ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ironbird is nice to meet.

I wrestled in junior high in the Harrisburg area then at the start of 9th grade I moved to NEPA and went out for wrestling. A friend convinced me to try skiing, so I told the coach, Shorty Hitchock, that I would not be at practice friday because I was going with the ski club. Coach said I could not ski and wrestle, so I said goodbye to my wrestling career. The team did not miss me one bit, they were State Champs my senior year with three individual champs, the Bonomo Brothers and Mike Leskowski at HWT.

When my son was in second grade he heard an announcement at the football game about elementary wrestling sign ups. He asked and his mom agreed, then he wrestled from then to senior year and his brother wrestled from k to 9th grade when he gave volleyball a try. He loved volleyball because the bus stopped three times for food traveling to and from away games. I helped, mostly with admin, for their elementary teams.

I went to PSU but never followed them in wrestling while I was there. I started following PSU wrestling once my kids wrestled and we went to a meet, as an after thought while on campus. This was just after they joined the BigTen. At my first meet the opposing coach ran out on the mat and had a team point deducted, they lost because of that deduction. So I started wih a PSU win.
The Bonomo Brothers are the guys who are real funny as the teach right? I think I have the right guys, they take a kids shirt and make it a mask and then he punches one brother and they start fighting etc.....
We're civil now on this thread!?
Only sometimes!!! I can't wait till IOWA wins again to see what will transpire here!??!?!? I might get run outa town!

The Bonomo Brothers are the guys who are real funny as the teach right? I think I have the right guys, they take a kids shirt and make it a mask and then he punches one brother and they start fighting etc.....

Only sometimes!!! I can't wait till IOWA wins again to see what will transpire here!??!?!? I might get run outa town!

Dude, you're going to be waiting a LONG TIME!!!!

giphy.gif

Damn that @IRONBIRD ! Got me thinking I “would” buy him that beer after all (or is it just delirium after cutting two lawns?).
His lucid reply about a very interesting background proves the unhinged alter ego is farce. For him and me both, I hope his Superman wins the trial, qualifies in Istanbul, and medals in Paris. Empty your clips if you must, but with so many Lion riches and more on the way, I’m fine with HWC getting an Olympian. Sorry, Iron, but it may be their only chance for several cycles ;) .

Yes, that is them. PA state champs and one of them is a three time NCAA champ from Bloomsburg. They are known for having very entertaining wrestling camps.

Damn that @IRONBIRD ! Got me thinking I “would” buy him that beer after all (or is it just delirium after cutting two lawns?).
His lucid reply about a very interesting background proves the unhinged alter ego is farce. For him and me both, I hope his Superman wins the trial, qualifies in Istanbul, and medals in Paris. Empty your clips if you must, but with so many Lion riches and more on the way, I’m fine with HWC getting an Olympian. Sorry, Iron, but it may be their only chance for several cycles ;) .
We have a few bullets in the chamber and honestly need a few more! We have a path in I believe 2 years IF everything goes right for us, and maybe a few things do not for you. The most disturbing part, is the ridiculous class you have coming in!!!

Problem for you is, there is no way they all can get on the mat!!! Problem for everyone else is, you most likely keep the best of the best!

The kid who recently decommitted for example "could" turn out better then what you have. Only time will tell as you keep the higher ranked kid, and the kids currently on the team already. I see much greater problems in the upper weights, will some be OK with riding the pine waiting???

Thinking in this day and age with the portal, at least a few will leave. Going to be interesting. NOT seeing ANY team though making the strides necessary to overtake you as of right now. It appears that IOWA, ohio st, Ok st, are trying to get things going, but still fall short.

I think IOWA can battle with you in the upper weights IF we can get BIG Ben on the mat, and also a BIGGER IF AJ ever wakes his ass up and gets his act together. Caliendo, Arnold, lil Ferrari, AJ and Ben would battle with anyone!!!

We have Ayala, Block, Deluca, down low also. Add a piece here or there and BAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!

Reactions: HikeNatParks
We have a few bullets in the chamber and honestly need a few more! We have a path in I believe 2 years IF everything goes right for us, and maybe a few things do not for you. The most disturbing part, is the ridiculous class you have coming in!!!

Problem for you is, there is no way they all can get on the mat!!! Problem for everyone else is, you most likely keep the best of the best!

The kid who recently decommitted for example "could" turn out better then what you have. Only time will tell as you keep the higher ranked kid, and the kids currently on the team already. I see much greater problems in the upper weights, will some be OK with riding the pine waiting???

Thinking in this day and age with the portal, at least a few will leave. Going to be interesting. NOT seeing ANY team though making the strides necessary to overtake you as of right now. It appears that IOWA, ohio st, Ok st, are trying to get things going, but still fall short.

I think IOWA can battle with you in the upper weights IF we can get BIG Ben on the mat, and also a BIGGER IF AJ ever wakes his ass up and gets his act together. Caliendo, Arnold, lil Ferrari, AJ and Ben would battle with anyone!!!

We have Ayala, Block, Deluca, down low also. Add a piece here or there and BAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!
I like PSU's chances as long as your plan is dependent on Ferrari(s) getting their act together.

The clip bullets I meant were those aimed at ME from Lion folk irked at my support for Spencer, but I hear ya. Ayala and Caliendo are studs, though Cali may be snakebit like the excellent Hidlays were. Arnold is legit, and Deluca and Block could be, too. You need to salvage Angelo from the car pound, as he’s likely the only one worth more than scrap. As he grows into his football body, I think Kueter could AA, even with just a half-year.
Yes, odds and competitive fire say we’ll lose a few solid kids who’ll AA after portaling. I say “good for them.” Whether that success is at Iowa is unknown. What IS known is that Michigan portaled 52 points into their KC total last month, a record haul they’ll try to break each year.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
From LI, NY, Got started in wrestling in middle school, been involved ever since. Competed through college, small D2 school. Four year starter, was nationally ranked as a SR. got hurt, wrestled in regionals but could not overcome the injury.

Masters in education, certified NYS teacher. Had to get out because our schools are going to hell. Have my own business. Also heavy into lifting and training, had my own gym which was run as in a "team training fashion." Had good results with kids in all different sports as well as setting several state and national drug free records.

Wrote several articles about wrestling and training on a now out of business sight. They were well received and highly rated. OBSESSED with wrestling, always looking at the "why" and to get better as a coach and trainer. Right now mostly working with my younger son and some of his teammates.
Nice little bit of history but missing one big part that makes up Sir Ironbird. What made you become a rabid Hawkeye fan?

Reactions: BoHunter0210
Nice little bit of history but missing one big part that makes up Sir Ironbird. What made you become a rabid Hawkeye fan?
OH, that is easy! Grew up in the GABLE years. One of the first things our JR High coach did was had us watch a film on Gable. Heard the stories, "met" him at a camp. Watched the DYNASTY years and what really brought the level of USA wrestling up. Not sure the number of coaches that have come out of IOWA, but it is a crazy number!!!

Root for the local teams, follow them a bit, but ever since Tom Ryan left Hofstra. Not much going on that makes you want to get on board.

Reactions: BoHunter0210
OH, that is easy! Grew up in the GABLE years. One of the first things our JR High coach did was had us watch a film on Gable. Heard the stories, "met" him at a camp. Watched the DYNASTY years and what really brought the level of USA wrestling up. Not sure the number of coaches that have come out of IOWA, but it is a crazy number!!!

Root for the local teams, follow them a bit, but ever since Tom Ryan left Hofstra. Not much going on that makes you want to get on board.
Look at YOU having civil conversation !!!!!!
Baby steps fella, baby steps.

Gained a whole new respect for this guy. Wish there were more passionate fans like iron out there. Being a teacher in and of itself brings a lot of respect from me that's a job I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the way kids are today. Lol

hey iron was that Bammmm the ref hitting the mat when our man pins your kid??LOL
NOOOOOO, it is you-alls heads exploding when IOWA does what they say can't be done!!!
Quiet down!!!
I'd say it's about time you jump from the dynasty bandwagon of your youth to a new and improved bandwagon. I'm sure people will be understanding.
How do I put that angry face here???
Gained a whole new respect for this guy. Wish there were more passionate fans like iron out there. Being a teacher in and of itself brings a lot of respect from me that's a job I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the way kids are today. Lol
TY, yes teaching now has become a SHEET show!!! It really is criminal what has happened. I tell people, just go up to your local school and ask if you can spend an hour or so observing? Guessing most schools will not let you and give you a BS reason, but you would be like WTF is going on here!!!

I will add, it is NOT the kids fault!!! Kids LEARN and behave in a way the can. In other words, if they can act like brats at home, curse at their parents, throw hissy fits etc.... Well they will bring that to the schools, and if they can get away with it there, well........

My wife is an elementary school teacher for over 20 years now. She is OUTSTANDING if I may say so. She whips kids into shape in a professional manner that few can do, but it is the parents sadly that give her the most problems!!! The school are FREE BABYSITTING for some. "Get the kids out my hair" so the parents don't have to deal with them.

Some towns it is a BIG thing to send kids to Summer camps even. School is over, you will see the BIG "body bag" type duffel bags out on the front stoop. Ship them off, good luck, there will be a nice sign on the lawn when you get back in August! This has always been crazy to me, ah could go on and on.....

NOW back to how IOWA can kick your asses next year : )

Reactions: AgSurfer
TY, yes teaching now has become a SHEET show!!! It really is criminal what has happened. I tell people, just go up to your local school and ask if you can spend an hour or so observing? Guessing most schools will not let you and give you a BS reason, but you would be like WTF is going on here!!!

I will add, it is NOT the kids fault!!! Kids LEARN and behave in a way the can. In other words, if they can act like brats at home, curse at their parents, throw hissy fits etc.... Well they will bring that to the schools, and if they can get away with it there, well........

My wife is an elementary school teacher for over 20 years now. She is OUTSTANDING if I may say so. She whips kids into shape in a professional manner that few can do, but it is the parents sadly that give her the most problems!!! The school are FREE BABYSITTING for some. "Get the kids out my hair" so the parents don't have to deal with them.

Some towns it is a BIG thing to send kids to Summer camps even. School is over, you will see the BIG "body bag" type duffel bags out on the front stoop. Ship them off, good luck, there will be a nice sign on the lawn when you get back in August! This has always been crazy to me, ah could go on and on.....

NOW back to how IOWA can kick your asses next year : )
Fixing the school system and iowa beating PSU next year. One of these could actually happen and you wrote 4 paragraphs about it.

My wife is an elementary school teacher for over 20 years now. She is OUTSTANDING if I may say so. She whips kids into shape in a professional manner that few can do, but it is the parents sadly that give her the most problems!!! The school are FREE BABYSITTING for some.
♥️♥️♥️ !!!!!!

{“Some towns it is a BIG thing to send kids to Summer camps even.”}

I used to go to a YMCA camp for a few weeks every summer and I thought it was a pretty good experience. One of our camp counselors was a guy named Kenny Duberstein. If you check your history, you’ll see that President Reagan had a Chief of Staff named Ken Duberstein, and yes, it was the same guy. He’s the one who talked Reagan into making his famous quote, “Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” True story.

I sent one of my daughters to a 4-week camp starting around age 11 or 12 every summer. This little girl had an extreme confidence issue and I was struggling to somehow change her confidence level. I remembered as a youngster that sailing in tidal water, alone, required a great deal of self-confidence so I set out to find a camp that focused on sailing. Well, I found this place in NC that had all the regular camp activities but specialized in nautical training of all kinds with their specialty being sailing. The place was amazing. People from all over the world sent their children there including royal families from all over Europe. She has girlfriends all over the world and has traveled to England and Spain and many cities in the US for reunions with her "cabin" mates. The only form of communication were hand written letters so no access to any electronic devices (nice ancilllary benefit to break the cell phone addiction). Two of the counselors (previous campers) her first year had made the Olympic sailing team.

It was a girls only camp that had a boys camp about 2.5 miles away, but since they had access to boats they could just sail or power down to see the boys if they had earned credentials for the boat. I didn't know this when I dropped her off the first year.

This camp changed her life. Best money I ever spent and knowing what I know I would have paid triple the amount, maybe more. Oh, she did work as a counselor one summer as well.

Last edited:
Yes, that is them. PA state champs and one of them is a three time NCAA champ from Bloomsburg. They are known for having very entertaining wrestling camps.
That would be Ricky. I went to Bloom with both Ricky and Rocky. Great guys and were good friends back then.

Many don't know this, but they didn't come to college until a year after graduating high-school. They really didn't want to wrestle that much.

That would be Ricky. I went to Bloom with both Ricky and Rocky. Great guys and were good friends back then.

Many don't know this, but they didn't come to college until a year after graduating high-school. They really didn't want to wrestle that much.
Ran into Rocky at a tournament when he had Rock Solid Wrestling Club. Guy was a class act. My daughter was wrestling one of his kids and after their match he talked to us. He was super impressed with her and gave her a ton of praise for how tough she was.

Reactions: hlstone and Hotshoe
Ricky was a legend at cutting weight in college.
That's when rubber rain gear and saunas were mandatory in cutting weight up at Bloomsburg.

I don't know how many of you know but when I wrestled my Coach was Billy Brabender I went to East and his twin coached Strong Vincent man those guys were hysterical running out on the mat both of them calling pins etc etc we got a good laugh but they were both good coaches big ten champs back in the day!I will never see anything like those 2 again in my lifetime!

Ironbird - serious question. How about telling us a little about yourself. We know you’re a rabid Hawk fan who likes to poke fun at PSU fans, but what else is there to know? Occupation? School? (If not Iowa). Wrestling experience? Just curious. No hidden agenda on my part.
I know the answer to these questions.

Go Golden Eagles! Go Owls!

Best post you've ever made.

The truth is out there. He is definitely playing a part, somewhat. He IS a big-time Iowa homer and his judgement does get extremely clouded. However, he is playing a part and the real Ironbird is not the annoying schtick used on here.

Best post you've ever made.

The truth is out there. He is definitely playing a part, somewhat. He IS a big-time Iowa homer and his judgement does get extremely clouded. However, he is playing a part and the real Ironbird is not the annoying schtick used on here.
No no, NO, not true, do NOT believe him, you ALL suck, IOWA is KING!!!!

ANYWAY, they reported that StarFish went up? Now IF this is correct, which I believe it is. This is a BAD look, because many called out ARNOLD saying he ducked after talking smack about Star. Then did't Start say some sheet about JB????

Looks like the HAWKS could land a BIG transfor!!!! Stay tuned!!!

No no, NO, not true, do NOT believe him, you ALL suck, IOWA is KING!!!!

ANYWAY, they reported that StarFish went up? Now IF this is correct, which I believe it is. This is a BAD look, because many called out ARNOLD saying he ducked after talking smack about Star. Then did't Start say some sheet about JB????

Looks like the HAWKS could land a BIG transfor!!!! Stay tuned!!!
LOL....... yes, Carter said he was going to end JB's career, and now, he is moving up in weight. JB quickly jumped on it and called Carter out.

Listen, Carter is a 4 time national champ, who could come back to go for a 5th if he chooses. I don't prefer his style of shooting his mouth off on social media. I'm not saying it makes him a bad guy, but, I prefer the dominant ones who let their wrestling do their talking. I'm not sure if he does it because he likes to get an edge, but, again, I'll take the style of 99% of our other stars over the last several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT