ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl advice

TCFA-Nit

Sep 9, 2004
Everyone,

Hoping some experienced bowl travelers can offer advice on travel, tix, etc. for the Cotton Bowl. I go to a lot of games around the country but haven't been to a Penn State bowl trip since the 1998 Cap One against Florida, so I'm a total novice on this.

I am thinking about surprising my 15-year-old with a Cotton Bowl trip for Xmas. I am thinking we would fly out of Philly either on the 26th or 27th, then fly back out the evening of the 28th to meet up with my family in Cleveland. Are there events worth going to on either the 26th or 27th I should try to hit? Is StubHub the best way to get tix? Is it worth staying at the team hotel vs. someplace out by the airport?

Any other advice at all?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

It depends on what you expect to get out of the trip. Do you want to be fully immersed in the whole bowl "experience" then stay at the team hotel and do the pep-rally stuff. Or if you just want to get away and enjoy a game, stay somewhere outside of town that's cheaper and more convenient.

Tickets will be dirt cheap, so the secondary market is definitely the way to go.

Reactions: Texas Lion
In case you're interested, the very next day the Cowboys host the Redskins at noon their time.

Not a ton of stuff to do in Dallas. JFK museum is a must. Gaylord Texan Resort is fabulous.

Sorry, I've got to ask...what do you consider "stuff to do"? Dallas and Fort Worth combined form a major metropolitan area with all of the typical things one may find in places like that, with a whole lot of Texas thrown into the mix.
Where's the beach?

Not a ton of stuff to do in Dallas. JFK museum is a must. Gaylord Texan Resort is fabulous.
If you've seen one Gaylord, you've seen them all. Same layout, slightly different theme settings. I've been to National Harbor, Orlando, and Nashville, and they are nothing special at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT