuing a PUBLIC STATEMENT in support of the Iowa fans' AND his Assistant's beyond disgraceful and embarrassing behavior.

Last edited:
The other thing I'm struck by is the massive hypocrisy of these assholes - they want all kinds of praise for their tradition of clapping their Children's Hospital, while at the same time they boo injured PSU Student-Athletes - 4 of whom could not return to the game due to the severity of their injuries! Let's not sit here and pretend that Arnold Ebiketie (who almost certainly was suffering from heat-cramps in one of his major leg muscles or a nagging prior injury - he left the game for multiple plays, so it's asinine to claim he was faking) was the first, or only, injured PSU Player booed!!! Complete and utter bullshit that the Conference has not issued a statement regarding the Iowa Coaching Staff's disgraceful and beyond UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR - and that goes for both the Assitant Coach's behavior as well as Ferentz issuing a PUBLIC STATEMENT in support of the Iowa fans' AND his Assistant's beyond disgraceful and embarrassing behavior.
Have I ever mentioned that I HATE this f**king conference?

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Keep in mind Ferentz even making while millions had no problems with his son living in section 8 housing taking advantage of a loophole. His players where getting priority on tax payer subsidized housing. Think about that a needy family was left out so a millionaire's son could live with friends. The guy is complete slime and has no integrity.
Can you expand on this and/or provide a link? I had not heard this story before.

https://nlihc.org/resource/hud-clarifies-definition-independent-student-section-8-eligibility

This is about the change in the law to address the loophole.

There is nothing to support your claim that players were given priority to receive the housing or that a needy family was left out. At the time it happened, the players were eligible to live in the housing.
Thanks for sharing that. I had honestly not heard that before. Even if within the rules, it seems quite shady for players to be doing this at Iowa or anywhere else.

Reactions: wentzel25
The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. To me being it looked like he needed a breather which explains being out the three plays. They sure didn’t do give him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off. We are ok with injuries just not minor tweaks especially after big plays or runs.
You are a typical clueless, classless Iowa fan who clearly doesn't know dick about football and definitely never played football.

• Haha
Thanks for sharing that. I had honestly not heard that before. Even if within the rules, it seems quite shady for players to be doing this at Iowa or anywhere else.
Clearly that kind of housing was not intended for student athletes on a stipend but the rules allowed for it at the time. It was correctly fixed to no longer be permitted. Football players lived in that housing when I was at Iowa many years before Brian Ferentz ever got there. I can see how he would want to live with his friends as cheaply as possible even though I also can see how that appears from the outside looking in.

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
If you watch the play before this, Ebiketie (#17) tweaks a knee and is limping. He is tenacious and unrelenting in chasing down plays, but on the play he goes down (right after tweaking his knee on the prior play), he's barely jogging toward the runner. He got hurt the play before, tried to play one more play, was still hurt and went down. As mentioned already, he was out for four plays after that and fortunately was able to come back in the game.

The response of the ST coach was one of the most unprofessional actions I have ever seen by a college coach. Pathetic. Embarrassing. Shameful. Doesn't deserve a job if he's willing to ridicule an injured college player like that, certainly not coaching and being responsible for them.

Those who have followed my posts know that i have been a BIG Kirk Ferentz fan. However, when he didn't immediately admonish his coach for rolling on the sidelines and then after having days to think over the situation, try to justify the whole mess.....well that speaks to character.....in this case a lack of. He didn't have to disagree with his fans.....he simply could have said that fans are fans and they react the way they react! He should have ended his comments with I hope they are all alright! You win the game.....move on.
This is especially difficult to understand, since he has to know that his team won due to PSU injuries. Now injuries are part of football, so there is nothing nefarious about that.....I just think it's asinine to draw attention to something that contributed to my team's good fortune.

• Haha
Those who have followed my posts know that i have been a BIG Kirk Ferentz fan. However, when he didn't immediately admonish his coach for rolling on the sidelines and then after having days to think over the situation, try to justify the whole mess.....well that speaks to character.....in this case a lack of. He didn't have to disagree with his fans.....he simply could have said that fans are fans and they react the way they react! He should have ended his comments with I hope they are all alright! You win the game.....move on.
This is especially difficult to understand, since he has to know that his team won due to PSU injuries. Now injuries are part of football, so there is nothing nefarious about that.....I just think it's asinine to draw attention to something that contributed to my team's good fortune.
Poor wording on my part. I was just trying to say that I personally wasn't going to bad mouth him (Ferentz). Well at this time anyway. I do think however that PSU fans have every right to though. He should have just verbally punted. He should know by now to act like you know how to win gracefully. Why distract over a big win over a top five program. Adding on, bad mouthing a conference peer is never a good look either.

Poor wording on my part. I was just trying to say that I personally wasn't going to bad mouth him (Ferentz). Well at this time anyway. I do think however that PSU fans have every right to though. He should have just verbally punted. He should know by now to act like you know how to win gracefully. Why distract over a big win over a top five program. Adding on, bad mouthing a conference peer is never a good look either.
Exactly! Stay above the fray! "We feel very fortunate to have come out with a victory." Coach Franklin has a fine team and if healthy, and I hope they all will be.....they are going to make waves this year. But we are done with this game and need to focus on getting better and fixing some of the things we didn't do well." blah blah blah...i just can't believe he was that stupd.....

Exactly! Stay above the fray! "We feel very fortunate to have come out with a victory." Coach Franklin has a fine team and if healthy, and I hope they all will be.....they are going to make waves this year. But we are done with this game and need to focus on getting better and fixing some of the things we didn't do well." blah blah blah...i just can't believe he was that stupd.....
Bodes well for Purdue.

Reactions: creamery freak
This keeps everyone talking about the supposed ‘faking of injuries’ rather than people focusing on PSU injuries being the reason Iowa won.

Penn St was well on the way to an easy win before Clifford was injured and out.

The Brisker situation definitely set the tone. It was the first time we had gained over 10 yards in the game, Brisker goes down for a couple minutes, then comes back after sitting out only one play. Without knowing the background on his shoulder issue, one can see how that seems suspicious. Even with knowing the background on the shoulder issue, one can debate whether you should lay down and stop the game or just signal to the sideline that you need to come out.

I don't believe there was a single PSU injury that was fake. In each instance, I believe the PSU player legitimately needed to come out of the game, even if only for 1-4 plays. I also believe that a couple times the PSU players stayed down longer than they really needed to, and you can argue the gamesmanship of that because there's no affirmative duty to get off the field as fast as you can. It makes sense that you might as well take your sweet time to stall any momentum the other team may have had, and I think it also makes sense that your opponent wouldn't appreciate that.
Bodes well for Purdue.
Purdue, my new favorite team (for this week anyway).

Reactions: A2Nit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT