ADVERTISEMENT

C/S/S all get jail time

Sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and move on .....

You're trying to hold a conversation with folks who think the world did not begin until 1950. when Joseph Paterno came down from Providence, Rhode Island and began his ministry at the University that would eventually be re-named "Paterno State University."
What does this have to do with Paterno or football asswipe?

I agree that there was no reason to heap abuse upon a dead man. But anyone
who believes that decisions were made by C/S/S without input from Paterno
is delusional. Curley was Paterno's cabana boy, Shultz is a putz and Spanier
is a coward.

I'm delusional then. I don't think Paterno was telling anyone what should be done about a former coach showering with a boy on campus. Now a conversation to see how Joe remembered his conversation with MM and that influencing how they proceeded.. that would make complete sense. Going to him and asking what steps they should take? Are you freaking kidding me?

Reactions: Michlion
What makes me most sad today is that JoePa doesn't have the opportunity to chase down Boccabella and confront him for his "remarks" (which I'm confident were purposefully scripted at the behest of certain BOT members).

RIP Joe.

Your dying wish was to "pursue the truth", but for various reasons that hasn't happened and probably won't.

MM, JM, Dranov and Raykovitz decided not to call police. One of them became a multi millionaire and the other three continue to lead their lives as though nothing happened.
I hope after Mike gets done counting his money that he sits back and realizes what his changed stories/lies has done to destroy these innocent people, the reputation of one of the greatest person(JoePa) of all time and a wonderful university. All their reputations and great work down the drain.

Were I before any judge for any reason, I'd have a very hard time addressing him or her as "Your Honor". "Asshole" would come more naturally.
Good to see you back here 74. I think you've been gone a month or more. I understand your reasons but I'm glad you didn't leave permanently. I've cut back myself.

Reactions: nits74
And it'll be there for about 30 seconds and totally forgotten by morning. No one gives a shit and they haven't for a long time.

There's no reason to be infuriated that this crap is on the screen--the battle was lost long ago and we will never know what happened. If a meaningless TV scroll that'll be forgotten by midnight bothers you, stop watching.

Easy there snowflake ... don't make me bust out the salt

Is what it is.

What I've observed over time: an inverse correlation between (1) someone's age, and (2) their willingness to admit "I was wrong about something."

There are more "55-year-old Paterno Loyalists" than there are "25-year-old Paterno Loyalists."
So you must be as old as Methuselah?

Good to see you back here 74. I think you've been gone a month or more. I understand your reasons but I'm glad you didn't leave permanently. I've cut back myself.
Thanks. Hope all is well with you. I only came back today due to the injustice. Other than the acquaintances I've made here, such as yourself, I really have no interest, or do I care about the fortunes of Penn State. About a month ago I resigned my life membership from the Alumni Association and have cut all ties. I really don't care if the football team goes 12-0 or 0-12 anymore. I'm done.

Thanks. Hope all is well with you. I only came back today due to the injustice. Other than the acquaintances I've made here, such as yourself, I really have no interest, or do I care about the fortunes of Penn State. About a month ago I resigned my life membership from the Alumni Association and have cut all ties. I really don't care if the football team goes 12-0 or 0-12 anymore. I'm done.
Except of course, deep down, I expect you do. Like most of us here. That's why it hurts so much. But it's hard to care anymore. I surely understand that....

I can't blame you. My ties to Penn State hang by a thread. I still follow the football team and wrestling, but don't live and die with the results. I still enjoy this board although I have been limiting my time here while I work on my bucket list. I look back on my life and lament lost opportunities and wasted time. I have a long list of goals and dreams that I want to accomplish and time grows short. I hope you will check in here from time to time. You are one of the good guys and we often think alike on a myriad of topics. All the best.

I'm delusional then. I don't think Paterno was telling anyone what should be done about a former coach showering with a boy on campus. Now a conversation to see how Joe remembered his conversation with MM and that influencing how they proceeded.. that would make complete sense. Going to him and asking what steps they should take? Are you freaking kidding me?

I agree. you are delusional.

I can't blame you. My ties to Penn State hang by a thread. I still follow the football team and wrestling, but don't live and die with the results. I still enjoy this board although I have been limiting my time here while I work on my bucket list. I look back on my life and lament lost opportunities and wasted time. I have a long list of goals and dreams that I want to accomplish and time grows short. I hope you will check in here from time to time. You are one of the good guys and we often think alike on a myriad of topics. All the best.
Back at you, Fair. You're an introspective type, a trait which I highly admire. Good luck and enjoy working on that bucket list.

Lots of cards were misplayed, and lots of confidence was unfounded. The end of this whole thing is just like the beginning, which is an incredible display of cowardice and incompetence. If all of those guys really were guilty, then they should have manned up early and took their medicine, rather than having this ignominious ending. And if they weren't, they should have gone down swinging. The path they chose is the least satisfying, but perhaps it best exemplifies everything about this whole screwed up mess.

The worst thing is that the biggest liar and coward of all is the one who profited from this. He deserves to enjoy a perfectly miserable life, and I hope he does. I have zero empathy or sympathy for him.

Yes, all of the crybabies who couldn't see this coming need one. They have
been waiting for years for some revelation to appear that absolved those
in power at the time. I was part of the "move on" crowd from the start
and have been proven right. PSU football is thriving as are many other
sports. PSU's good name is being restored and after these trials that
should accelerate. Don't fear change. I can'r wait for PSU to wear black uni's with pink trim for some games. For those like you who love the past, here is an invisible ( ) hug.

The funny/sad thing about this situation is that while people sat and waited for a smoking gun to clear these administrators from wrongdoing, the truth was out there all along. McQueary witnessed whatever he did and chose not to call police. He reported it up the chain of command as if he saw somebody lifting a box of pencils from the supply closet and the administrators responded. Mike McQueary never never voiced a complaint about it, never went to the police to report what he witnessed. Mike McQueary is responsible for the destruction of many, many lives in several different ways. But hey, at least he's got millions to show for it and a smartphone to show off pictures of his Johnson to some random chicks. Well done Mike.

Except of course, deep down, I expect you do. Like most of us here. That's why it hurts so much. But it's hard to care anymore. I surely understand that....
No, seriously I do not care. The only thing I do miss occasionally is the interaction with some on this board for whom I've developed a respect and feel that in real life I would have developed a friendship. You are one of those, for what it's worth.

I don't agree with them not calling witnesses, but considering the multiple felony charges he was originally facing, and with the deck stacked against them, the outcome could have been worse.

The PSU 3 combined where facing 15 felonies & got ~ year in jail. IMO this was a huge waste of taxpayer $, and an epic fail by the prosecution. They have the media wind at their back to hide this failure, so the headline readers will think they did well.

And the only conviction involving a trial was followed by the jury foreman saying they made a mistake and he would apologized to Spanier if he could. Once Spanier wins his appeal, the only guilty convictions will be on pleas. The whole thing continues to be mind boggling.

Reactions: Nellie R
And the only conviction involving a trial was followed by the jury foreman saying they made a mistake and he would apologized to Spanier if he could. Once Spanier wins his appeal, the only guilty convictions will be on pleas. The whole thing continues to be mind boggling.
I'm not sure the appeal will prove to be any more above board than anything else that this judicial system does.

So tell me again--what did C&S get from their plea agreement?

If you had told me in December 2011 that in 5 1/2 years, the final result would be Sandusky in jail for essentially life, Curley, Spanier, and Schultz going to jail, and McQueary winning a multi-million dollar suit and there being no retribution to anyone on the BOT, Corbett, or TSM, I'd have said you'll have it half right. But I guess it pays to have deep pockets and many avenues of corrupt collaboration. Well done, Commonwealth, you continue to amaze.

Reactions: PSU65
They got to pull everyone else down with them...... so, there's that

Well....... except for the folks that should have

Thanks Guys!!!!!
Trying to imagine the content of the discussions that took place between the plaintiffs and their attorneys leading up to the plea. They certainly didn't "save face" by taking the plea deal.

Reactions: bjf1991
They reported it in the Wash. Post this morning--in the Sports section. The Post always loves to give it to us whenever they can--maybe they think it helps Maryland recruiting.

If Spanier was convicted of a misdemeanor how does that warrant jail time for a first offender. This is a serious question any criminal attorneys care to answer.
As a casual bystander this action seems out of proportion to the alleged crime.
Agree. I can understand him losing his job as it was on his watch...right or wrong. Jail time...not sure that fixes a thing.

Reactions: Aloha T and Bob78
Yep.

The "Paterno Loyalists" will still be around, of course. But they will --- ever so gradually --- die away.

Their influence will never increase over time.

Don't be disrespectful of the generations that built the school you love.

That said, the dismissal of guilty verdicts on this board is a huge deterrent from wanting to be a member of this community. I have no idea what JoePa was smeared in his grave, however. The judge can rot in Hell for that shit.

Don't be disrespectful of the generations that built the school you love.

That said, the dismissal of guilty verdicts on this board is a huge deterrent from wanting to be a member of this community. I have no idea what JoePa was smeared in his grave, however. The judge can rot in Hell for that shit.
The Corrupt Commonwealth dispatches "Senior Judges" who are semi retired and beholding to the syndicate. This judge was likely hand picked for the job and scripted.

If Spanier was convicted of a misdemeanor how does that warrant jail time for a first offender. This is a serious question any criminal attorneys care to answer.
As a casual bystander this action seems out of proportion to the alleged crime.
All misdemeanors are not created equal. Spanier was found guilty of a high level misdemeanor (essentially one notch below a felony). Plus, a judge has discretion in sentencing based on theparticular facts of a case.

All misdemeanors are not created equal. Spanier was found guilty of a high level misdemeanor (essentially one notch below a felony). Plus, a judge has discretion in sentencing based on theparticular facts of a case.
If the facts of the case were considered by the judge in any way, he would have overturned the jury's verdict. The jail sentences were imposed only because "His Honor" wanted to look good in the eyes of the media and American public. No question whatsoever. These guys never had a chance. Some of us were naive enough to think that justice would prevail. In my case I forgot what country and state we are living in. Just add this judge to the coward list.

Last edited:
If the facts of the case were considered by the judge in any way, he would have overturned the jury's verdict. The jail sentences were imposed only because "His Honor" wanted to look good in the eyes of the media and American public. No question whatsoever. These guys never had a chance. Some of us were naive enough to think that justice would prevail. In my case I forgot what country and state we are living in. Just add this judge to the coward list.
That is your opinion, and that's why it is called "discretion."

If any of the three had mounted even a half-assed defense - - - they would have walked (hell, the Spanier jury foreman said so himself)

They f*cked up ....... or, if one concludes they could not possibly be that stupid, were driven by more despicable motivations.

For many folks - it is certainly much more palatable to place the blame at the feet of another F-ed up kangaroo court judge (and we HAVE seen plenty of them over the last six years) and a hopelessly polluted jury pool

But - and not disputing the jury tainting that is certainly an issue - these guys screwed up. They shit their own beds (and everyone else's in the process)

I'm not sure which of the two (stupidity, or something worse) but it had to be one or the other or both.

Last edited:
Except that Curley testified to the contrary. Curley said that is was his decision alone know full well the ramifications which cost him more time than the others.
Curley's testimony was found to be not truthful by the judge and jury.

What makes me most sad today is that JoePa doesn't have the opportunity to chase down Boccabella and confront him for his "remarks" (which I'm confident were purposefully scripted at the behest of certain BOT members).

RIP Joe.

Your dying wish was to "pursue the truth", but for various reasons that hasn't happened and probably won't.
Someone should file an ethics complaint against Boccabella for his bizarre diatribe. 2/3 of it was based on no fact in evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT