ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open

Oh yeah, mixed up Cenzo and Mark's weights. Rasheed and Morelli wrestled at 174 before Hall's shirt was pulled. And yes, still a jump.

didn't rasheed wrestle a match at heavy 2 years ago when he was at 165? or am i misremembering that?

Kyle Conel was good 2 years ago. Think he had injury issues? Should be a nice semi for Rasheed.

didn't rasheed wrestle a match at heavy 2 years ago when he was at 165? or am i misremembering that?
Van Cura went up, as did Livingston, Rasheed did not. For the record, a wrestler must WEIGH at least 183 to wrestle a heavyweight bout.

I meant to ask this question with my original post. I see that Chance Marsteller is Lock Haven-Unattached. He has already used his red-shirt at Oklahoma State, I believe.
Why would he be unattached in a tournament such as this if he has already red-shirted?

Reactions: diggerpup
I meant to ask this question with my original post. I see that Chance Marsteller is Lock Haven-Unattached. He has already used his red-shirt at Oklahoma State, I believe.
Why would he be unattached in a tournament such as this if he has already red-shirted?

It could be a typo tbh.

It could be a typo tbh.
Could be, although he may not be reinstated until 2nd semester. I thought that was the original plan, but then with the Duggan drama I thought there was some talk that he was back on the team right away.

EDIT - just checked and he is on the roster, so must be a typo.

197 has developed a lot of depth all of the sudden. You'd have to be happy with any of the three, I think. Good to see.

197 has developed a lot of depth all of the sudden. You'd have to be happy with any of the three, I think. Good to see.
They are all 4th-5th year guys. Short term depth. Beard will have some nice training partners when he redshirts!

And following up on the press conference, Cael will wrestle Cortez in the duals and Lee in the Opens until he gets a feel for what to do with Nick Lee. Seemed to work out OK for that Hall kid last year.

They are all 4th-5th year guys. Short term depth. Beard will have some nice training partners when he redshirts!

With a probable medical redshirt available, I think Cassar would have 2 years to wrestle after this one.

With a probable medical redshirt available, I think Cassar would have 2 years to wrestle after this one.
To get a 6th year? Is there evidence to support this? Not saying you're wrong, but I was under the impression that getting that 6th year is difficult. How "probable" is it?

To get a 6th year? Is there evidence to support this? Not saying you're wrong, but I was under the impression that getting that 6th year is difficult. How "probable" is it?
If you miss 2 full seasons due to injury (which is the case for Cassar I believe), I don't think it's a stretch for him to get a 6th year. It does seem that in the past there has been some inconsistency in the awarding of it.

And following up on the press conference, Cael will wrestle Cortez in the duals and Lee in the Opens until he gets a feel for what to do with Nick Lee. Seemed to work out OK for that Hall kid last year.
Cael will insert both at Scuffle and decide largely based on performance there.

Reactions: tabenn and Maddog
They must not have updated the roster for him--as this is his 4th year of college and would have to be a RS JR eligibility-wise. I know he sat out at least 1 semester a couple of years ago, but that shouldn't affect his eligibility status, with the clock ticking.

I'm pretty sure Cassar was not officially on the team last year.

Pre-seeds out for Clarion Open:

Nick Lee is #3 (Unattached at 141)
Shakur Rasheed is #1 at 197
Hope Nick is working hard on getting off bottom. Many freshman have that problem unless you are ELITE....It's a mind set that NOONE can hold me down. Nick has a motor in him !

ADVERTISEMENT