ADVERTISEMENT

David Jones tears in to Meyer

If you follow the course of this thread, you will notice that michnittlion (I'm channeling my inner Urban Meyer and speaking in the 3rd person) was not the first poster to refer to our 3-times-removed former Head Coach. It was somebody else.

If you’re going to talk third person at least do it correctly. For you, it should be “that asshole michnittlion.” Do it right or don’t do it at all.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I didn't want this thread to devolve into a conversation on one of our former coaches, but it should be said that the man who said "in hind sight, I wish I had done more" also wasn't completely forthright in the November 2011-January 2012 period.

He knew about 1998 in 2001. But didn't admit it.

Mich"not"alion at his best (worst) still again!!! I thought that you …. as a "leader" of the "let's move on" crowd would be done with your continual hatred of everything "Paterno" by now!!! But Nooooooooooooooo!! You can't stop making BS comments every time that the "Paterno" name is mentioned! GFY and everyone ever associated or related to you!!!

I am always torn between how PSU was treated (continuity) and what is fair.

Aside from the changing the phone settings, I can understand how this happened. As Urban said, there were no charges so what are you going to do as a football coach? It was the same for Paterno. I don't expect coaches to investigate charges, I expect them to turn it over to others and let them do the investigating. Meyer was trying to take care of a friend's kid. I get it. If anything, Meyer showed poor judgement. But poor judgement, when taken as a whole, is not too bad when you consider tOSU's graduation rate, performance and player development.

So I am torn between what I think it right (giving UM a warning and a suspension) or treating him like Joe got treated. My biggest heartburn is the fact that Joe's legacy is ruined and Meyer's is intact.
I respect that perspective.
I think a person who tries to undermine his employer’s investigation, lies to the media, continues to lie to me, and embarrasses himself and his employer deserves to be (and is) fired in most cases. Not my choice. OSU made its decsion. I respect that too.
But I respect Urban Meyer less. Not just because he lied. It’s more the way he's Handling this situation and continuing to act. I just respect him less. That likely means nada to him. Ok. But if enough others feel as I do, his legacy will not remain in tact or recover-even if osu celebrates his wins.

Completely agree in understanding how this could happen even with the best of intentions. That’s not my problem with Urban Meyer. Giving him a pass for that, I give a thumbs down for th rest.

Reactions: Obliviax
I respect that perspective.
I think a person who tries to undermine his employer’s investigation, lies to the media, continues to lie to me, and embarrasses himself and his employer deserves to be (and is) fired in most cases. Not my choice. OSU made its decsion. I respect that too.
But I respect Urban Meyer less. Not just because he lied. It’s more the way he's Handling this situation and continuing to act. I just respect him less. That likely means nada to him. Ok. But if enough others feel as I do, his legacy will not remain in tact or recover-even if osu celebrates his wins.

Completely agree in understanding how this could happen even with the best of intentions. That’s not my problem with Urban Meyer. Giving him a pass for that, I give a thumbs down for th rest.
very good....can only add that this is why he makes, what, $7m a year? He's paid to make those hard decisions and, in this case, he didn't do well at all.

Screw David Jones. This is a guy who claimed he heard a "graphic account of the Victim 2 shower scene" in August 2010. He then immediately told Scott Paterno that Joe was involved in covering it up. The problem is that Mike McQueary didn't even come forward until November 2010. Jones lied and Scott Paterno panicked. I think that's a major reason why the PA Attorney General was able to convince Joe, who had previously claimed what McQueary told him was that Sandusky's actions were "inappropriate and made him uncomfortable", to now claim it was of a "sexual nature".

Last edited:
Thats why Franlklin will let Ole Jimmy do it for him. There are plenty of coaches that will take that approach and Franklin can sit back and collect the rewards
No. Franklin has something called class. Jimmy H doesn't and many others don't.

Last edited:
No, negative recruiting is never a good thing. It says a lot more about the coach using such a tactic then it says about the subject.
exactly

Franklin does a great job including the families and showing the recruits and their moms etc how everyone fits in at Penn State....the parents aren't stupid, they can see the differences

Reactions: Nitt1300
If you follow the course of this thread, you will notice that michnittlion (I'm channeling my inner Urban Meyer and speaking in the 3rd person) was not the first poster to refer to our 3-times-removed former Head Coach. It was somebody else.
Go suck on a tail pipe. LOL, I just channeled my "inner" Barry/StorminNorm!!!

If you’re going to talk third person at least do it correctly. For you, it should be “that asshole michnittlion.” Do it right or don’t do it at all.
As Dr. Hook would say: "Aw, Man, That's Beautiful"!!
220px-The_Cover_of_%27Rolling_Stone%27_-_Dr._Hook_%26_the_Medicine_Show.jpg

So, you are saying he should have said "In hind sight, I wish I had done more." A guy that actually did something, unlike Meyer got butchered for being empathetic. Or, do different rules apply for different people and programs in the media for the B1G. Urban was Urban. I applaud him for being the natural born a$$ that he is and doing it consistently.
In case you didn't notice, he actually did say knowing what he now knows he wished he had done more. It was in the first press conference after the suspension. Nobody noticed. Apparently it's actually ok to say it when you don't mean it, but when you do mean it you get fired.

https://sports.yahoo.com/osus-urban...dled-message-return-suspension-193359983.html

Here's Pat Forde's take on Urbz, and how his track record of having no tolerance for domestic violence leaves a lot to be desired.

So in addition to covering for the wife abuser Zach Smith, Meyer has had recanted abuse charges and played Rainey, Klein, and Hyde according to the excerpt from the article below. We know he did dismiss Brionte Dunn (not sure if he ever made the depth chart) for rape and Ezekiel Elliott has also had domestic violence issues during his rookie campaign which likely didn't start in the NFL. And those are just the ones that we know of that went public with abuse.

How many data points do we need to conclude that Meyer at the very least enables abusers? I'm starting to wonder who else playing for Ohio St is abusing women. Does Meyer specifically recruit abusers or how does he end up with this many and why do the accusers always recant their abuse accusation or refuse to press charges with Meyer's abusers?

From the article:

"At Florida in 2010, standout running back Chris Rainey (14) was arrested on a charge of felony stalking for texting a death threat to a woman; when the woman spoke up for Rainey and he was given deferred prosecution for a lesser charge, Rainey was reinstated in less than a month. In 2012 at Ohio State, linebacker Storm Klein (15) was initially dismissed after being charged with domestic violence; when the alleged victim recanted her story and said she injured herself during an argument with Klein, charges were reduced to disorderly conduct and he was suspended just two games. The next year, star running back Carlos Hyde (16) was arrested in relation to a nightclub altercation with a woman; he was suspended three games and then returned to the lineup when the victim refused to go forward with the charges."

I didn't want this thread to devolve into a conversation on one of our former coaches, but it should be said that the man who said "in hind sight, I wish I had done more" also wasn't completely forthright in the November 2011-January 2012 period.

He knew about 1998 in 2001. But didn't admit it.

We have no idea what Joe was told about the ‘98 incident. Curley’s testimony did not shed any further light on the matter.

Reactions: pandaczar12
We have no idea what Joe was told about the ‘98 incident. Curley’s testimony did not shed any further light on the matter.

In addition, we don't even know how much details Curley know, let alone Joe. For all we know, they could have had the impression that Jerry had done something along the lines of breaking a kid's nose from throwing too hard in a dodgeball game.

Even if you look at what actually happened it was, contrary to popular belief, a very benign incident. The boy continued to remain friends with Sandusky for 13 more years and alleged no further incidents. He sent Jerry texts as a 23 year old heterosexual man in 2009 wishing him a Happy Fathers Day and also saying he thanks God that Jerry has been placed in his life. He had dinner with the Sandusky's even after the March 31 Sara Ganim article came out leaking the investigation. Even after the November arrest, in January 2012, he told another accuser that he still doubted whether Sandusky was even guilty, and felt his Mom was putting pressure on him. If you read V6's testimony, it actually seems to help the defense rather than the prosecution.

In addition, we don't even know how much details Curley know, let alone Joe. For all we know, they could have had the impression that Jerry had done something along the lines of breaking a kid's nose from throwing too hard in a dodgeball game.

Even if you look at what actually happened it was, contrary to popular belief, a very benign incident. The boy continued to remain friends with Sandusky for 13 more years and alleged no further incidents. He sent Jerry texts as a 23 year old heterosexual man in 2009 wishing him a Happy Fathers Day and also saying he thanks God that Jerry has been placed in his life. He had dinner with the Sandusky's even after the March 31 Sara Ganim article came out leaking the investigation. Even after the November arrest, in January 2012, he told another accuser that he still doubted whether Sandusky was even guilty, and felt his Mom was putting pressure on him. If you read V6's testimony, it actually seems to help the defense rather than the prosecution.
Hey budd, this is a thread about Urban Meyer. Please try to pay attention.

If you are going to lecture somebody, how about you lecture the assholes who keep claiming "Joe knew in 1998" on threads about Urban Meyer!
Extends to all of you. Why are people engaging in completely off topic BS? Meyer is a POS. He lacks all credibility. Now you can respond to topic

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT