ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!! Birds - Seahawks NFL Playoff Game Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
The Birds look to continue overcoming a slew of injuries, and try to win an opening weekend playoff game.

Here's hoping that Fly Eagles Fly gets played quite often today.

It's cold, and somewhat windy, in Philadelphia, for today's game.

Great that during the introductions of the hawkhead offense players the one from oh-high-ya added a "the" as an extra word which must have cut into the allotted time snippet so the "University" got cut off....

Or maybe with the great education he got in college he really believes he went to The oh-high-ya state, and not the actual university.....

Last edited:
Sanders having a tough time getting going today. Not sure if the Seahawks are keying on him, or if the injuries on the OL are to blame for his slow start.

damn, looked like the Birds would get a sack, and Wilson completes a pass for a 1st down

DE Brandon Graham down for the Birds. That would be a big loss if he's out for the game

Seahawks make a 49-yard FG to take a 0-3 lead

Wentz in concussion protocol. smh

I don’t think Clowney meant to concuss him, but that should have been a call.

then a clear miss offsides on Philly.

Reactions: aquapong
So Clowney deliberately attempts to injure Carson Wentz, succeeds in inflicting a concussion on a helmet to helmet hit and gets no flag. What incentive do the Eagles have to not try to injure Russell Wilson? The NFL still doesn’t take concussions seriously. If they did they would put the college rule in place. It’s much more effective.

I am a Bills fan and the Bills blew it yesterday, but I do need to comment that NFL officiating has been putrid this year. In yesterday’s game, they called a crack back block on Cody Ford that was not even close to a crack back block. No chance to review and over turn that and it impacted the Bills drive in OT in which they may have had a shot a the game winning FG in OT. They need to do something about bad/non-calls especially in playoff games.

I am a Bills fan and the Bills blew it yesterday, but I do need to comment that NFL officiating has been putrid this year.

I was surprised at the amount of crooked walks and awarding of first downs to the Pats yesterday if anything was remotely in the general neighborhood of the sticks. Yet they'll look at an obvious catch for nine minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT