ADVERTISEMENT

CSTAR's injury impact on B10's

findtheStrength

Nov 4, 2016
York, PA
Has anybody done the math for B10's, assuming we get 0 now at 174? I know the tournament is always tighter than NCAA's. Does this give Iowa a chance to catch us?

Well I would say that I care about Big Ten score, but definitely more interested in NCAA. What can I say, I want it all!

osama bin laden villains GIF by South Park

I've come to enjoy the short glimmer of hope we give other teams the handful of times we haven't won Big Ten's only to turnaround and win nationals. Cael has been very clear their training cycle is focused squarely on being their best come the national tournament, they want to win the other stuff, but those aren't the most important things. Does anyone really care that Ohio State or Michigan won Big Ten's when PSU was the National Champion 2 weeks later? Conversely, would we have cared that we won Big Ten's in 2011 only to see Iowa win the National Championship?

Has anybody done the math for B10's, assuming we get 0 now at 174? I know the tournament is always tighter than NCAA's. Does this give Iowa a chance to catch us?
You must be new here.

FACT: in the last 12 full seasons (not including Covid year), PSU has 7 BIG10 championships and 10 NCAA Championships. I don't care about BIG10 championships as I don't think Cael and team care. Only concern is getting all 10 qualified for Nationals.

Damn I guess I set myself up on that one. Funny replies though!
All in good fun findtheStrength!! Any opinion on:

1. the number of scoring wrestlers needed for NCAA hat we need?
2. who is beating Nico in the room?
3. How Spyker can be at the OSU/PSU wrestling match and the PSU hockey game at the same time?
4. why wrestlers don't hit the easy duck under when behind by 3 or less in short time as it is always there for the taking?

Seriously, glad you are here and posting. This is a fun time of year

3. How Spyker can be at the OSU/PSU wrestling match and the PSU hockey game at the same time?
4. why wrestlers don't hit the easy duck under when behind by 3 or less in short time as it is always there for the taking?

Said nobody in Iowa ever lol. I kid I kid.

Reactions: CentexLion
You must be new here.

FACT: in the last 12 full seasons (not including Covid year), PSU has 7 BIG10 championships and 10 NCAA Championships. I don't care about BIG10 championships as I don't think Cael and team care. Only concern is getting all 10 qualified for Nationals.
it's another t-shirt and hat ...

Using Roar’s seeding and assuming no bonus and Starocci scores 0, this would be team scores:

Penn St 130
Michigan 106
Nebraska 96
Ohio St 90.5
Iowa 89.5
Minnesota 74.5
Wisconsin 50.5
Rutgers 48.5
Maryland 39
Purdue 36
Illinois 34.5
Indiana 34
Michigan St 33
Northwestern 7

Last edited:
Using Roar’s seeding and assuming no bonus and Starocci scores 0, this would be team scores:

Penn St 129.5
Michigan 106
Nebraska 96
Ohio St 90.5
Iowa 89.5
Minnesota 74.5
Wisconsin 50
Rutgers 48.5
Maryland 39
Purdue 36
Illinois 34.5
Indiana 34
Michigan St 33
Northwestern 7
NU is going to rise from the bottom!!
Go Cats!!🔥🔥🔥🔥

Using FLO’s predicted seeding and assuming no bonus and Starocci scores 0, this would be team scores:

Penn St 132
Michigan 100
Nebraska 99.5
Iowa 97.5
Ohio St 89.5
Minnesota 69
Wisconsin 56.5
Rutgers 50
Maryland 40.5
Purdue 38
Michigan St 34.5
Illinois 29.5
Indiana 26
Northwestern 6.5

I care; I always care when we step on the mat. Roar cared enough to put a lot of time into his seeding projections. Over 12K views of his thread tells me that several others care.

CAVEAT: The following is only for those who care; others can butt out.

To answer the OP, Carter's absence will make the Bigs uncomfortably close, IMO. In fact, I expect Iowa will hold a lead going into the semis. IF Roar's seeds hold, they will have 8 wrestlers going in the opening round and 6 favored to reach the semis, compared to 4 and 7 (minus Carter) for PSU.

If we wrestle to our seeds, we win, but I suspect the championship will still be in doubt at the start of the finals.

1. 11
2. Cael, but only with assists from Cody and Casey.
3. It's obvious. Spyker=Jesus.
4. It's a question that will never be answered. Much like the number of actual licks to get to the center of a Tootsie pop.

Cael coaches for the National Championship. Every match is just preparation for that goal. End of story.

I care; I always care when we step on the mat. Roar cared enough to put a lot of time into his seeding projections. Over 12K views of his thread tells me that several others care.

CAVEAT: The following is only for those who care; others can butt out.

To answer the OP, Carter's absence will make the Bigs uncomfortably close, IMO. In fact, I expect Iowa will hold a lead going into the semis. IF Roar's seeds hold, they will have 8 wrestlers going in the opening round and 6 favored to reach the semis, compared to 4 and 7 (minus Carter) for PSU.

If we wrestle to our seeds, we win, but I suspect the championship will still be in doubt at the start of the finals.
Same here. Plus always important for ncaa seeds I get it’s not gonna matter for team but very important for the individuals.

Reactions: aalion and jack66
No way we get zero at 174. Worst case is Ruth wins his QF match and then defiaults to 6th. That would be 7 points and we win by 40+ instead of 50+ points.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT