ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN playoff predictor

It's just an opinion. Just like yours. No need for an "actually". Nobody upset the apple cart.
Have people or have people not said Georgia wouldn't be in and that I'm "wrong"?
This isn't just me believing I'm right and the other side is wrong. It goes both ways hence actually. No hard feelings about it but being honest.

Have people or have people not said Georgia wouldn't be in and that I'm "wrong"?
This isn't just me believing I'm right and the other side is wrong. It goes both ways hence actually. No hard feelings about it but being honest.

Of course. That's how differing opinions work. We all have legitimate points. The SEC has been highly favorable by the committee, yet the committee has never left out a P5 13-0 team.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Of course. That's how differing opinions work. We all have legitimate points. The SEC has been highly favorable by the committee, yet the committee has never left out a P5 13-0 team.
Right so when this is said...

You forgot “under the right circumstances”.

Because you think so highly of your own opinion. Multiple scenarios have been presented that would leave UGA out. Doesn’t mean they would be guaranteed not to make it at 12-1 (with a CCG loss).
Let's be honest and accept we all think "so highly of our own opinions" and many have "guaranteed" they'd be out in those scenarios.

Actually people have said repeatedly they wouldn't be in but they would be.
People are listing specific scenarios UGA wouldn’t be in because you insist there aren’t any.

There are multiple scenarios they still would be in with a loss in the CCG. Again, it is too early to make a definitive statement.

Yeah, you are right as I think about how the dominos would fall. Going into that conf championship weekend you could have...

#1 UGA undefeated
#2 Mich undefeated
#3 USC, Oregon or Washington one of them undefeated
#4 FSU undefeated
#5 Bama 1 loss
#6 Okie undefeated could be #5 but does not matter

When Bama beats UGA they jump to #2 or #3, Pac12 undefeated team is #2 or stays #3 after winning their CG. UGA goes to #4. Mich #1 after boat racing some lame B10 West opponent. FSU left out in the cold no matter what they do in the ACC CG. As is Okie even if they win the B12 CG.

PSU could be up there with one loss but we get jumped by Bama and are left out.

An undefeated OU would be number 5. Bama wining would bump them up one if everyone other than Georgia wins, and two if one of 2-5 loses. Bama beating Georgia is not leapfrogging the Tide up to number two or three unless there are multiple losses.

And with one loss and no conference title, Georgia would most likely be out.

People are listing specific scenarios UGA wouldn’t be in because you insist there aren’t any.

There are multiple scenarios they still would be in with a loss in the CCG. Again, it is too early to make a definitive statement.
12-1, two-time defending national champ from the SEC isn't being left out. It won't happen.
They're saying if that happens they're out--they're every bit as insistent.

An undefeated OU would be number 5. Bama wining would bump them up one if everyone other than Georgia wins, and two if one of 2-5 loses. Bama beating Georgia is not leapfrogging the Tide up to number two or three unless there are multiple losses.

And with one loss and no conference title, Georgia would most likely be out.
Georgia isn't falling 4 spots. No one would let alone Georgia. Yet you think that's "most likely" come on
Think about it more--you believe a 12-0 Georgia losing to an 11-1 Bama after winning back to back titles is going to fall 4 spots. FOUR spots. For losing to Bama. FOUR.

Georgia isn't falling 4 spots. No one would let alone Georgia. Yet you think that's "most likely" come on
Think about it more--you believe a 12-0 Georgia losing to an 11-1 Bama after winning back to back titles is going to fall 4 spots. FOUR spots. For losing to Bama. FOUR.

The back to back titles don't count for what is happening THIS SEASON.

Four spots because A) Georgia at that point will not have any top wins, B) Georgia will be the lone team that isn't a conference champion, & C) all the other teams would be P5 conference champions with better wins than Georgia.

The back to back titles don't count for what is happening THIS SEASON.

Four spots because A) Georgia at that point will not have any top wins, B) Georgia will be the lone team that isn't a conference champion, & C) all the other teams would be P5 conference champions with better wins than Georgia.
Yes, it absolutely does. It's a huge factor.
Even looking at all those things--they're not falling 4 spots. No one would. NO ONE.
I don't know why this board believes the past isn't a factor. It's a huge factor. Should it be is a different discussion. Past playoff results are why the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, it absolutely does. It's a huge factor.
Even looking at all those things--they're not falling 4 spots. No one would. NO ONE.
I don't know why this board believes the past isn't a factor. It's a huge factor. Should it be is a different discussion. Past playoff results are why the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt.

"Benefit of the doubt" means an SEC non champ 12-1 team gets in before other 12-1 non champion teams.

It does not mean they jump other teams with better SOS, better victories, a better record, and a conference championship. Which is what you think it means.

I can see you are one of those posters who thinks getting in the last post in a thread means you "won". So congrats for "winning" with your nonsense argument.

Last edited:
"Benefit of the doubt" means an SEC non champ 12-1 team gets in before other 12-1 non champion teams.

It does not mean they jump other teams with better SOS, better victories, a better record, and a conference championship. Which is what you think it means.
No, it's means a 12-1 Georgia gets in over an ACC or Big XII champ regardless.
Again, you let me know when a 12-1 SEC team is excluded--it will NEVER happen let alone a two-time defending champ.
The fact you believe FSU, UNC or OU would be ahead of them is comical to me. You realize FSU and OU with big wins aren't even close to them right now, right? See the vote totals
Hopefully we go 13-0 and find out.

My biggest nightmare playoff teams are:

UGA
Bama
USC
Mich or OSU

This could happen and not a lot reaching to get there.

No conference will get two teams this year without the improbable happening. The Pac-12 is the only conference whose champion is a lock given how much stronger they are than every other conference.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Not really because the playoff is expanding. They'll say their job is to put in the best four teams.
I could be wrong but I can't create any scenario that leaves out a one loss Georgia.
They'd be ahead of anyone in the ACC or Big XII that's undefeated.

1. Undefeated Big Ten
2. Undefeated Pac XII
3. Alabama
4. Georgia
5. Undefeated Big XII
6. Undefeated ACC
7. 1 loss Big Ten
Georgia isn't one of the top four teams of the country by any measure. They play the weakest schedule of any top ten team.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando

Stop ****ing assuming they’re number 1 in the cfp poll going into the seccg.

Going on record that UGA is going to be number one in the cfp until they lose?
Going on record that if they're 12-0 regardless of who else is 12-0 they're 1...teams can bounce around before

You going on record saying they won't be?

Going on record that if they're 12-0 regardless of who else is 12-0 they're 1...teams can bounce around before

You going on record saying they won't be?

Depends who else is 12-0. I’m not the one prognosticating about them dropping from 1 to 5.

Why wouldn’t they be #1 from the start assuming they’re undefeated and everything else you say about them is true?

Depends who else is 12-0. I’m not the one prognosticating about them dropping from 1 to 5.

Why wouldn’t they be #1 from the start assuming they’re undefeated and everything else you say about them is true?
Because someone could jump them for a week before it self corrects as we've seen before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT