ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 National Duals Results & Discussion

I tried for the first three weights to sync to Byers. Every time I paused computer and then hit play, it moved up to live again.

is it me...or has fretwell mentioned crack several times....Im trying to do something, watch and listen...and I swear he keeps mentioning crack.

im not a prude but that seems odd
He absolutely said he has been smoking crack........then said he was probably the first announcer to openly admit on air to smoking crack. Just claimed Kerk weighs 130. I am not certain he is kidding :)
He also said earlier when he found out tomorrow doesn't start until 1:00Pm......that he was getting crazy tonight. Well tonight arrived early :)

Yes, Shunk working out now. Not sure if there are others. Joe Lee looked suited up on the bench. extras or Cornell?

Did anyone else's feed cut out during Kirkvliet's match? Mine went to a five minute Air Force ad.

PPV with forced ads....

Announcer could do himself a favor and not talk so much. At the very least he would say less incorrect stuff.

Restarted the browser and all I get is that ad.... annoying as hell.

I tried for the first three weights to sync to Byers. Every time I paused computer and then hit play, it moved up to live again.
Yeah, you cannot pause. I ended up listening to JB from the radio website, he was 6 seconds ahead. It least if my mind wandered I could look up when JB sounded exciting!

Reactions: hlstone
Did anyone else's feed cut out during Kirkvliet's match? Mine went to a five minute Air Force ad.

PPV with forced ads....

Announcer could do himself a favor and not talk so much. At the very least he would say less incorrect stuff.

Restarted the browser and all I get is that ad.... annoying as hell.
Nope. Mine worked fine.

Everything worked great for me video wise, unfortunately I got both announcers speaking at the same time the whole time. Corby was slightly louder than our announcer. He was all I could hear.

You have to love how he doubled down and spent much of the match describing how much Kerk's 40 extra pounds made him look huge versus his same sized opponent. What a maroon.

Seth weighed in a biscuit shy of 285

Reactions: Ja1339
UNI

125 - Props to Camacho. He went out there and battled Teske. Made Teske earn every point. As a coach, teammate, fan, that is all you can ask for. Hope he holds his head high and gives that effort every match. He's the Rudy of our team.

133 - Biscoglia was able to slow down RBY for the first portion of the match, but RBY with a slick suck back for the pin. The announcers mentioned the tape on his shoulder. Didn't look like it was too big of an issue. I think his lack of offense early can be credited to Biscoglias grip strength.

141 - Nick Lee is back to form after being under the weather. Cael Happen was a 4x Iowa state champ, and showed excellent cardio in his first match, and his a great competitor. That showed not giving up the tech in the final minute. You know Nick won't let an opportunity for an extra bonus point slip away like that again.

149 - Hopefully Bartlett hitting his blast double gives him a ton of confidence that he can get under opponents and be successful. Tall task coming up next match with Yianni, but I think with his sound positioning he can keep it close, a match is close. Anything can happen. He continues to improve.

157 - Tony Negron gets the start and rightfully so after his Lehigh performance. However, I was disappointed at the end. He only really showed one shot, and laid flat for the last 45 seconds or so. We always told our wrestlers even if the match is out of reach, get one more point. Battle until the whistle. Definitely a learning experience, and he gets better because of this match. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Lee against Cornell.

165 - Edsell gets what I believe was his toughest match to date. Got to legs but couldn't finish. I can almost guarantee that will be the first thing they work on when the get back in the room. If he finishes just one of those shots, I think he ends up winning that match. I'm not sure if its just me, but when he takes a half shot and then takes his time getting back into his stance, that absolutely drives me nuts, not sure why.

174 - CStar was dominate

184 - Match of the dual. Brooks wins an excellent match against Keckeisen. What a great early season match to get a feel for someone at the top of the ranks. He wasn't as offensive as I thought he would be, but very methodical. He was constant in his motion, and the early stall call was a joke. I really enjoy watching Keckeisen and that will be a great rivalry if they stay in the same weight.

197 - Dean made it look effortless. Excellent motion getting his takedowns, and a hammer on top. Glad he's wearing blue and white.

285 - Kerk is back and looks healthy. He may be able to hit that crossfire on anyone. Once he got it locked up he was patient and got him to his back. Was never in trouble and a good match to get back into the swings again. Looking forward to watching him and Fernandes next.

We Are!

It would have been nice to see the extra matches. AND, it would be nice if there were replays available for the earlier matches. I'm guessing they'll post that next week.

I wasn't planning on paying the $20 to watch this -- I had plans for Christmas Caroling tonight, but one of the families we were going to do it with got COVID. (Small, tight-knit group of special needs families. So, not taking the risk.)

We’re in banned camp together. Iowa fan or not it isn’t hard to recognize the most dominant wrestler in the sport.

He may not win this year. It is entirely dependent on his health. If healthy, no one is close.
Vito has a hell of a resume. You act like someone said an unknown high school kid would beat an Iowa guy.

125 campbell vs Arujau

TD and back... For Arujau

Fall 0:58

133 RBY vs Lajoie

24 secs TD RBY
Lets him up 2:07 to go...Td 10 secs later
Lets him up
4-2 1:10 to go
Another TD 0:45 to go
RBY aggressive in this one
6-2 after one

cornell takes bottom
Lets him up. TD. Lets him up. 8-4
1:00
Sooo fast. TD. Lets him up. 10-5
TD with 5 secs to go. 12-5 after two.

Neutral to start 3rd.
TD in 15 secs. Lets him up. RBY Shuffle. TD. Lets him.up.
16-7
TD. 0:55
Escape. Hurdles. TD. Lets him up 20-9

21-9 with RT

Last edited:
UNI

125 - Props to Camacho. He went out there and battled Teske. Made Teske earn every point. As a coach, teammate, fan, that is all you can ask for. Hope he holds his head high and gives that effort every match. He's the Rudy of our team.

133 - Biscoglia was able to slow down RBY for the first portion of the match, but RBY with a slick suck back for the pin. The announcers mentioned the tape on his shoulder. Didn't look like it was too big of an issue. I think his lack of offense early can be credited to Biscoglias grip strength.

141 - Nick Lee is back to form after being under the weather. Cael Happen was a 4x Iowa state champ, and showed excellent cardio in his first match, and his a great competitor. That showed not giving up the tech in the final minute. You know Nick won't let an opportunity for an extra bonus point slip away like that again.

149 - Hopefully Bartlett hitting his blast double gives him a ton of confidence that he can get under opponents and be successful. Tall task coming up next match with Yianni, but I think with his sound positioning he can keep it close, a match is close. Anything can happen. He continues to improve.

157 - Tony Negron gets the start and rightfully so after his Lehigh performance. However, I was disappointed at the end. He only really showed one shot, and laid flat for the last 45 seconds or so. We always told our wrestlers even if the match is out of reach, get one more point. Battle until the whistle. Definitely a learning experience, and he gets better because of this match. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Lee against Cornell.

165 - Edsell gets what I believe was his toughest match to date. Got to legs but couldn't finish. I can almost guarantee that will be the first thing they work on when the get back in the room. If he finishes just one of those shots, I think he ends up winning that match. I'm not sure if its just me, but when he takes a half shot and then takes his time getting back into his stance, that absolutely drives me nuts, not sure why.

174 - CStar was dominate

184 - Match of the dual. Brooks wins an excellent match against Keckeisen. What a great early season match to get a feel for someone at the top of the ranks. He wasn't as offensive as I thought he would be, but very methodical. He was constant in his motion, and the early stall call was a joke. I really enjoy watching Keckeisen and that will be a great rivalry if they stay in the same weight.

197 - Dean made it look effortless. Excellent motion getting his takedowns, and a hammer on top. Glad he's wearing blue and white.

285 - Kerk is back and looks healthy. He may be able to hit that crossfire on anyone. Once he got it locked up he was patient and got him to his back. Was never in trouble and a good match to get back into the swings again. Looking forward to watching him and Fernandes next.

We Are!
RBY has had the tape on his shoulder pretty much all season.

Noticed you can't watch two mats at once or two browser windows? Rokfin should think about how to make this work. @smalls103

141 N Lee vs Handlovic

TD Lee 2:10 to go
Riding
Lets him.up 1:31 to go
OOB prevents TD. restart 1:03. Stall call on the OOB against cornell
TD Lee 4-1 trying to tilt

Cornell takes bottom 1:09 RT
Riding
1:30 to go
1:00 to go. Still riding. Really working on top
Stall point
5-1 0:15

Lee takes bottom up 5-1 with a few days of RT
Reversal 7-1
Cuts him. 7-2. Td. 9-2
Riding. 1:14 restart
Cuts him. 9-3 one minute
Scramble.... Stalemate. 0:24
Stall point. TD. 12-3

13-3 with RT

Last edited:
Vito’s pretty damn good, no doubt. But you know who has a hell of a resume? Spencer Lee.
Is he wrestling this year? You can't really be wrong. You already threw in that big qualifier "only his knees can beat him". I'll take the field. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT