ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt football in proper perspective

There, I fixed it for you.
When Pitt ceased being competent/relevant, they stopped being a rival. Pitt is a rival to PSU like a 10yo boy is to his 16yo brother in a 1-on-1 basketball game.
Regardless, I want to play them regularly. We lack a true rival. I would gladly replace the Delawares and Umass’s with Pitt.

Hard to read

What does UDel or UMass rankings have to do with it? Those are payday games.

When Pitt will play a payday game at PSU or agree to a 3-1 home/away setup, they can be added back to the schedule. Until then, there is no way it makes any sense to dedicate a home and away series to them.
I don’t need Del and UMass in the same year. That was ridiculous.

But Pitt….absolutely zero interest to play them unless it’s as you suggest. 3-1.

Reactions: bison13
I read the other article about Pitt’s all time team that’s linked in this article and it’s a stunning collection of football talent. Hugh Greene, Ricky Jackson, Tony Dorsett, Darrell Revis, Larry Fitzgerald, Bill Fralic Aaron Donald, Mark May, Jimbo Covert were all superb college players. What a strange paradox between individual talent produced, and the grotesquely horrible team performance. This has to be a reflection of poor coaching, recruiting and player development.
But outside of Donald which of the players you mentioned were recent players?

Regardless, I want to play them regularly. We lack a true rival. I would gladly replace the Delawares and Umass’s with Pitt.
Well good for you; you are in a distinct minority. Pitt put the kibosh on Paterno’s proposed all sports Big East conference out of pure self-interest: wanted its money from the lucrative the Big East basketball conference AND the pay day from playing at the Beav every other year as a football independent. There is NO benefit to Penn State from playing Pitt—it is supposed to win and would get ridiculed if it was upset by Pitt. The only team that would benefit from a Pitt/Penn State series. Given the above history, if I were Penn State’s AD I would announce that Penn State is interested in renewing the series right after hell freezes over.

I agree. It would be more fun to slaughter the pitters every year than Delaware, UMass, and Toledo. However, all games should be played in State College. We need the payday and won't get it in their rented stadium.

Reactions: joeaubie21
I agree. It would be more fun to slaughter the pitters every year than Delaware, UMass, and Toledo. However, all games should be played in State College. We need the payday and won't get it in their rented stadium.
Don't they owe us like 48 home games?

Reactions: Roar More
Not really. They were playing D1 football and beating Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn state.

Stick to Madden.
How many Natties did they win playing with leather helmets? - making a case that all of those were legit is stupid.

Reactions: joeaubie21
How many Natties did they win playing with leather helmets? - making a case that all of those were legit is stupid.
They were legit to the players on the field wearing those helmets. Just because something happened a long time ago doesn't simply delegitimize it for that reason alone. What wasn't legit was the way in which those (often multiple) Natties were awarded not that the players wore leather helmets.

They won more than Delaware , or Umass. Two teams that PSU played last year. That is the point genius.

PS. Dont cry about playing Pitt for whatever made up reason and then schedule Delaware or Umass who have the same issues you listed for Pitt.

Last edited:
They won more than Delaware , or Umass. Two teams that PSU played last year. That is the point genius.

PS. Dont cry about playing Pitt for whatever made up reason and then schedule Delaware or Umass who have the same issues you listed for Pitt.
Yes, pitt is much like Delaware and UMass. I have no problem playing the pitters every year as long as all games are at the future Joe Paterno Stadium. Just like Delaware and UMass all games need to be home games for Penn State. We don't play away games against third world programs.

At least your were smart enough to realize I am a genius.

Delaware and UMass don’t have the same issues as Pitt…those two will play all their games against PSU at Beaver Stadium….will Pitt?

Delaware and UMass don’t have the same issues as Pitt…those two will play all their games against PSU at Beaver Stadium….will Pitt?
If the pitters won't agree to play all games at Penn State, then we shouldn't play them. It would be a nice payday for them. They need paydays since they have putrid attendance at their rented stadium. The pitt football program is much like Delaware and UMass. We shouldn't ever play at the rented stadium. All future games at Penn State.

Money is never made up reason. PSU Pitt is dead. Let it go.

I made the big mistake of moving to western PA from Maryland for the sake of financial reasons. Four students in college at one time and two PSU student. Now the reason for my response, Pitt fans are insufferable i don't even have a word for em.. They try to trash Penn State but can't say why they support the Panthers, except for $5.00 Pitt shirts at Sam's Club!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT