ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open

It does look like Chance lost some steam in the 3rd of his semi. Might just be early season rust though.

Didn't see it but Cam Coy went down 6-0, assuming he got headlocked. The Klucker kid is from East Pennsboro IIRC and a couple of years ago he rode that headlock to a medal up in Hershey. He beat some kids he really had no business of beating with it.

I'm not sure. I do have Flo Pro though

Just tried doing this about 5 minutes ago and I haven’t gotten any alerts? I’m doing it from my iPhone and it’s cut off so I can’t see if I’m
Missing something? I clicked on mat assignments and my cell. Do you have to put a 1 before the area code?

Just tried doing this about 5 minutes ago and I haven’t gotten any alerts? I’m doing it from my iPhone and it’s cut off so I can’t see if I’m
Missing something? I clicked on mat assignments and my cell. Do you have to put a 1 before the area code?

I missed something the first time that may be happening to you. There is a drop menu where you have to select "Mat Assignment". It looks like you do it correctly when you type in your phone number and check the option to receive text messages but then you have to be sure to click the drop down and select Mat Assignment. I didn't do that at first and was wondering why it didn't work.

Wasn't Coy known for having good D and being a counter wrestler in HS? I thought I remember that being a knock on him that he's not a highly offensive wrestler. If he got in a hole early in that match and hasn't developed his offense yet then that could explain

FloPro NOT required for Alerts.

Is there a way to see how the points are scored if you are not watching the video and just watching the "virtual scoreboard"? I know you can after a match, but can't figure out how to during.

I missed something the first time that may be happening to you. There is a drop menu where you have to select "Mat Assignment". It looks like you do it correctly when you type in your phone number and check the option to receive text messages but then you have to be sure to click the drop down and select Mat Assignment. I didn't do that at first and was wondering why it didn't work.

I did click mat assignments. Only thin I didn’t do was put a 1 in front of area code. Do you think that’s it? Also I typed in and put hyphens. Example 000-000-0000. Should I put 1 in from or take out hyphens?

country code was not required for me
It is working
I used the Teams & Competitors tab to set alerts

Thanks for the tip

I did click mat assignments. Only thin I didn’t do was put a 1 in front of area code. Do you think that’s it? Also I typed in and put hyphens. Example 000-000-0000. Should I put 1 in from or take out hyphens?

Just take out the 1. Mine has hyphens and no 1 and has worked all day. I chose both, mat assignments and results. It appears it saves it for future events as well.

Wasn't Coy known for having good D and being a counter wrestler in HS? I thought I remember that being a knock on him that he's not a highly offensive wrestler. If he got in a hole early in that match and hasn't developed his offense yet then that could explain

You are correct. Coy has excellent defense but not much in the offensive category. His defense was good enough to net him three PIAA championships, though and was enough to slow down David Carr at Who’s Number one last year where Carr barely beat Coy.

I think the concerns about his offense going into college were valid. Without more offense he is going to struggle at this level. He’s wrestling unnattached so it looks like he will have a year to find it. If he is able to find his offense he could be dangerous. UVA has recruited well recently but I’m still waiting to see some of their recruits produce results. Garrett Peppleman is there and I thought he was the best of the Peppleman brothers. Micki Phillipi transfered out and was a 3x PIAA champ, too. And they have Coy as well.

Let’s see if they can develop blue chip recruits at UVA or if it’s a place guys go and are forgotten.

I didn't put a 1 and used no hyphens

FloPro NOT required for Alerts.

Is there a way to see how the points are scored if you are not watching the video and just watching the "virtual scoreboard"? I know you can after a match, but can't figure out how to during.
Disagree. When I click on Alerts, it gives me an "Upgrade" button and takes me to a Pro subscription page. Not asking for you guys to be Flo tech Support. Just sayin...

I didn't put a 1 and used no hyphens

Ok I figured it out. I went to my computer and did it. On the left hand side it had a thing to click for email or text notifications. I changed to text and it should work now. On my iPhone, that part of screen was not there and I couldn’t move the thing. So it automatically defaulted to email notification.

Reactions: Afw6006
Disagree. When I click on Alerts, it gives me an "Upgrade" button and takes me to a Pro subscription page. Not asking for you guys to be Flo tech Support. Just sayin...

Maybe you do. I subscribed for WNO and canceled after a shitty feed. They charged me for a month, which was bullshit since I couldn't watch any of the freaking matches, so I guess I still have time left, even though everything inside Flo indicates I am just a basic member.

Cameron Coy was embarrassingly sloppy today. I think that he's just in lousy shape. He probably hasn't been wrestling that much leading up to this tourney. Because he's way better than he showed today.

Nick Lee's semi-final was a destructo. 16-1 and he didn't begin to sweat. Constant movement, always looking to score. He's going to fit in beautifully in the lineup.

Reactions: diggerpup
Kyle Shoop was not an NCAA qualifier, far as I can tell. Nick Lee's final will be against Brock Zacherl, who was seeded 15th last year at 141.

I keep upping my prediction on nick...He is no doubt a top 3 at 141!!!! I now think he is absolutely a champion after a season of improvement....IE- see Hall, and even V Joseph...and yes I know he is a true freshman but being at PSU as long as he has he is no ordinary true freshman!!! THIS KID IS FOR REAL!!!!

Edit- That loss does not change my mind..he will figure it out and looked great!!!

Last edited:
Just a note from the Midwest. Former PA state champ Mikey Labriola is in the finals of the Daktronics Open. He racked up 49 points in his first 2 matches. High school wrestler P. McKee will face NCAA runner up Ethan Lizek in the finals. Also Gabe Stevenson pinned his way to the finals

Nick Lee goes down in the finals 6-4. Zackrel was able to shut Nick down for the most part with a defensive match.

Reactions: NJ Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT