ADVERTISEMENT

CKLV

Bastida is starting to look like Cassar 2.0
I can’t get over his match with Feldman. Having never wrestled I can’t gauge difficulty in stopping things in this sport but 3x Feldman got a leg, Bastida spun around and Feldman just let go and Bastida got the go behind.

You see it happen, sure, not usually for 3 takedowns in one match.

Campbell's Ghadiali TF over Feldman in the consi Semis. Feldman looking a bit lost on the mat, to be honest. Not sure what's up w/ him.

Reactions: danoftw
To Feldman’s credit, he tweaked his knee early on in the match and then didn’t look like he was really in it the rest of the way.

T.Jamison (OKST) Majors B.Hardy (NEB) 13-5 for 5th place

A.Echemendia (OSU) Majors V.Cornella (CORN) 13-3 for 7th place

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Well said.
Silly logic unless you compare actual posts from the same individual. The same person/people crowning Shapiro as a champion may not be the same person/people criticizing a Davis loss. Any person that creates a news buzz also creates division which also causes posts in favor and against.

Reactions: hlstone
M
I still think he will be very, very good. Just think people were a bit hasty in crowning him an undefMos
I still think he will be very, very good. Just think people were a bit hasty in crowning him an undefeated 4xer
I don't think anyone was crowning him a 4-time undefeated champ however he came in a world champion and dominated competition so fans of him still have hope he will do it and many of Cael fans can't wait for his first loss similar to the 1972 Dolphins celebrating each year.

M

I don't think anyone was crowning him a 4-time undefeated champ however he came in a world champion and dominated competition so fans of him still have hope he will do it and many of Cael fans can't wait for his first loss similar to the 1972 Dolphins celebrating each year.
Does anyone actually root for people to lose because of Cael? The thought really didn't occur to me. There are definitely old ass Dolphins fans who root like that.

Does anyone actually root for people to lose because of Cael? The thought really didn't occur to me. There are definitely old ass Dolphins fans who root like that.
Factually I couldn't say for sure but understanding typical human behavior when it comes to sports and also comments on this board following a hyped wrestler losing for the first time I would assume so.

Factually I couldn't say for sure but understanding typical human behavior when it comes to sports and also comments on this board following a hyped wrestler losing for the first time I would assume so.
I think it’s likely we see another undefeated 4xer at some point as long as college wrestling still exists in 25 years, but it’ll be waaaaaay fewer matches wrestled

I still think Shapiro will be top 5 this year if he is healthy. I've watched him for years and never seen him even close to gassing like that. If I were to guess hes sick and just toughing his way through this tourney.
So you are thinking the flu? Were the officials pretty much average? Did Cornell take the bus to Vegas? :p

Silly logic unless you compare actual posts from the same individual. The same person/people crowning Shapiro as a champion may not be the same person/people criticizing a Davis loss. Any person that creates a news buzz also creates division which also causes posts in favor and against.
After Shapiro beat Andonian match, TangSoo said “Let's not get carried away” and then correctly predicted that more traditional, non-funk styles might give Shapiro problems. It’s not logical to compliment someone who provides a prescient statement?

I haven't seen anyone on this board saying they hoped Shapiro would lose, so Cael's record would remain intact. Perhaps, I missed those posts. Unless you can provide a post of someone claiming that to be so, then there isn't anything to support your argument.

Reactions: Jayhouse
3rd Place Bouts:

125- C.Smith vs. B.Kaylor
133- N.Bouzakis vs. D.Zaccone
141- C.Happel vs. L.McNeil
149- D.D'Emilio vs. K.Parco
157- B.Andonian vs. E.Scott
165- D.Carr vs. C.Amine
174- C.Karchla vs. D.Wask
184- D.Plott vs. L.Pinto
197- T.Sloan vs. J.Cardenas
HVY- T.Ghadiali vs. B.McDermott

I think if Kennedy can get his lungs back, Iowa's best lineup is definitely him at 174 and Gabe Arnold at 184. Get your best guys at weights they can succeed. Gabe can succeed at 184, he proved it, it'll be tougher and Gabe saying he only wanted to do it once definitely shows that. PK has 0 shot at doing anything at 184 besides be a Mason Manville and try to limit dual points.

That being said, that mimics when this board used to suggest Beau Bartlett getting 141 and pushing Nick Lee to 149 in 2021/2022. Beau couldn't succeed at 149, while Nick obviously could have. That being said, Cael's approach as everyone knows is just let the guys pick their weights, key to success is your hammers at their ideal weights.

But once again big difference is Nick obviously could actually (and did) win 141. Gabe I still think is mid AA at 174, which is damn good for this stage of his career but points might be neglible if you can get a R12 from PK and 6th-8th out of Gabe at 184.

Is it even a thought? Nobody is going to wrestle that many matches anymore. Someone could be a 4-time undefeated champ but I'm sure it would be many fewer matches.

Fans do definitely. Cael definitely does not.

Similarly, the 1972 Dolphins only opened champagne once as a joke and it was two of them. The "they pop open a champagne after the last undefeated team loses ever year" is a big time fabricated myth. A few of them are on the record saying they don't root for others to fail especially since their record can't be broken, only tied.

That being said, your point stands, Dolphin fans definitely root for teams to lose as a result.

To beeeeeee fair, Amine ain’t exactly a big point scorer on anybody
Keep the Letterkenny references coming!
iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT