ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

Every time this happens Brooks ought to point to the center of the mat and hold up a stall call.
And the Hawkeye fans will surely cheer as they are all about supporting offensive wrestling. They love to point out that Gable demanded the refs call stalling on one of his own athletes - or is that just additional myth making?

Like Gabe’s vision quest, it’s naïve to think a former NCAA champ who only plays defense (when not tanning or kissing his mirror), combined with a crowd-intimidated ref, doesn’t have a chance for an upset in Iowa. Even so, I believe that chance goes south at both the Big10 and NCAA tourneys. Legal issues aside, like Arnold/Starocci, this is a bout we all want to see. That it took a woman too terrified by threats to testify, and head-on-crash metal crumpling inches short of a vehicular homicide charge to give AJ this precious second chance, are but two more of life’s cruel twists. I won’t apologize for wishing similarly dark twists of wrestling fate for a guy who would marry himself if he could.

Reactions: anon_d29z1jdixxwey
I expect AJ to be quite good this year and get there is excitement for him just returning.

But the guy he beat is 0-2 against D1 competition this year (the SDSU backups) including one by tech fall and also lost 16-0 to a JUCO wrestler.

Come on gang. AJ is a toxicly narcissistic doucebag, but he is probably the 'physically' strongest P4P wrestler out there, a national champion, and a talented force on the mat. I am not a fan of his style, but he looks the part already considering 2 years off and nearly a 30 lb cut.

I expect two things going forward:

1). By March he will be on par with Hidlay as Aaron's toughest test. Could he win 2 out of 10 bouts? If you are being honest, probably.

2). Will he fail miserably off the mat at some point in the next couple of years embarrassing the program? It's inevitable.

Come on gang. AJ is a toxicly narcissistic doucebag, but he is probably the 'physically' strongest P4P wrestler out there, a national champion, and a talented force on the mat. I am not a fan of his style, but he looks the part already considering 2 years off and nearly a 30 lb cut.

1). By March he will be on par with Hidlay as Aaron's toughest test. Could he win 2 out of 10 bouts? If you are being honest, probably.

2). Will he fail miserably off the mat at some point in the next couple of years embarrassing the program? It's inevitable.
At the risk of triggering Godwin’s law, Joseph Goebbels would love this type of unprovable, meaningless statement.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.“

There’s probably about 10 125lb guys in the rankings who are stronger PFP. Besides, Patrick Brucki looked like a colossus and noddle arms Nickal threw him around like a child

He’s a tough matchup, particularly if he’s allowed to wrestle his style. I’m on the record on taking the over on the amount of time he’ll be able to stay on the mat. I actually think Bo or Q would have matched up better than Aaron.

Reactions: hlstone
At the risk of triggering Godwin’s law, Joseph Goebbels would love this type of unprovable, meaningless statement.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.“

There’s probably about 10 125lb guys in the rankings who are stronger PFP. Besides, Patrick Brucki looked like a colossus and noddle arms Nickal threw him around like a child
Reminder:

Ok, point taken. He is the strongest 197 by a wide margin. As we all know strength is far from everything in wrestling, in fact it can be a detriment to some degree, nonetheless AJ already has a proven record both on and off the mat. Ultimately both records should play out pretty much as demonstrated previously. He will be top 4, and a repeat of the antics he has displayed consistently over a half decade off the mat.

Reactions: Biffkin and hlstone
Ok, point taken. He is the strongest 197 by a wide margin. As we all know strength is far from everything in wrestling, in fact it can be a detriment to some degree, nonetheless AJ already has a proven record both on and off the mat. Ultimately both records should play out pretty much as demonstrated previously. He will be top 4, and a repeat of the antics he has displayed consistently over a half decade off the mat.
Is he the strongest 197 by a wide margin?

Or is he the only college wrestler who self-promotes his strength, and does it ad nauseum?

I don't actually use self-posted videos as a testament to strength, because of although I'm not a doctor, I'm pretty sure he has Castleberry Syndrome.

We can see the constant attention seeking social media posing, of course we can't tell without a platological examination whether he also uses fake weights.

Would I underestimate him? No. He was NC as a true freshman. So was AB, and he's not an incredible douche.

We'll see what happens on the mat.

Last edited:
Retitle this thread.

The friggin dumbass, classless piece of crap, loses it in a meaningless match and might just have flushed his shot at being in black and gold down the toilet before he even wore the singlet for the first time. The brothers are 2 for 2 for antics against team mates; so much for team chemistry.

Maybe Brands will pull his head out of his ass, see the future, and pull the plug on this circus before some of the shit sticks to him professionally.

More likely "Ferrari in an Orange jump suit"

Retitle this thread.

The friggin dumbass, classless piece of crap, loses it in a meaningless match and might just have flushed his shot at being in black and gold down the toilet before he even wore the singlet for the first time. The brothers are 2 for 2 for antics against team mates; so much for team chemistry.

Maybe Brands will pull his head out of his ass and see the future.

The Brands are desperate.. This will change nothing!! LOL!!!

Retitle this thread.

Maybe Brands will pull his head out of his ass, see the future, and pull the plug on this circus before some of the shit sticks to him professionally.

Now this qualifies under the heading of “You can’t make this sh1t up!”

Retitle this thread.

Let's make this the "Ferrari Dumpster Fire GIF" thread.

I'll start:

dumpster-fire-o.gif

Ferrari is i bigger asshole than I could ever have imagined!! Throws a punch, a full haymaker not a little slap, then gives the double bird to the Iowa crowd as they booed him. He has to be gone and I would hope no other program will take him. we don't need that bullshit in college wrestling. oh, and his brother pushed a Iowa teammate when he lost! God, what a family of tools!

I guess you forgot #3 which is failing miserably on the mat, embarrassing the program. I’m not sure if he satisfied this one yet because he’s not officially on the team, but what the hell, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he embarrassed the Iowa wrestling program.

Like Gabe’s vision quest, it’s naïve to think a former NCAA champ who only plays defense (when not tanning or kissing his mirror), combined with a crowd-intimidated ref, doesn’t have a chance for an upset in Iowa. Even so, I believe that chance goes south at both the Big10 and NCAA tourneys. Legal issues aside, like Arnold/Starocci, this is a bout we all want to see. That it took a woman too terrified by threats to testify, and head-on-crash metal crumpling inches short of a vehicular homicide charge to give AJ this precious second chance, are but two more of life’s cruel twists. I won’t apologize for wishing similarly dark twists of wrestling fate for a guy who would marry himself if he could.
If he takes after his uncle, he shouldn’t have any issue consummating it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT