ADVERTISEMENT

C/S/S all get jail time

They got other charges removed.
th

Just my opinion. But when this judge piled on the dead guy, it crossed the line from a judgement / legal system thing to a political hit job. There is absolutely no reason to reference a dead guy.... unless you a instructed to deliver a politically driven message.
Anybody with legal knowledge how does this judge have the legal authority to comment on joe paterno in the court room CSS were the ones that were getting sentenced. I just don't understand how that is allowed

Reactions: WeR0206
Curley's statement to the judge and prosecution was "off" the record, can't remember the legal term for the discussion, it occurs when the defendant and the State meet to discuss the "deal". Hence no perjury, however it was a factor in Curley's sentencing.

Proffer.

Anybody with legal knowledge how does this judge have the legal authority to comment on joe paterno in the court room CSS were the ones that were getting sentenced. I just don't understand how that is allowed
A Judge can say anything he wants in court and there is virtually nothing anyone can do about it. A few years ago in Dauphin County a cell phone rang during a proceeding and the Judge had a deputy throw the phone out the 4th floor window. That is an example of the power some of these folks choose to assume

Judges are given a ton of power in a courtroom.

It was unprofessional and self indulgent at best.

Reactions: Ceasar
Very happy they are going to jail. I wish they would be in jail much longer though.

In a sense, I agree. If they had done their ****ing job and/or been reasonable people, there would have been no scandal. Sandusky would have been in jail sooner. Whether this is actually criminal or whether this simply makes them less-than-good-people, I will leave that to the professionals.

Curley's testimony was found to be not truthful by the judge and jury.
So that should have hurt the prosecution's case, right? Since their star witness was apparently a liar?

They can't have it both ways and yet somehow they did because...er, Pennsylvania?

So that should have hurt the prosecution's case, right? Since their star witness was apparently a liar?

They can't have it both ways and yet somehow they did because...er, Pennsylvania?
Nope, it helped because the jury saw all three men as being deceitful. And we all know that the real star for the prosecution was not a person but rather the emails.

In a sense, I agree. If they had done their ****ing job and/or been reasonable people, there would have been no scandal. Sandusky would have been in jail sooner. Whether this is actually criminal or whether this simply makes them less-than-good-people, I will leave that to the professionals.

Ah yes, if only the admins would have had the magical ability in 2001 to foresee that the pillar of the community "Saint Jerry" was actually a pedo and handled the report differently by knowing somehow that TSM would not follow the law as required. Did the admins make some bad judgement in hindsight? Sure, even they admitted so, but to claim they should have foreseen that TSM/JR would shirk all legal and professional responsibilities they had to look into TC's report is asinine.

The PSU admins did more to curtail JS' activities by revoking his guest privileges and informing and OUTSIDE entity with legal obligations to make additional reports than TSM ever did and they had actual legal and professional obligations.

Curley was essentially a hostile witness, which is also why he got the most prison time. Still waiting for Curley to talk, his legal proceedings are over. I just keep hearing crickets from him.

Ah yes, if only the admins would have had the magical ability in 2001 to foresee that the pillar of the community "Saint Jerry" was actually a pedo and handled the report differently by knowing somehow that TSM would not follow the law as required. Did the admins make some bad judgement in hindsight? Sure, even they admitted so, but to claim they should have foreseen that TSM/JR would shirk all legal and professional responsibilities they had to look into TC's report is asinine.

The PSU admins did more to curtail JS' activities by revoking his guest privileges and informing and OUTSIDE entity with legal obligations to make additional reports than TSM ever did and they had actual legal and professional obligations.
The PSU admins paid the price for not being forthcoming when the State came knocking. Remember the cover up is almost always worse than the crime. The cover up here was trying to hide what could be described as errors in judgment back in 2001.

Had they told PSP/OAG in 2010 that:
1. They thought 2001 was a repeat of 98
2. Mike was not really clear or could not articulate what he saw in 2001

Do that and they are probably not heading to jail. When you jerk around the cops and come across as lying, it tends to piss off the criminal justice system and they start asking more questions. It didn't help when JoePa hired his own attorney (smart man) and said "sexual in nature".

The PSU admins paid the price for not being forthcoming when the State came knocking. Remember the cover up is almost always worse than the crime. The cover up here was trying to hide what could be described as errors in judgment back in 2001.

Do that and they are probably not heading to jail. When you jerk around the cops and come across as lying, it tends to piss off the criminal justice system and they start asking more questions. It didn't help when JoePa hired his own attorney (smart man) and said "sexual in nature".
OMG - IronDoc!! He lives!!!!!!!

Reactions: humpydudas19

Except none of them were convicted/plead guilty to a cover up (i.e. conspiracy or FTR), only EWOC.

There was no cover up!

Reactions: WeR0206

WTF are you even rambling on about? The only person who was not forthcoming when the state came knocking was Baldwin (she didn't properly respond to subpoenas) who was kindly treated with kid gloves by the OAG. From DAY 1 C/S/S all told everyone that MM never reported any sexual shower or sex act, etc. only an inappropriate shower that made MM uncomfortable, so clearly MM didn't articulate what he thought he did.

Instead of believing C/S/S/Dr. D/JM/Joe that the only thing they knew for sure what the shower was inappropriate and nothing bad enough was reported for the cops or CYS to be called, your heroes over at the OAG decided to believe the one person, MM, claiming otherwise without any corroboration whatsoever. Hmmm.

The state shouldn't care one iota if the admins thought 2001 was a repeat of '98 or not, what matters is did the admins break any statutes inside the SOL. NO. Also did the admins handle the 2001 report in good faith? Yes, they never told anyone to keep quiet about it and they came up with an action plan then forwarded the report OUTSIDE of the school to a person 1000X more qualified to look into it and deal with it. JR even said as much on the stand while the state had the gall to put him on their witness list. He said TSM wa a proper place for Curley to take MM's vague ass report.

Yep.

The "Paterno Loyalists" will still be around, of course. But they will --- ever so gradually --- die away.

Their influence will never increase over time.

And you strike me as enough of a douchebag that many of us decades older than you will outlive you.

Because I can totally see you suffering an early demise because you're a cocky idiot who doesn't know how to stop running his mouth off. Someday, you're going to do that to the wrong person and that'll be it. Grow up already.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Yes, all of the crybabies who couldn't see this coming need one. They have
been waiting for years for some revelation to appear that absolved those
in power at the time. I was part of the "move on" crowd from the start
and have been proven right. PSU football is thriving as are many other
sports. PSU's good name is being restored and after these trials that
should accelerate. Don't fear change. I can'r wait for PSU to wear black uni's with pink trim for some games. For those like you who love the past, here is an invisible ( ) hug.

Hey Wally, do you ever bring Lolita to any PSU games? Or maybe the weather in State College in November is too cold for someone you purchased from South Asia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT