ADVERTISEMENT

Hack to get around 15 plays tonight

I feel you. I do a lot of business in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. The die hards are unbearable even after last season. They have a play-by-play excuse why they got robbed in the SB.
I am a passive Eagles fan and really don't give a crap, but I can not tell you how many meetings start out about: holding calls, pass interference, and offensive offsides, etc. I couldn't care less. Literally it is an hour of Patriots talk each time in 8 different companies (with the exception of the two Maine outfits. They are Pat's fans but hate people from Massachusetts.)

There is a reason the word "masshole" exists.

I just wish we could fast forward a year or two and show him, happy, healthy, and working a good job or running a successful business, starting his new life.

in Hack's entire time in the NFL (now in 3rd year as a 2nd rounder) how many snaps has he taken with any team? if i am not mistaken, i dont think he has ever had a snap in regular season. however, he also has not had much of a chance in pre-season with any team. I realize that practice is where you have to shine to get to play, but he has not had much of a chance.

in Hack's entire time in the NFL (now in 3rd year as a 2nd rounder) how many snaps has he taken with any team? if i am not mistaken, i dont think he has ever had a snap in regular season. however, he also has not had much of a chance in pre-season with any team. I realize that practice is where you have to shine to get to play, but he has not had much of a chance.
In the few pre-season games he's played in, he's been pretty bad.
According to Wiki:
"Hackenberg made his preseason debut on August 27, 2016 during the third preseason game against the New York Giants, where he completed 6 out of 16 passes for 105 yards with a touchdown and an interception.He also played in the preseason finale against the Philadelphia Eagles on September 1, 2016, where he was 11 for 31 with 54 passing yards and an interception returned for a touchdown.

Hack seeing some action tonight. One good throw, one dropped pass, one INT so far.

I’m not local market so I’m not seeing this game. 2 INTs in the first half. Were they his fault?

I’m not local market so I’m not seeing this game. 2 INTs in the first half. Were they his fault?
Don't know but he just lead a drive for a FG. You can see NFL red zone and get whip around coverages Elliott just hit a 54 yd FG

Both INT's were bad throws. He also had a couple drops. Not a great debut.

The first INT was not, the receiver cut off the route. The second INT was his fault, he overthrew the receiver. He’s had several overthrows, typical Hackenberg. On the positive side, he’s actually gained about 50 yards on 3 runs, he seems quicker running with the ball than I recall.

He did lead the birds to a field goal to tie the score, which is something none of the QB’s were able to do in last week’s game.

Reactions: sluggo72
He was unimpressive tonight. He seems a little slow in his decision making and not very accurate. He had some nice runs but that’s about it for the highlight reel. I don’t think he helped himself with his showing.

Hack was actually a decent to good runner when he actually made up his mind to run. At times it unfortunately seemed like he had been told not to run.

Both INT's were bad throws. He also had a couple drops. Not a great debut.

The first INt was not anywhere near his fault ...the second throw ranks up there with scum bucket Mcqueary's toss to concho brown in the citrus bowl... actually the pass to brown was worst.

He really needs to play. His only chance is to just play and play through it and see if he can get the hang of it. A year on the Eagles practice squad is not playing. I wonder if CFL would be an option -- it might be hard for him to get playing time on a CFL team though if he can't throw with any consistency.

I wasn't. I just wish the guy well. I don't understand the hate some people have for one of PSU's own

The shot he took on the way out is the source of many PSU fan’s ire. Personally, I am ambivalent regarding him.

The shot he took on the way out is the source of many PSU fan’s ire. Personally, I am ambivalent regarding him.
I know. But still don't understand it. It appears to me CJF doesn't have any Iill will, why should they

I love Hack for saving his recruiting class but gosh darn he has gotten worse every year since he was a freshman.

He might be better off going to the AFL or CFL to build his confidence before trying again in the NFL.
He might have to wait for the XFL

I love Hack for saving his recruiting class but gosh darn he has gotten worse every year since he was a freshman.

He might be better off going to the AFL or CFL to build his confidence before trying again in the NFL.
canada's where he should have been this year.

I know. But still don't understand it. It appears to me CJF doesn't have any Iill will, why should they

I think it has more to do with some fans’ belief that his failure to live up to his 5 Star billing was the fault of Franklin’s staff. Others saw a kid that was never really as good as his five star billing. I think for the most part the ire is between these two groups more than they are about Hackenberg personally.

Reactions: psualt
NFL QB's don't make rosters because they can carrry the ball. Love Hack, but he is gettting waived tmrw or Sat. He needs to play, CFL may be the best move for him.

Reactions: diggerpup
Last night was most certainly his swan song. Loved his heart and how he held his recruiting class together...but his play has always frustrated me.

Reactions: Kmase21
It’s simple. He’s got everything a qb neeeds except the brains.

Love what he did by being loyal to PSU but He isn’t a good qb. Period.

The first INT was not, the receiver cut off the route. The second INT was his fault, he overthrew the receiver. He’s had several overthrows, typical Hackenberg. On the positive side, he’s actually gained about 50 yards on 3 runs, he seems quicker running with the ball than I recall.

He was always a pretty good runner. Had more straight line speed than lateral quickness, but he could take off and gain yards. Just didn’t do it all that often

NFL QB's don't make rosters because they can carrry the ball. Love Hack, but he is gettting waived tmrw or Sat. He needs to play, CFL may be the best move for him.

I don’t follow the CFL, but do you think he could make a CFL team? Perhaps as a backup?

I think it has more to do with some fans’ belief that his failure to live up to his 5 Star billing was the fault of Franklin’s staff. Others saw a kid that was never really as good as his five star billing. I think for the most part the ire is between these two groups more than they are about Hackenberg personally.
What has always bugged me is a) Franklin fired his OC b) Hack never said anything bad about CJF that I am aware of and c) Other players were highly critical of PSU's offense.

PSU had a horrible OL when hack was under center. Everybody's favorite writer that broke down game film (now with the Pats) said that this was the worst OL in the Power 5, and perhaps ever in the Power 5. Bad OL, fired OC....not hard to wonder why Hack was frustrated. In the end, I am glad he came here as he was one of the sustaining forces during sanctions. But he made a mistake, he'd have been better off someplace else for his personal growth and aspirations. Having said that, he made several millions dollars. Not a bad way to start your post college career.

Not hate. But his dissing of Franklin sticks in my craw. BTW, what's a craw and why do I have one?
how did he "dis" CJF? the only thing I am aware of is that he forgot to thank CJF when he was leaving....he since said he just forgot and thanked him publicly.

What has always bugged me is a) Franklin fired his OC b) Hack never said anything bad about CJF that I am aware of and c) Other players were highly critical of PSU's offense.

PSU had a horrible OL when hack was under center. Everybody's favorite writer that broke down game film (now with the Pats) said that this was the worst OL in the Power 5, and perhaps ever in the Power 5. Bad OL, fired OC....not hard to wonder why Hack was frustrated. In the end, I am glad he came here as he was one of the sustaining forces during sanctions. But he made a mistake, he'd have been better off someplace else for his personal growth and aspirations. Having said that, he made several millions dollars. Not a bad way to start your post college career.
Agree 100%

Hack was in a tough spot- the coach who recruited him left, he had a porous line in front of him, and his skill set was all wrong for the offense CJF wanted to run. I don't think he had any choice in leaving early, he wasn't going to start in the new offense and losing his starting job would have dropped his draft stock even further. None of that was his fault, and instead of putting him down, we should appreciate what he did for us in keeping his class together.

ADVERTISEMENT