ADVERTISEMENT

'I knew enough to do more than I did'

It is how I wish Joe was treated. But these people are coming out and saying "yes, we absolutely knew about it". Yet, because they eloquently admit their shame, they not only get a pass, but they also get a pat on the back. Wtf?!? Am I saying they should be lynched? No. But the hypocrisy is stunning, don't you think?
It will certainly be stunning if the same people who lynched Joe give them a pass. What QT admitted to is wayyy worse than anything Joe said.
QT says, It wasn't 2d hand. I knew.

But these are women. Despite what John Kelly says, women are not sacred in our value system. Little boys are different, and even if QT had the exact same info about HW and boys, he would never say it.

Not to start a flame war or anything, just adding perspective but I think the difference between Joe's "wish I had done more" and the actors "wish I had done more" is that none of Weinsteins victims were children. All the article's I have read about Weinstein have been victims in their early 20's.

I don't agree with the actors, just giving perspective on perhaps the difference in circumstances and public outrage.

I believe Kate Beckinsale was 17 when abused by Weinstein. I’m sure she’s not the only one. And there seems to be scores of actors and actresses now claiming to have been assaulted as teenagers or even younger. The have been several allegations of Brian Singer abusing teen boys and a recent film called it an open secret in Hollywood.

But I guess Singer gets a pass because, unlike Sandusky, he is openly bisexual. And most people mistakenly think Sandusky’s victims were young children, (the 10 year old boy in the shower is a myth. The boy was almost 14 and strongly defended Sandusky even after his arrest, before turning on him due to $) when the only accusers who accused Sandusky of sexual acts (as a opposed to grooming acts they never say as sexual until investigators told them) were 15/16 at the time.

I believe Kate Beckinsale was 17 when abused by Weinstein. I’m sure she’s not the only one. And there seems to be scores of actors and actresses now claiming to have been assaulted as teenagers or even younger. The have been several allegations of Brian Singer abusing teen boys and a recent film called it an open secret in Hollywood.

But I guess Singer gets a pass because, unlike Sandusky, he is openly bisexual. And most people mistakenly think Sandusky’s victims were young children, (the 10 year old boy in the shower is a myth. The boy was almost 14 and strongly defended Sandusky even after his arrest, before turning on him due to $) when the only accusers who accused Sandusky of sexual acts (as a opposed to grooming acts they never say as sexual until investigators told them) were 15/16 at the time.
He gets a pass because nobody ever heard of him. No idea who in the hell he is

It will certainly be stunning if the same people who lynched Joe give them a pass. What QT admitted to is wayyy worse than anything Joe said.
QT says, It wasn't 2d hand. I knew.

But these are women. Despite what John Kelly says, women are not sacred in our value system. Little boys are different, and even if QT had the exact same info about HW and boys, he would never say it.
What?? Women are not sacred? I don't know where you are going with that because all lives matter--I mean that without any political or agenda driven BS.

The problem is that Hollywood has always treated women as a commodity. The casting couch is a cliche and a reality. Hollywood is full of "artistic" types who defend or turn a blind eye to their own because they are just different "creative" type people.

HW however is not just different. He is a serial sexual assaulter. He doesn't have a "problem" to be treated, but rather he is a criminal who should be treated as such and Hollywood should have recognized this long ago. Instead people were afraid of him or were his friends and both facilitated his assaults.

QT chose to ignore what happened to his girlfriend and continue a partnership with HW. He cannot get a pass. Any comparison to what Joe was alleged to have done is simply not applicable or even rational.

Reactions: 91Joe95

No. Weinstein never sexually assaulted Beckinsale. I think she found herself alone with him at some point and he suggested she go to his hotel room, but she bailed before anything could happen.

Now, carry on...

1507828133335.jpg

Ok, and more well known than Joe Paterno also? Come on.

It makes no sense to compare Singer to Joe Paterno. There were allegations against Singer. There were allegations against Sandusky. Joe Paterno forwarded a eyewitness report of Sandusky showering with a boy to the proper personnel. Said personnel made a decision to deal with it a certain way. Joe Paterno then followed up with the eyewitness, who had no objection to how the issue was handled. I am sure many Hollywood types even more famous than Joe Paterno know about Bryan Singers exploits and have done absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 91Joe95
It makes no sense to compare Singer to Joe Paterno. There were allegations against Singer. There were allegations against Sandusky. Joe Paterno forwarded a eyewitness report of Sandusky showering with a boy to the proper personnel. Said personnel made a decision to deal with it a certain way. Joe Paterno then followed up with the eyewitness, who had no objection to how the issue was handled. I am sure many Hollywood types even more famous than Joe Paterno know about Bryan Singers exploits and have done absolutely nothing.
Go ahead and name them. Sandusky was known AS JVPs assistant. The connection was immediate and was in the document that launched the frenzy.

So who is Singer's Joe? Who is his Peetz, Frazier, Joel Myers? What position has the governor of California taken on Singer?

You guys sound like you would be fine with this if the public blamed a whole bunch of people other than the perp. Why? I thought you believed blaming others was wrong. Would another bullshit witch hunt make what happened to JVP okay?

Reactions: Mixolydian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT