ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin, PSU players accused of hazing

Can the Penn State football program just give a big fat middle finger to Center County, to the State of PA and then pack up and move to say Alabama where they would not be subjected to such treatment. For a program that brings so much $$$ into the State and to the local levels of State College & Centre County, it's mind numbing how it is treated.
One has to wonder how much longer the media will treat anything alleged that has a hint of negativity regarding Penn State will be presented in a context of guilty until proven innocent.

One can look at the Center County DA’s comments 2 ways:

1 - we normally don’t speak to this stuff, but considering what the allegation was and who it was against, we wanted to make it clear that it was looked into and we determined there is no credible reason to move forward.

Or...

2- we normally don’t speak to this stuff, but considering what the allegation was and who it was against, we wanted to make it clear that we have looked into it, but haven’t yet found enough to press charges. Please understand, this case is not closed and we’ll continue to search for anyone who might have additional information to help us make a case against the Penn State football team. If anyone out there knows anything, please come forward so we can make sure this I dealt with properly.

One has to wonder how much longer the media will treat anything alleged that has a hint of negativity regarding Penn State will be presented in a context of guilty until proven innocent.

Unfortunately, ever since Sandusky anything associated with penn State is click-bait. The media understands this, and the media is desperate for clicks & visits to their sites.

Look at the Sean Clifford "death threat" deal earlier this season. Sean Clifford announced that he received a "death threat" via twitter and that was announced on every freaking media outlet. It was on the bottom of the ESPN screen for a good 24 hour cycle....... Meanwhile, on Monday night the esteemed crew doing the Clemson - LSU game totally glossed over and made almost a whimsical report of Travis Etienne's entire family receiving death threats from their hometown in Louisiana. The sideline girl reported it with a huge smile on her face......... But did any of us hear anything prior to Monday night about Etienne's family receiving death threats in Louisiana???

At this point I don’t think one needs to wonder. Forever or close to it.

1 - we normally don’t speak to this stuff, but considering what the allegation was and who it was against, we wanted to make it clear that it was looked into and we determined there is no credible reason to move forward.

Or...

2- we normally don’t speak to this stuff, but considering what the allegation was and who it was against, we wanted to make it clear that we have looked into it, but haven’t yet found enough to press charges. Please understand, this case is not closed and we’ll continue to search for anyone who might have additional information to help us make a case against the Penn State football team. If anyone out there knows anything, please come forward so we can make sure this I dealt with properly.
I don't think those are mutually exclusive. I think if you are going to say anything, you have to include the "anyone with more information should come forward." Any closed investigation can be re-opened if there is more relevant information discovered.

Reactions: Madsol
I recall this dating back to when I was in school as well and I never understood it. Centre County would be nothing without PSU. Unless your family has lived there since before 1855, you really have no right to complain because you knew what you were moving into. But you should certainly appreciate the jobs and prosperity that the university brings to the region. If you don't like it, leave.
Precisely.... This is a freaking Pennsylvania problem that Residents all over the state freak out about any type of development or action, but without that development there would be nothing, no jobs, no relative prosperity, just the relative definition of peace by a relative few people that lived there forever who have no need to produce or create wealth for the area. And we’ve all been to school there and visit periodically since. Other than Gameday, there is no hustle and bustle in centre county outside of the campus itself and college ave. The rest of town itself is calm and the surrounding areas are very quiet.

Or...

I think it was a call out to any janitors with dementia.

Precisely.... This is a freaking Pennsylvania problem that Residents all over the state freak out about any type of development or action, but without that development there would be nothing, no jobs, no relative prosperity, just the relative definition of peace by a relative few people that lived there forever who have no need to produce or create wealth for the area. And we’ve all been to school there and visit periodically since. Other than Gameday, there is no hustle and bustle in centre county outside of the campus itself and college ave. The rest of town itself is calm and the surrounding areas are very quiet.
Everywhere (NIMBY) methinks. Like folks who move under a flightpath and then complain about airport noise.

Centre County does have some industry (partly because PSU is there)--in the scientific sector for one.

Everywhere (NIMBY) methinks. Like folks who move under a flightpath and then complain about airport noise.

Centre County does have some industry (partly because PSU is there)--in the scientific sector for one.
It does. But there is no way that exists without the University being there first.

Reactions: flash86
"
Jordan is acting as his own attorney."

Yeah, good luck with that.
This is all you need to know about the validity of this case.

The fact that no attorney will represent him in a case against PSU (who has been, to be kind, "fast and loose" with the checkbook) speaks VOLUMES.

When I was in school some kid and his dad represented themselves in a wrongful death lawsuit and won.
It's not that you cannot win (although it is very rare), but the fact that no attorney wants this case (based on how many attorneys seem to view PSU as a payment plan for their retirement home) makes me strongly suspect that there is no merit to the claims.

Reactions: odshowtime
It's not that you cannot win (although it is very rare), but the fact that no attorney wants this case (based on how many attorneys seem to view PSU as a payment plan for their retirement home) makes me strongly suspect that there is no merit to the claims.

There is the possibility that one of Marino's clients is also a defendant.

Called it a week ago in his thread

happy-smile-14ceV8wMLIGO6Q

Feel for the kid. Shame his career ended this way.

Can’t speak for the case but sad things didn’t work out. Whether that was PSU’s fault or should be deemed PSU’s problem is an entirely different matter. I tend to agree proceeding with this kind of case pro se means 1 of 2 likely things. 1. Weak case and no plaintiff’s attorney wanted to invest in it or 2. Such a stong case they didn’t want to share 1/3.

Feel for the kid. Shame his career ended this way.

Can’t speak for the case but sad things didn’t work out. Whether that was PSU’s fault or should be deemed PSU’s problem is an entirely different matter. I tend to agree proceeding with this kind of case pro se means 1 of 2 likely things. 1. Weak case and no plaintiff’s attorney wanted to invest in it or 2. Such a stong case they didn’t want to share 1/3.
If it's a strong case then you make sure to get an attorney so as not to eff it up. Find one who bills hourly rather than takes a percentage. Representing yourself is NEVER a good idea.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT