ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone been to the Army invite before?

RandyL

May 29, 2001
Buckhannon, WV
There is a chance I might be up that way that weekend.
What is liklihood I could get ticket at the door that morning?

There is a chance I might be up that way that weekend.
What is liklihood I could get ticket at the door that morning?
There was talk about needing a special pass to even be allowed on campus earlier. Was that ever figured out?

We bought tickets yesterday and only the bleacher seats were left. I think it will sell out

There was talk about needing a special pass to even be allowed on campus earlier. Was that ever figured out?
Never been to the Black Knight Invitational, but I was on the Army campus for the dual with Penn State several years ago. Definitely don't need a special pass, although I did need to stop at one of the offices on the way in to register, and then to a tent to have my car searched. (Navy, on the other hand, you do need to have a special pass to bring your car on-base...something to keep in mind if you guys wrestle in Annapolis next year)

Yes I have been.Should be tickets at the door looks like plenty of seats still available.You just need ID you drive thru a gate where they will stop you and ask why you are there and they do random vehicle checks.So if anyone travels with a firearm leave it at home and have the cooler of beer in the trunk

Last edited:
If anyone gets a chance you should stop at the visitor center and museum, it's definitely worth your time, also the tour is really cool. Takes about 2 1/2 hours to do both.
The chapel/cathedral is definitely worth visiting as well.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Yes I have been.Should be tickets at the door looks like plenty of seats still available.You just need ID you drive thru a gate where they will stop you and ask why you are there and they do random vehicle checks.So if anyone travels with a firearm leave it at home and have the cooler of beer in the truck

Cooler of beer in the truck or trunk? Or are you saying bring your own because you won't be purchasing any on base? I am confused...

Reactions: Ja1339
If anyone gets a chance you should stop at the visitor center and museum, it's definitely worth your time, also the tour is really cool. Takes about 2 1/2 hours to do both.
There will be no Saturday tours on November 16 due to an Army home football game.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Absolutely true. My understanding is that in past year they didn't even charge for admittance.
True. And this year didn't decide to charge until pretty late in the game. Tix are $10 (upper bleachers), $20 (middle chair backs), and $30 (lower chair backs), as I understand it.

Planning on attending the Army Invite this year. Anyone have details on tailgating? Thinking about setting up a few hours early and running out to the car between sessions, unless of course they have beer and food inside.

Planning on attending the Army Invite this year. Anyone have details on tailgating? Thinking about setting up a few hours early and running out to the car between sessions, unless of course they have beer and food inside.

I'd put the chances of them selling beer inside at 0%. Also, if they search your car upon entry they will almost certainly confiscate the beer. Also, I seriously doubt there will be "sessions". Start at 10 AM and wrestle straight thru to the finals.

I'd put the chances of them selling beer inside at 0%. Also, if they search your car upon entry they will almost certainly confiscate the beer. Also, I seriously doubt there will be "sessions". Start at 10 AM and wrestle straight thru to the finals.

wait - you’re telling me this isn’t the gate to the Sig Ep house?

Tailgating outside the academy isn't the brightest idea either. If gate security smells beer on anyone in the car, good luck.

I was under the impression that tailgating was fine at football games (maybe only football games?) Regardless - what are folks planning on doing for food then? The Army website doesn't have much detail on the arena and/or concessions.

I was under the impression that tailgating was fine at football games (maybe only football games?) Regardless - what are folks planning on doing for food then? The Army website doesn't have much detail on the arena and/or concessions.

I also couldn't find any concession info so planning on taking water, etc. in my coat pockets. This is the arena where they play their bball games so guessing they have concessions. Will they be open. I don't know, however, based on the fact that they have sold a lot of tickets already I;m betting they will be.

I also couldn't find any concession info so planning on taking water, etc. in my coat pockets. This is the arena where they play their bball games so guessing they have concessions. Will they be open. I don't know, however, based on the fact that they have sold a lot of tickets already I;m betting they will be.
They will have a consession stand with a few things.Cant remember what exactly but I do remember one

Most times at these all-day tournaments, you're allowed to leave and return too, it there's any sub shacks or the like close by. Different at Army, with the protocol for security … just saying it's possible. Never cared much for the food at the Keystone, so we'd get food from outside the venue.

Most times at these all-day tournaments, you're allowed to leave and return too, it there's any sub shacks or the like close by. Different at Army, with the protocol for security … just saying it's possible. Never cared much for the food at the Keystone, so we'd get food from outside the venue.
They do have a few things on "campus" that are available after you go through the security checkpoint. Last football game I was at there our parking lot they directed us to was for a campus Starbucks and Subway.

Reactions: RoarLions1
FIFY. They have to get rid of them somehow.
image.jpg

Is there a link to the wrestlers who will be there ( that's not begins a paywall)?

Assume Berge is not back in action yet, but anxious to see who will be there.

I just posted in the ticket thread, but i cannot make it Sunday so if anyone wants a free ticket let me know. It is a chairback seat.

Reactions: Used2BEerie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT