ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is out for the remainder of the drive that seems fair.

He's our best defensive end. He sat out for 4 plays. And it was the 3rd play of the series. What if any of these support the suggestion that he was faking an injury?

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is out for the remainder of the drive that seems fair.
Do you really watch football, like ever? It (players going down and/or walking off after going down) occurs all the time. The Iowa coach dropping to the ground in histrionics was embarrassing.

He's our best defensive end. He sat out for 4 plays. And it was the 3rd play of the series. What if any of these support the suggestion that he was faking an injury?
The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. To me being it looked like he needed a breather which explains being out the three plays. They sure didn’t do give him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off. We are ok with injuries just not minor tweaks especially after big plays or runs.

The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. to me being out for 3 plays looked like he needed a breather. They sure didn’t do give Him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off.

Understood, doctor. You all are taking telehealth to a new level.

And you didn't answer my question. What possible motivation would Penn State have to make it's best defensive end fake an injury 3 plays into a series? And then have that player sit out for 4 plays before coming back in. Why would they do that?

why would PSU have one of its most important defensive ends fake an injury to stop the clock meaning he sits out the next play? Especially against a team that doesn’t run a hurry up?

Iowa fans booed when Mustipher went out in the first quarter. I guess Penn State kept him out the rest of the game just to show they were not faking injuries.

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
You’ve been arguing that in another thread. This topic is an Iowa coach flopping on the ground. What are your thoughts about that?

So, you come here and blatantly lie. Then you don't own your joke of a coach. You're damn lucky you're still here. Get some GD class. He did not immediately return. I won't caution you again. I've had enough of the assholes from your board showing up.
The coach in question has integrity right on the level of the elder Ferentz. It probably was not the most appropriate reaction, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.

Didn’t you DB injure himself walking back to the sideline? Nobody touched him. Nobody breathed on him. Why was he faking an injury. Did he want to go to the children’s hospital and have all the fans wave to him?

that coach has a lot more integrity than Franklin, probably not the most appropriate action, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.
More integrity than Franklin? Please expound.

The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. To me being it looked like he needed a breather which explains being out the three plays. They sure didn’t do give him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off. We are ok with injuries just not minor tweaks especially after big plays or runs.
At the time he is being booed, how do these classless fans know he’s not seriously injured, Do they give out crystal balls at Kinnick that allow fans to see the future and know that the injured player will get off the field under his own powers and be back in 2 plays?

It happens during games, not the number of times it occurred yesterday.
So PSU pulled starters for multiple plays (or the entire game) all in an attempt to slow down Iowa's plodding slow it down 120th ranked offense?
The corn ethanol in your Kool Aid is having an adverse reaction on you. I hope your coach who had an epileptic seizure on the sideline is doing OK.

that coach has a lot more integrity than Franklin, probably not the most appropriate action, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.
You're about as bright as Vodka and his lies. Don't you now want to bring up Bale, or Carl, or payments, steroids, or how Iowa sits at the right hand of God? Be gone. Fking idiot. I've had enough of these trolls.

Absolutely worse than the fans. This piece of human excrement is supposed to be a coach, a leader and a paid representative of the University. This man is pure, unadulterated, scum of the Earth.
Don't know the guy, but any coach doing that, should face immediate discipline. Saban would have taken him behind the woodshed. I cannot believe anyone thinks this kind of behavior is okay.

The coach in question has integrity right on the level of the elder Ferentz. It probably was not the most appropriate reaction, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.

Chris Doyle says hi.

Don't know the guy, but any coach doing that, should face immediate discipline. Saban would have taken him behind the woodshed. I cannot believe anyone thinks this kind of behavior is okay.

He should face discipline. But more because he's supposed to be a coach of a Power 5 team and he knows so little about the sport that he thinks a team would tell its best defensive players to fake an injury and miss plays to slow down, of all offenses, Iowa's. THAT is fireable!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
Oh, thank God you’re okay with it. That makes everyone feel better. I’m still not sure why PSU would use this tactic against you, but never used it before against, OSU, or Michigan, or Auburn, or USC, or Michigan State, or Washington….you know, teams that are better than you. It’s a mystery.

I think Brisker was the only player to go down and only miss one play. He did that about 3 times against Wisconsin. He seems to have a shoulder problem that can be fixed quickly but is painful. No way does our team want him to miss any plays.

Mustipher was on crutches. One safety I believe was clearly hurt and I don’t believe he returned.

That leaves number 17. Was he hurt or winded or taking a dive? It is pretty skeptical to believe that he took a dive and there is no evidence to support it. I guess he could have been winded or cramping or maybe he had taken a shot to his privates. Whatever, there is no indication of conspiracy or strategy.

I think Brisker was the only player to go down and only miss one play. He did that about 3 times against Wisconsin. He seems to have a shoulder problem that can be fixed quickly but is painful. No way does our team want him to miss any plays.

Mustipher was on crutches. One safety I believe was clearly hurt and I don’t believe he returned.

That leaves number 17. Was he hurt or winded or taking a dive? It is pretty skeptical to believe that he took a dive and there is no evidence to support it. I guess he could have been winded or cramping or maybe he had taken a shot to his privates. Whatever, there is no indication of conspiracy or strategy.
Even if he did it intentionally, one player doing it in the course of an entire game does not point to a planned strategy of doing it….I know, that’s too tough for dumb ass Iowa fans to figure out.

Point is a college coach should be more mature and professional

Interesting take that contact is needed for a player to take an injury. If applied to Riley Moss his ‘injury’ following his interception was all a fake for either showmanship or he was too tired to make it to the sidelines on his own.
strange logic.

ADVERTISEMENT