ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Minnesota

This drive is very disappointing. Signs of a poorly coached team
The garbage first quarter on offense in successive weeks is more of a sign. Manny is coaching a D with one legitimate DT, a LB corps that is one of the worst PSU has fielded in years, and no real legit pass rusher. The offense hasn't helped much this year.

D fell apart after giving up the 3rd down prayer. We are always good for a 3rd and long meltdown to lose all momentum.

Penn State had most of the momentum in the first half and played strong complimentary football after the first three offensive drives but Minnesota's 90-yard drive at the end of the second quarter makes this one closer than it feels heading into halftime 17-10.

Reactions: PSUfiji
The PSU offensive series before MN’s TD drive was frustrating. You don’t throw a low percentage deep ball on 2nd 10. You can do that on 1st and 10 or 2nd and 4, but on 2nd and 10 you need some yards for a manageable 3rd down.
Don't forget, gotta go for the "explosive play"

Reactions: NC2017 and bdgan
JF answers question about why offense seemed to come alive by saying it was adding some diversity. JFC, where to start.

Chop out really hurts...but with the 80 zillion hybrid pass rushers JF recruits...none of these guys can get home and dominate...not one. Unless we sell out and bring the house, then pressure comes.

Reactions: tlbakernc
For better or worse I’m looking forward to moving on from Clifford. I’ve completely given up on our OL. They are still not getting any push. Same thing we’ve been complaining about for 5/6 years.
I'm ready for a new era as well but he really hasn't been bad today at all

Chop out really hurts...but with the 80 zillion hybrid pass rushers JF recruits...none of these guys can get home and dominate...not one. Unless we sell out and bring the house, then pressure comes.
Yep no one gets home off the edge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT