ADVERTISEMENT

Did Moorhead keep the offense vanilla vs. PITT?

That's not how our offense works. Moorhead doesn't play those games. It's simple...we look at what the defense is doing and call plays that match up well against it. Both last year and this year, Pitt schemed well against our style of offense...hiding their defensive playcalls and overloading the line.

That's not how our offense works. Moorhead doesn't play those games. It's simple...we look at what the defense is doing and call plays that match up well against it. Both last year and this year, Pitt schemed well against our style of offense...hiding their defensive playcalls and overloading the line.
You missed my sarcasm.

I think JoeMo is overrated. We are loaded now. I am not worried if he leaves.

Still waiting for this playbook to expand. Haven't seen it yet.

He must have withheld most of the playbook, because they looked relatively anemic against Pitt's defense. Barkley not rushing for 100 yards in a game, in what should be a Heisman campaign? They got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

He must have withheld most of the playbook, because they looked relatively anemic against Pitt's defense. Barkley not rushing for 100 yards in a game, in what should be a Heisman campaign? They got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
33-14.

Reactions: marshall23
Trace just had an off day. He was inaccurate and impatient in the pocket. I am sure he will get better..

Reactions: Obliviax

LOL Pitt ran the ball 45 times for 155 yds. 3.4 ypc

PSU ran it 24 times for 148 yds. 6.2 ypc

PSU had 5 sacks & 9 tackles for a loss

Pitt had 1 sac & 6 tackles for a loss

How exactly is that PSU getting beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball?

It sure seems like pitt gained a lot more on the ground. Of course, they got chunks of yards on the shovel pass.

Thank you for some statistical proof of what happened.

The biggest spin I see is that since we didn't dominate in trenches every play, apparently that means we got beat every play.

It's false.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Trace just had an off day. He was inaccurate and impatient in the pocket. I am sure he will get better..

This. Trace needs be on for this offense to click on all cylinders. When we don't stretch the field in the passing game the defense can key on Barkley.

Correct and made some bad reads too. Throw-in a bad day by the offensive line, some missed penalties on the Pitt D, it made for a very lack luster offensive performance.

He did rush for over 100, but with the losses, it was like 88.

Pitt held the ball like it was the last Primanti's sandwich in Oakland. We had a couple of quick scores. Trace missed a few throws for big gains or first downs that would have given us more plays. Pitt is a pretty good team. Probably 7 wins or so. They were never in the game. 2-0. :cool:

Pitt held the ball like it was the last Primanti's sandwich in Oakland. We had a couple of quick scores. Trace missed a few throws for big gains or first downs that would have given us more plays. Pitt is a pretty good team. Probably 7 wins or so. They were never in the game. 2-0. :cool:

Somewhat related, but I walked by the Primanti Bros. near campus yesterday, and a lot of pitt athletic supporters were in there. Familiar and therefore safe. ;)

Somewhat related, but I walked by the Primanti Bros. near campus yesterday, and a lot of pitt athletic supporters were in there. Familiar and therefore safe. ;)

Pitt fans don't like trying new things or venturing out of their comfort zone, that's' why they went to Pitt... too afraid to leave home.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT