ADVERTISEMENT

C/S/S all get jail time

It's not the Prosecutors job to impeach their own witness.

The responsibility for plucking that low-hanging fruit belonged to Spanier and his esteemed Ivy League Lawyers.

How'd they do there?
Did I say it was? However, how can they not file charges after? Are those forthcoming?

Agree. I can understand him losing his job as it was on his watch...right or wrong. Jail time...not sure that fixes a thing.
He lied repeatedly and was rather indignant about it. It was laughable for him to claim he was unaware of 98 in 2001.

The judge was certainly over the line with his remarks about Paterno. People are going to point to that as proof of the sentences being politically driven, and with good reason.

Reactions: Aloha T
Paterno had a profound influence on all of their lives even though most never met him. I spent the best four years of my life at PSU and only saw Joe
running onto the field on Saturdays. I suspect those that "love and miss
him" had as much interaction. PSU is not a cult but some have formed one.
We're all talking about a fully contrived false narrative that leaves PA at risk kids (and others across the country)... at risk because the real problems in the system revealed by this case have not been fixed. And all you can do is the "Paterno-ing dance"??? Please get a life.

Last edited:
They reported it in the Wash. Post this morning--in the Sports section. The Post always loves to give it to us whenever they can--maybe they think it helps Maryland recruiting.
It's because those idiots at AP East Region Philly office Mark Levy and Mark Scolforo , or their "handlers" keep posting the wire articles on these cases under "AP College Football".

They come out in the "AP_Top25" Sports News Twitter feed. A$$wipes. Then all the sports weirdos do their little fake gyration rants.

Enough is enough, AP. Get a set of scruples! You are endangering kids.

Last edited:
Spanier appeals on basis that he should never have been charged because of statute limitations. Let's say he wins. CS already pled, but would they get off too if this is found to be case?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Actually, it was found truthful, otherwise Spanier would have been found guilty of conspiracy and felony child endangerment.
It wasn't Curley's testimony, it was a lack of evidence showing a conspiracy. No one believed Tim and his incredible memory lapses... lapses that weren't present just a week earlier according to the prosecution. TC came off as a liar.

He lied repeatedly and was rather indignant about it. It was laughable for him to claim he was unaware of 98 in 2001.

The judge was certainly over the line with his remarks about Paterno. People are going to point to that as proof of the sentences being politically driven, and with good reason.
The whole 98 thing is a complete black box IMO. Yes they all knew Jerry was looked at but we never really knew to what extent they were informed in 98. I think someone on the state side (police or some state agency) knew exactly what the TC and Shultz knew and the reaction to this was based off of that. Some people still want to believe Jerry is innocent and the trial was the issue so saying that these guys may have more than a little clue in 98 is mind blowing to some. Here you have to pretend they were idiots and a second account of abuse by the same guy didn't merit more than telling his charity. Even though they discussed making the proper call.

Again I think much of this was a mob driven mentality to bring any and everyone down due to the gross nature of JS's crimes.....but these guys did themselves no favors by not making the correct phone call. Fines, sure. Loss of jobs...sure. Jail time...not so sure there.

Reactions: Bob78
If the facts of the case were considered by the judge in any way, he would have overturned the jury's verdict. The jail sentences were imposed only because "His Honor" wanted to look good in the eyes of the media and American public. No question whatsoever. These guys never had a chance. Some of us were naive enough to think that justice would prevail. In my case I forgot what country and state we are living in. Just add this judge to the coward list.
This sentencing by this Judge and his comments reminds me of a scene from the............Americans. Nina, your appeal has been denied and sentencing will be carried out .............shortly. BANG!

The whole 98 thing is a complete black box IMO. Yes they all knew Jerry was looked at but we never really knew to what extent they were informed in 98. I think someone on the state side (police or some state agency) knew exactly what the TC and Shultz knew and the reaction to this was based off of that. Some people still want to believe Jerry is innocent and the trial was the issue so saying that these guys may have more than a little clue in 98 is mind blowing to some. Here you have to pretend they were idiots and a second account of abuse by the same guy didn't merit more than telling his charity. Even though they discussed making the proper call.

Again I think much of this was a mob driven mentality to bring any and everyone down due to the gross nature of JS's crimes.....but these guys did themselves no favors by not making the correct phone call. Fines, sure. Loss of jobs...sure. Jail time...not so sure there.

Everything you say is fine with the exception of "second account of abuse." When was the first account? I thought no charges were brought? Would this not indicate no abuse took place? The "Lasch incident" allegedly witnessed by McQueary, is also in dispute. Dad advised MM to wait and speak to JVP......not call LE of CYS. Don't you think that is odd for a confirmed witness to child sexual abuse. Dr. Dranov is on record stating that nothing he heard the night of the incident indicated to him that LE needed to be notified.
Without getting into the JS trial, or what he may or may not be guilty of......
Short of Alan Myers the "little boy in the shower" known "only to God," never stepped forward to accept his 3 million.

The culpability of PSU and its administrators is a Commonwealth creation. The reaction of Curley and Schultz, mirrors that of Dranov and Senior, Raykovitz and Heim.
Curley and Schultz were screwed when Kelly poster boarded them with JS and there can only be 2 reasons....Fina was pissed at Baldwin's foot dragging and or she was already following the script when she told them not to review notes and they were not a target when she incredibly sat in on their GJ testimony (and later claimed she did not represent them, even though both stated she did).
There are judges in The Commonwealth that are so beholding to corruption that like the presiding judge the other day....they are clearly scripted. I would ask how and why if that is not the case would that asshole bring up JVP? Yet, no mention of the failures of TSM and Jack Raykovitz?

Everything you say is fine with the exception of "second account of abuse." When was the first account? I thought no charges were brought? Would this not indicate no abuse took place? The "Lasch incident" allegedly witnessed by McQueary, is also in dispute. Dad advised MM to wait and speak to JVP......not call LE of CYS. Don't you think that is odd for a confirmed witness to child sexual abuse. Dr. Dranov is on record stating that nothing he heard the night of the incident indicated to him that LE needed to be notified.
Without getting into the JS trial, or what he may or may not be guilty of......
Short of Alan Myers the "little boy in the shower" known "only to God," never stepped forward to accept his 3 million.

The culpability of PSU and its administrators is a Commonwealth creation. The reaction of Curley and Schultz, mirrors that of Dranov and Senior, Raykovitz and Heim.
Curley and Schultz were screwed when Kelly poster boarded them with JS and there can only be 2 reasons....Fina was pissed at Baldwin's foot dragging and or she was already following the script when she told them not to review notes and they were not a target when she incredibly sat in on their GJ testimony (and later claimed she did not represent them, even though both stated she did).
There are judges in The Commonwealth that are so beholding to corruption that like the presiding judge the other day....they are clearly scripted. I would ask how and why if that is not the case would that asshole bring up JVP? Yet, no mention of the failures of TSM and Jack Raykovitz?

Dranov wasn't informed of 98, was he? So bringing him in is a bit off here IMO. I have no idea why TSM walked and I don't agree with it. Pointing the finger elsewhere saying get him too has yet to be a sound plan of attack, but a few here are still on it. My point was we don't know how much they knew about 98, but some people do besides Tim and Schultz. They have no reason to stay muzzled anymore so maybe it will be clarified at some point. I don't agree with the mob mentality and I can see them possibly losing their jobs over this for not doing a better job of protecting the school, but I'm not sure they deserve jail time.

Dranov wasn't informed of 98, was he? So bringing him in is a bit off here IMO. I have no idea why TSM walked and I don't agree with it. Pointing the finger elsewhere saying get him too has yet to be a sound plan of attack, but a few here are still on it. My point was we don't know how much they knew about 98, but some people do besides Tim and Schultz. They have no reason to stay muzzled anymore so maybe it will be clarified at some point. I don't agree with the mob mentality and I can see them possibly losing their jobs over this for not doing a better job of protecting the school, but I'm not sure they deserve jail time.

You stated it was the second account of abuse. I looked at each incident separately. LE after investigation did not find abuse in '98. Dranov heard nothing in MM's contemporaneous report to indicate anything worthy of involving LE (his testimony, not mine.) I am taking a leap of faith and assuming that the good doctor would have involved LE if MM reported that night what he suddenly remembered almost 10years later.
Tim, Gary and Graham were convicted on hindsight bias. Not on what their actions were in real time.

That is your opinion, and that's why it is called "discretion."
And again, what would those "facts" be? I'll get you started. One witness', of dubious credibility, claim that goes against the testimony of at least six others. No identifiable victim. Only plausible victim claimed that nothing happened on that particular night. Incident was reported to head of Sandusky's employer who was a mandatory reporter. Bingo, guilty and jail time. So please, carry on and enlighten the masses on the board here of your facts that were available to "His Honor" and the largely uneducated and tainted zealots on the jury (one in which the foreman admitted made a mistake) of Spanier's "peers".

Last edited:
Reactions: Nellie R
You stated it was the second account of abuse. I looked at each incident separately. LE after investigation did not find abuse in '98. Dranov heard nothing in MM's contemporaneous report to indicate anything worthy of involving LE (his testimony, not mine.) I am taking a leap of faith and assuming that the good doctor would have involved LE if MM reported that night what he suddenly remembered almost 10years later.
Tim, Gary and Graham were convicted on hindsight bias. Not on what their actions were in real time.
You can look at it however you want to, but Dr D wasn't in on 98...the others were. I was merely pointing out the difference and why maybe Dr D wasn't charged and the others were. We still don't know right now what they were told about 98, but someone does besides them.

You can look at it however you want to, but Dr D wasn't in on 98...the others were. I was merely pointing out the difference and why maybe Dr D wasn't charged and the others were. We still don't know right now what they were told about 98, but someone does besides them.

'98: Harmon is a key person in who knew what and when, I'd guess. Others have pointed this out for years. Aside from Dr. Jack, who got an intentional walk from Spanier's counsel, Harmon's been unheard from for quite a while. It's just hard to imagine that at no time between '01 and '10 or '11 that Schultz and Harmon didn't have a chat about this. If so, at that point, this whole deal is in Harmon's lap. In '01, it was in Jack's lap. (But those guys get to kick back and relax during C/S/S's time in jail and house arrest.) We are free to assume that Gary truly did not mention it to Harmon ever in that decade, but that stretches the bounds of logic somewhat.
Maybe Courtney knows more than what he was asked about who was in on the details of '98?

By switching the word 'account' with 'accusation' regarding '01 report following the '98 investigation, I think you're both on the same page for the most part. Maybe not. I'm reading it that way for the most part, though.

As others have indicated, especially on Twitter, whatever 'Pandora's Box' holds wrt TSM that would be released by opening it must be something explosive.

It's because those idiots at AP East Region Philly office Mark Levy and Mark Scolforo , or their "handlers" keep posting the wire articles on these cases under "AP College Football".

They come out in the "AP_Top25" Sports News Twitter feed. A$$wipes. Then all the sports weirdos do their little fake gyration rants.

Enough is enough, AP. Get a set of scruples! You are endangering kids.
Thanks, Nellie.

Reactions: Nellie R
It wasn't Curley's testimony, it was a lack of evidence showing a conspiracy. No one believed Tim and his incredible memory lapses... lapses that weren't present just a week earlier according to the prosecution. TC came off as a liar.

OOOOOOOOOOOO Poop stink!

Unabashed lying pisses people off.

The judge pointing out what a certain blogger did to victims over the last 5 years is a prime example of this. They could have owned up to their mistake and it would have been over. They decided to pretend they had no idea. That's what the jail time is about.

I'm not arguing for or against. I'm just answering the why.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
And the only conviction involving a trial was followed by the jury foreman saying they made a mistake and he would apologized to Spanier if he could. Once Spanier wins his appeal, the only guilty convictions will be on pleas. The whole thing continues to be mind boggling.
I am not confident that he will. In fact, I will not be shocked if he just decides to do the time and get on with his life.

If the facts of the case were considered by the judge in any way, he would have overturned the jury's verdict. The jail sentences were imposed only because "His Honor" wanted to look good in the eyes of the media and American public. No question whatsoever. These guys never had a chance. Some of us were naive enough to think that justice would prevail. In my case I forgot what country and state we are living in. Just add this judge to the coward list.

Actually, I really think he believes they are guilty. Mind you, that doesn't square with the law--but that's getting more and more common in our court system these days. Given post-modernism, when truth become relative, so does the law.

Or as we used to say in the chem lab--"draw your curve and then plot the points."

You have considerable trouble reading credible posts like @JmmyW s proving the opposite of your mind's strange and fanciful meanderings.

The judge pointing out what a certain blogger did to victims over the last 5 years is a prime example of this. They could have owned up to their mistake and it would have been over. They decided to pretend they had no idea. That's what the jail time is about.

Just listen to yourself. "Owned up to their (2020 hindsight) 'mistake' " ??? And somehow this is a crime? It's not. And somehow a fraudulent misdemeanor based on ex post facto law application and outside the SOL = must do "jail time"? Because..."Bloggers"? WTH?

Then perhaps stop doing it.

Reactions: nits74
Actually, the only one that had all the 98 info was Schultz. He did not apprise anyone else of details of the DPW/CYS/LE investigation because they are need to know only and he complied with THE RULES. When a non-indicated is the result? That means to Schultz, this is creepy behavior that needs correction but the CHILD PROS do not consider it a crime.

well at least now we can finally move on...so sick of all of this. time to build penn state back up to where we all know it belongs

Well said! Annoying last few years. JF hasn't let this bother him. Just outside noise.

Just listen to yourself. "Owned up to their (2020 hindsight) 'mistake' " ??? And somehow this is a crime? It's not. And somehow a fraudulent misdemeanor based on ex post facto law application and outside the SOL = must do "jail time"? Because..."Bloggers"? WTH?
Curley and Spanier lied about knowing of 98 in 2001. Why do you think they did that? They didn't want to own the mistake of not calling the state when they knew it wasn't a one time issue.

C/S/S lied about what they knew and when they knew it. Does that mean they knowingly covered for a pedophile? Of course not. It does mean they were full of shit pleading total ignorance.

As far as bloggers go, JZ has said Spanier told him about the "penis picture" and many other shocking things. Spanier actively used a blogger to go after a witness. The same blogger that has stalked and disparaged victims in this case for years. Spanier most certainly has a hand in what the bloggers wrote.

If Curley was such a liar, why wasn't he charged with perjury, per the terms of his plea agreement?
Curley's statement to the judge and prosecution was "off" the record, can't remember the legal term for the discussion, it occurs when the defendant and the State meet to discuss the "deal". Hence no perjury, however it was a factor in Curley's sentencing.

Curley and Spanier lied about knowing of 98 in 2001. Why do you think they did that? They didn't want to own the mistake of not calling the state when they knew it wasn't a one time issue.

C/S/S lied about what they knew and when they knew it. Does that mean they knowingly covered for a pedophile? Of course not. It does mean they were full of shit pleading total ignorance.

As far as bloggers go, JZ has said Spanier told him about the "penis picture" and many other shocking things. Spanier actively used a blogger to go after a witness. The same blogger that has stalked and disparaged victims in this case for years. Spanier most certainly has a hand in what the bloggers wrote.
CJ

Not much new territory to go over, eh? I guess we're all still waiting for that bombshell. If that doesn't happen, there's still the Paterno lawsuit. On the other hand, that might be either never or a real long time. See Tarkanian vs. NCAA.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Curley's statement to the judge and prosecution was "off" the record, can't remember the legal term for the discussion, it occurs when the defendant and the State meet to discuss the "deal". Hence no perjury, however it was a factor in Curley's sentencing.
NONE of these men would be TRIED, let alone convicted, without PACORN. There is no justice in PA unless you have the money and political influence to BUY IT!!

Sad, but True!

ADVERTISEMENT