ADVERTISEMENT

CKLV

Noticed alot of wrestlers choosing neutral so far this year. Is this the new trend?

art breaking GIF by Emma Darvick

I think if Kennedy can get his lungs back, Iowa's best lineup is definitely him at 174 and Gabe Arnold at 184. Get your best guys at weights they can succeed. Gabe can succeed at 184, he proved it, it'll be tougher and Gabe saying he only wanted to do it once definitely shows that. PK has 0 shot at doing anything at 184 besides be a Mason Manville and try to limit dual points.

That being said, that mimics when this board used to suggest Beau Bartlett getting 141 and pushing Nick Lee to 149 in 2021/2022. Beau couldn't succeed at 149, while Nick obviously could have. That being said, Cael's approach as everyone knows is just let the guys pick their weights, key to success is your hammers at their ideal weights.

But once again big difference is Nick obviously could actually (and did) win 141. Gabe I still think is mid AA at 174, which is damn good for this stage of his career but points might be neglible if you can get a R12 from PK and 6th-8th out of Gabe at 184.
I think the dye is cast anyway, Brands is going with Kennedy at 74.

I won't like someone breaking his college record.
I don't think any PSU fan would like someone breaking Cael's college record, but that doesn't mean they would root against someone who isn't even close to doing so. If someone ever gets close to the record, then maybe fans will root against that person, but nobody is rooting against a Freshman because they're worried that he could break Cael's record.

Do Dolphin fans root against teams that are 2-0 or 3-0, because they're afraid their record will be broken, or does that happen when a team is 10-0 or 12-0, when there is a realistic chance the record could actually be broken?

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I wouldn't be shocked if Shapiro was under the weather or something this weekend. Then again, he could just be getting used to applying his pace against much stronger, more conditioned guys of D1. Time will probably tell. His ceiling is still miles high.
You mean the concussion he received, possibly at the end of the Andonian match? Or the one he definitely received in his last match?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I still think Shapiro will be top 5 this year if he is healthy. I've watched him for years and never seen him even close to gassing like that. If I were to guess hes sick and just toughing his way through this tourney.
He didn't "gas," he received what appeared to be a concussion (possibly at the end of the Andonian match, definitely at the beginning of his second loss).

• Wow
Reactions: okcpokefan12
He didn't "gas," he received what appeared to be a concussion (possibly at the end of the Andonian match, definitely at the beginning of his second loss).
So, were you the MD on site to say he "definitely" received a concussion. Your opinion is still simple speculation. Maybe he is just not the second coming of Cael and took a few early season losses in his true freshman year like 99% of wrestlers do.

He gassed for sure. Concussion sysmtoms would have taken him out of the competition for sure. Big difference, lungs vs dizziness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT