ADVERTISEMENT

Henri Legrane Live

Man, I just watched TG’s semi. That was about as egregious a video review as I’ve ever seen. Like so bad it’s a real stretch to call it just incompetence. Why didn’t McKnight strip down to his skivvies?

I’d love to share my thoughts on officials’ incompetences, but last time that brought the boogeyman out.

57kg is chock full in the US, and that’s a great problem to have. Now, let’s get 5 deep in women’s and Greco, too.

... The tournament is called the Henri Deglane ...
Has anyone mentioned that Henri Deglane was a pro wrestler who allegedly used the immortal fake-bite-mark trick to win his fake pro wrestling title? Maybe Gilman lost due to a similar trick! :)

“In May 1931, Deglane faced Ed "Strangler" Lewis for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship in Montreal in a two-out-of-three falls match. After two falls, Deglane had feigned being bitten by Lewis, when in reality he had been bitten in the locker room. This led to Deglane being awarded the title via disqualification and a dispute over who was actually acknowledged as champion over the next two years.[1][2]”— Wikipedia

how about the step out - did TG step out first?

His opponent stepped out first but not his entire foot so as I understand the rule that doesn't count. Then Gilman's foot went out so the pushout for his opponent was the right call. How they determined it was a TD is beyond me.

I also see a step out by Gilman but no takedown given up.

Thomas has had a few tough matches recently that did not go his way at the end of the second period. I hope those demons are past him as he gets closer to the real goals coming up.

From that match, one can see he has the fire in his belly as down 0-4 he still went after it and Thomas is in fantastic physical shape. Constant pressure. The Azerbaijan guy was absolutely dead by the end of the match.

I enjoy watching Gilman's matches for what he gives us NLWC fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT