ADVERTISEMENT

Hack to get around 15 plays tonight

He never dissed CJF. He didn’t expressly mention him when he could have, but that’s not the same as criticizing CJF.
Well then explain the pre draft interviews with NFL teams where Hackenberg blamed Franklin for his troubles.

Well then explain the pre draft interviews with NFL teams where Hackenberg blamed Franklin for his troubles.
well, CJF did fire the OC after the last regular season game right? Wouldn't that mean CJF agreed with Hack?

well, CJF did fire the OC after the last regular season game right? Wouldn't that mean CJF agreed with Hack?
Not if one of the reasons for the rift between the OC and Franklin was over Hack.
I have no inside info on this but the way Hack praised Donovan makes me wonder.

Christian Hackenberg‘s last chance in the NFL may have passed.

The Eagles released Hackenberg this morning, Matt Lombardo of NJ.com reports.

That’s no surprise: When the Eagles signed Hackenberg, the expectation was that he would just be a camp arm and wouldn’t remain on the roster when the season started.

In Thursday night’s preseason finale, Hackenberg turned in an ugly performance, going just 7-for-16 for 69 yards, with no touchdowns, two interceptions and a lost fumble.

The Jets took Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft, but he never got on the field for them. He briefly spent time with the Raiders this offseason but they quickly cut him. He appears unlikely to get another chance in the NFL

How can someone say they don't hate Hackenberg when they cannot resist criticizing him at every opportunity?

DISASTROUS. :eek:

POINTEDLY. :eek:

Penn State's offense was dreadful for a few years. That wasn't all on Hackenberg.

I still have seen no direct evidence that there is animosity between Hackenberg and Franklin.

How about just saying, "It's unfortunate that Hackenberg didn't pan out, but he's still a Penn Stater, and I wish him the best in whatever he does"?

:eek:
where is the outrage?

That’s no surprise: When the Eagles signed Hackenberg, the expectation was that he would just be a camp arm and wouldn’t remain on the roster when the season started.

In Thursday night’s preseason finale, Hackenberg turned in an ugly performance, going just 7-for-16 for 69 yards, with no touchdowns, two interceptions and a lost fumble.

The Jets took Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft, but he never got on the field for them. He briefly spent time with the Raiders this offseason but they quickly cut him. He appears unlikely to get another chance in the NFL

Like Morelli years ago, Hack is officially in the Uncle Rico grouping now...

latest

LdN

That is too bad. I wish Hackenberg the best.

Folks - we'd all rather have seen Hackenberg starting for the Jets and succeeding beyond our dreams in the NFL - especially me a long suffering Jets fan. It didn't happen. Time to move on. He stayed when the PSU football program was hanging on by a very thin thread.

Like Morelli years ago, Hack is officially in the Uncle Rico grouping now...

latest

LdN
For as many faults his game had, Hack was still, and always will be at least two levels above Morelli. I have Morelli just above Lance Lonergan, and just behind Matt Senneca in the basement of all time PSU qb's.

For as many faults his game had, Hack was still, and always will be at least two levels above Morelli. I have Morelli just above Lance Lonergan, and just behind Matt Senneca in the basement of all time PSU qb's.
You forgot Rob Bolden, he is in my humble opinion, the worst of the worst when it comes to PSU qbs.

Could Penn State's offense have benefited from Hackenberg handling pressure better and being more accurate?
Could Penn State’s offense have benefitted from McSorley starting at QB? Most likely. I think even with all the weaknesses, Trace would have produced better.

Could Penn State’s offense have benefitted from McSorley starting at QB? Most likely. I think even with all the weaknesses, Trace would have produced better.

In hindsight, obviously. Hack couldn't hit a screen pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT