ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! (Birds - Giants game thread)

Buck and Aikman have gone on and on with great things to say about Barkley and Matt Millen.

I hate us.

Giants and Birds miss FG attempts in the last 1:30 of play, so the half ends, 24-6, Birds

Smallwood fumbles for the Birds. Seemed to have collected the ball before the scrum landed on top of him, and somehow lost the ball in the scrum.

Giants stink and make dumb mistakes but the refs have been absolutely atrocious last several weeks. There was a bad hold on OBJ in EZ and no call.

Giants stink and make dumb mistakes but the refs have been absolutely atrocious last several weeks. There was a bad hold on OBJ in EZ and no call.
Obviously the Eagles outplayed them, but that was about as one sided officiating as I’ve seen.

Very nice win by the Eagles. It will be interesting to see how the Birds do with Wentz healthy down the stretch.

Two other closing thoughts

1) Odell Beckum seems to be a “team cancer”. Mouthy, pouty and grossly overpaid.

2) I don’t see how Saquon exits this season healthy with the Giants OL “as is”.

Eli you stink.. poor Barkley on an offense with a over hill qb and morst OL in the league.
Holy shiat is that Giant offensive line bad. May be the worst pro offensive line I've ever seen. No 70 (Greco) and No. 73 (Omamweh?) are particularly awful.

What Barkley is doing running (and catching) behind that piss poor offensive line is really impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Nice to see #26 do well in primetime against his hometown team. 130 Rush yards, 99 receiving yards. 38.9 fantasy points and one receiving yard away from closer to 45 points. Good for him (and me).

No Giant in history ever had 100 or more yds rushing & 100 or more yds receiving in the same game.

Missed it by THAT much.

THREE plays of 45+ yds from the LOS last night.

Mr. Wonderful!

Reactions: odshowtime
no surprise. he's carrying this team, despite playing with a terrible OL, and a QB that seems to be on the downside his career. Sucks for him that the Giants look as though they are going to have to go through a major rebuilding.

The Giants are a complete mess. No OL, Eli stinks I think he's something like 4-17 in his last games.
I would have cut OBJ at the end of the game. The guy is a cancer.
Barkley is Barkley AMAZING.

The Giants are a complete mess. No OL, Eli stinks I think he's something like 4-17 in his last games.
I would have cut OBJ at the end of the game. The guy is a cancer.
Barkley is Barkley AMAZING.

OBJ... they kept him around too long.

Eli, well he is the franchise.

Coaching seemed to be the issue. Why does manning have 43 attempts and barkley only 13?

Only thought is they dont want to overuse barkley because they know this isnt the year.

Ldn

Reactions: BBrown
OBJ... they kept him around too long.

Eli, well he is the franchise.

Coaching seemed to be the issue. Why does manning have 43 attempts and barkley only 13?

Only thought is they dont want to overuse barkley because they know this isnt the year.

Ldn

Eli is completely toast. Arm strength is lacking at this point, and he looks extremely flustered out there. McAdoo was a bit of a dope, but he was dead on benching him last year. Good news for them is they will have a top 5 pick this year, but the QB class isn’t extremely strong. Last I checked the kid from WVU is rated as the best QB prospect for 2019 and he is by no means a can’t miss guy.

They probably threw so much last night because they were behind by double digits after a quarter and had to play catch-up.

Barkley is on pace now for more than 1,100 yards rushing and nearly 1,000 receiving yards. Would be an outstanding rookie year. The Giants are already done however so I do agree that he may not get the amount of touches the rest of the way due to already being out of the playoff race.

Eli is completely toast. Arm strength is lacking at this point, and he looks extremely flustered out there. McAdoo was a bit of a dope, but he was dead on benching him last year. Good news for them is they will have a top 5 pick this year, but the QB class isn’t extremely strong. Last I checked the kid from WVU is rated as the best QB prospect for 2019 and he is by no means a can’t miss guy.

They probably threw so much last night because they were behind by double digits after a quarter and had to play catch-up.

Barkley is on pace now for more than 1,100 yards rushing and nearly 1,000 receiving yards. Would be an outstanding rookie year. The Giants are already done however so I do agree that he may not get the amount of touches the rest of the way due to already being out of the playoff race.

Herbert from Oregon will be the #1 QB in the draft class, and i think he is better than all the kids in last years class as a pro prospect

Herbert from Oregon will be the #1 QB in the draft class, and i think he is better than all the kids in last years class as a pro prospect
I stand corrected. Looks like Lock from Missouri is tops in some projections as well, and one mock I just pulled up has him going in the middle of the 1st.

2019 will be an extraordinary year for DL with Bosa, Oliver and Gary, all of whom can be top tier NFL players. If the Giants are in the top 3 it will be very hard to pass on one of those guys, but they desperately need a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT