ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else feel bad for Iowa? This was going to be their year, right?

As they well know, and it may be specifically true this time, there is always #NextYear

Reactions: danoftw
And for their wrestlers,absolutely yes

Feel just as bad for our wrestlers, so on a "relative basis", no - I don't feel any "special sadness" for Iowa cornholers (especially after the way they've treated PSU post-2011).

Last edited:
Seriously? I do.

I feel bad for all of them. Our basketball team that nearly never makes a tournament.

I feel badly for Cornell Hockey, sporting #1 teams in women’s and men’s.

I mean I understand the direction you were going, but all of them work hard for 15 years and suddenly thru no fault of their own....BLAM. OVER.

Just kidding! ; )
I feel bad for all the athletes. Not the fans bases. If some of the fan bases would have said Penn State got screwed by the NCAA on the Jerry situation. But None did. Some like Iowa, used it as a club to try to bring PSU down. So I feel bad for the athletes of all the schools, including the ones that lost their bowl games from PSU due to sanctions

Reactions: Wilco43
I do feel bad for the Iowa wrestlers, their families, the coaching staff, and their fans.(except for about 10 folks on tHR.) TNT get some grief on this site, mostly in good fun, but they are great coaches, and good for our sport. Those dudes were in front of the HR firing squad not long ago, and this was their chance to prove all of the naysayers wrong. They still got the job done though, IMO. Kudos to them. Still hope they never win another NC. Haha.

We better start donating. Cael must have emptied the slush fund to spread a pandemic in a last ditch effort to prevent Iowa from winning.

In all seriousness, what a horrible outcome. I cannot even fathom how the athletes must feel. I’m heartbroken for every kid. I also understand the extreme caution...if 1 athlete or person got sick it wouldn’t be worth the risk.

I feel for all the athletes in all the sports. As I said yesterday, my niece just had her entire season of crew taken away- not just the post season. These kids work so hard, to have it end like this is devastating.

Actually I feel very bad for all the wrestlers, especially the seniors. I would be pissed if I was a Hawkeye fan, I do really like Spencer and wish he would have had a chance to be 4X

I feel for athletes denied the opportunity to compete, and for fans denied the opportunity to watch.

I also think we should be above trolling other teams' fans with a deadly worldwide epidemic. Thankfully, the responses here are better than that.

I feel for all the athletes in D1 D2 D3. Lots of hard work and dedication to end their seasons without the opportunity to compete for a title.

Reactions: slushhead
I’d rather talk about things I feel good about. For example, it’ll be fun watching Gibbons and Johnson announce through gritted teeth next fall, “Cael Sanderson’s returning national champion 2020-2021 Penn State Nittany Lions....”

Last edited:
I feel badly for the athletes who sweated, sacrificed and busted their tails only to be deprived of a chance to reach their ultimate goals.

I do NOT, even a little, feel sorry for the obnoxious HR fans who disrespect our coach, accuse him of cheating, put forth wild conspiracy theories and make ludicrous claims of Zain "stalling on top" and on and on. Not even a little.

I feel terrible for ALL wrestlers that would have competed in Minnesota. The commitment that these athletes make to the sport is truly amazing. To not be allowed to showcase their skills on the ultimate stage has to be very disheartening.
I feel remorse for the parents/family that have committed infinite amount of hours and money for their child to perform at this level.
I also feel bad for the fans that were planning on making the trip to Minnesota. A lot of those fans have a true passion for the sport. To be deprived of watching the pinnacle of college wrestling has to be very disappointing.

Last edited:
Well, as an Iowa alum/fan I really don’t think much about a team championship. This whole deal just flat out sucks for all of the athletes. Yes, it’s easy to think about the Lee-Pletcher, Joseph-Marinelli, and Kem-Hall potential match ups in the finals. Spencer Lee maybe not having an opportunity to be a four timer. All of it just doesn’t seem fair. Heck, I think about a lot of guys that weren’t highly recruited (maybe not at all) out of HS, but they went to a DI school to wrestle anyway. No scholarship, grind it out and through a lot of blood, sweat and tears get that shot on varsity junior and/or senior year. Next goal is to be a qualifier, they achieve that and now they miss out on that shot to wrestle in front of thousands of fans on the big stage. Can’t confirm but I’m sure there are a few seniors that fall into that “Rudy category”, and I feel for them

Simply put, this deal sucks for all of the DI athletes. The best three week stretch of college sports gone just like that. Ugh.

I feel horrible for the Iowa wrestlers as anyone who puts their heart and soul into this sport deserves better than this. But I will never feel sorry for their fans for anything that happens.

@minnhawkeye is the man. Seems like an Old school dude and I love the Angry Herky avatar

Thanks Chickenman greatly appreciated.\
I feel for all the fans,wrestlers, everyone involved in this the worlds greatest sport..It truely is a shame but guess this virus is very serious and look how it is stopping everything. Hope it doesn't get so we all have to just stay in our homes for 2 weeks or what ever..

Just want all you Penn State fans to know when Joe Pa. had to retire it hurt me personally very much..He was one of the greatest football coaches of all time. He made Penn State football what it was just like now coach Cael is making all of you proud of wrestling. If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best and just know we all love this greatest sport of all time.

I'll root hard against Iowa in most matches but I do feel bad for their wrestlers and fans. I know it's hard to see it this way as a Penn State fan, but you have to know that had Iowa won this year it would've been good for the sport, especially the season following this one.

Reactions: slushhead
Feel just as bad for our wrestlers, so on a "relative basis", no - I don't feel any "special sadness" for Iowa cornholers (especially after the way they've treated PSU post-2011).

But how old were the current crop of Iowa wrestlers in 2011?

Just want all you Penn State fans to know when Joe Pa. had to retire it hurt me personally very much..He was one of the greatest football coaches of all time. He made Penn State football what it was just like now coach Cael is making all of you proud of wrestling. If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best and just know we all love this greatest sport of all time.
I have to say I loved joe pa but you seem pretty old (no offense) so you may remember the one time I was cursing Joe Pa to no end and that was the 1979 sugar bowl and I remember when they lined up for 4th down and said to myself don’t run that up the middle again and that was the play

I know this is a wrestling board, but our basketball team had their best season in ages and was poised to finally make the tournament. I feel for those guys, and the coaching staff.

I honestly feel like we was robbed. DeSanto, Murin, Young, Assad and Warner were all going to flame out while Lugo was going to be 4th at best. RBY, Lee, Cenzo, Hall and Brooks win titles while Verk and Shak would have been the bracket busters of the tournament.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT