ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

As a Washington fan, really looking forward to seeing the defense this season. They will surprise a lot of people. But, the offense could be a disaster. Reminds me a bit of the 2004 PSU squad. Just hoping to avoid a 6-4 result at some point.

Reactions: LionJim
I just don’t have the enthusiasm for football this year. Mostly COVID-19 related. I hope things change
Between Covid and the fact that no one is going to beat K.C., it does take some of the excitement out of it.

Reactions: sluggo72
I have not been excited about the prospects for this season for months, but in typical Birds Fashion they look like gang busters on their opening drive and pull me right back in. FML

10-0. My mood watching us (yes, I said “us”) beat the fighting Danny Snyders:

giphy.gif

Wentz seems too willing to take a sack - sometimes it's just not there.

They just showed an interesting stat during this game. Washington’s all-time record coming into today’s game is 603-603-28. The last time they had a losing record all-time was 1975.

dan snyder’s got this.

Wentz seems too willing to take a sack - sometimes it's just not there.

perhaps. I think he deserves a bit of a pass on that type of judgement at this point, as it's the 1st game of the season, he's playing with 2 OL that were not expected to start the season and 1 (Peters that's playing LT) that was expected to play RG due to his declining skill-set, plus the #1 RB (Sanders) is out with an injury, and DJack was out part of the game and the rest of the WR corp are either rookies or relative newbies. In short, he's working without a lot of his expected starters, and with no preseason games due to COVID, the O is a work in progress.

That was brutal. WFT with life. 17-7

Yeah, Wentz threw it on inside shoulder, when it needed to be to the outside shoulder. Plus Reager, the rookie WR, didn't show a lot of fight for the ball. Frustrating that Washington was able to score off the turnover

Wentz with another INT early in the 2nd half. Seemed to a combo of a good play by the DB, Wentz throwing just a tad late, and a rookie WR as the target (John Hightower). smh

Birds go for it on 4th down (after earlier missing a FG), and Wentz gets sacked on a blitz up the middle. Looked to be either the RB's mistake (though he went out in the flat), or a problem with assignments by the line, as the LT had nobody to block.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT