ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger game, today’s or the rose bowl against Utah?

fastlax16

Jan 1, 2014
Just looking for clarification since it seems that many that point to this being another big game loss are the same people that argue the Rose Bowl isn’t an example of a big win.

It’d be nice for everyone to get on the same page so we can direct our outrage better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yanks49 and AWS1022
Just looking for clarification since it seems that many that point to this being another big game lost are the same people that argue the Rose Bowl isn’t an example of a big win.

It’d be nice for everyone to get on the same page so we can direct our outrage better.
Neither were big games
Wasn't a big win
Losing today meant absolutely nothing

Reactions: blair10
This game felt like when we played Georgia a few years back. It was a foreshadowing of the trajectories of both teams.

But to answer the question, any “game” that’s not a playoff is a scrimmage.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Just looking for clarification since it seems that many that point to this being another big game loss are the same people that argue the Rose Bowl isn’t an example of a big win.

With Chop, the two starting DBs opting out and Adisa and Jacobs not playing much, and Carter's injury, the defense was a shell of its regular season self.
I expected an excellent game planner/play caller like Kiffin to easily exploit PSU' s defense in Manny's absence.

I think what really hurt PSU was the continued offensive ineptitude @ WR, QB, and untimely OL penalties, it just snowballed. Offense trying to throw deep was a waste. Gameplan was bad.

With Chop, the two starting DBs opting out and Adisa and Jacobs not playing much, and Carter's injury, the defense was a shell of its regular season self.
I expected an excellent game planner/play caller like Kiffin to easily exploit PSU' s defense in Manny's absence.

I think what really hurt PSU was the continued offensive ineptitude
@ WR, QB, and untimely OL penalties, it just snowballed. Offense trying to throw deep was a waste. Gameplan was bad.
That, and JFs record against teams of similar talent...😳😳

Reactions: hoflane and dk16000

Idiots argue out both of their mouths all the time.

Reactions: Yanks49

I think what really hurt PSU was the continued offensive ineptitude @ WR, QB, and untimely OL penalties, it just snowballed. Offense trying to throw deep was a waste. Gameplan was bad.
the offense didn't look one bit different from the dumpster fire against osu and michigan. makes you wonder if the oc was the problem or not. he has been gone for about 7 or so weeks now

Reactions: hoflane and m.knox
That, and JFs record against teams of similar talent...😳😳
I'm not even sure Ole Miss actually has similar talent. Barring quarterback, where they have superior talent, I'd say we stack up well talent wise. Our receivers haven't had any rhythm because of lack of any type of consistency or precision in the passing.

I'm not even sure Ole Miss actually has similar talent. Barring quarterback, where they have superior talent, I'd say we stack up well talent wise. Our receivers haven't had any rhythm because of lack of any type of consistency or precision in the passing.
The battle of the rbs looked to favor us early but eventually Judkins and 24 got theirs as we had to defend against all options.

Their TE had a career day- including a play that looked very similar to the UM McNamara to All TD 3 years ago, Their #9 made more great catches in this one game than we had all year. Our big play was a tipped freelance into quadruple coverage.

Good vs. Lucky usually wins.

Ol Miss derserved it.

We did not.

Reactions: RochLion
The battle of the rbs looked to favor us early but eventually Judkins and 24 got theirs as we had to defend against all options.

Their TE had a career day- including a play that looked very similar to the UM McNamara to All TD 3 years ago, Their #9 made more great catches in this one game than we had all year. Our big play was a tipped freelance into quadruple coverage.

Good vs. Lucky usually wins.

Ol Miss derserved it.

We did not.
They did... They also didn't have 2 starting corner backs opt out but standing on the sideline wearing uniforms for some bizarre reason which benefitted them. This put their strength, tall fast wideouts, against what was our strength all season great cover corners but not yesterday.

The better team on the field did win. If I were coach, opt outs in uniform or in plain clothes would never see the sidelines in s bowl game. As other terrific hard working underclassmen were getting hurt like Carter and Rojas... If I were a player, the opt outs being there, especially in uniform, would really piss me off.

They did... They also didn't have 2 starting corner backs opt out but standing on the sideline wearing uniforms for some bizarre reason which benefitted them. This put their strength, tall fast wideouts, against what was our strength all season great cover corners but not yesterday.

The better team on the field did win. If I were coach opt outs in uniform on the sidelines with the team would never happen. As other terrific hard working underclassmen were getting hurt like Carter and Rojas... If I were a player, the opt outs being there especially in uniform would really piss me off.
I said the same thing about them being in uniform. That was very odd to me. If the team is fine with them being on the sideline, then so be it. But if you aren’t going to play, then you shouldn’t be in uniform.

Reactions: Yanks49

The better team on the field did win. If I were coach, opt outs in uniform or in plain clothes would never see the sidelines in s bowl game. As other terrific hard working underclassmen were getting hurt like Carter and Rojas... If I were a player, the opt outs being there, especially in uniform, would really piss me off.
Anymore it feels like the m.o. is to appease players as part of the recruiting machine- both out of high school and transfers.

Like when the NBA teams paid full salaries to players for shortened Covid seasons- it was essentially blackmail as no teams wanted to appear to be "player unfriendly" which would kill future free agent interest. I think I remember an interview with Mark Cuban about how Dallas provides 5 star hotel towels and visiting locker room furniture, meals, etc all as part of the perpetual grooming of top talent.

IF a coach were to go old school- and certainly ours would never- THEN they would likely have to kiss the espn 300 goodbye. UNLESS THEY DEVELOP PROS AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

WE AREn't at that level (yet?).....

Anymore it feels like the m.o. is to appease players as part of the recruiting machine- both out of high school and transfers.

Like when the NBA teams paid full salaries to players for shortened Covid seasons- it was essentially blackmail as no teams wanted to appear to be "player unfriendly" which would kill future free agent interest. I think I remember an interview with Mark Cuban about how Dallas provides 5 star hotel towels and visiting locker room furniture, meals, etc all as part of the perpetual grooming of top talent.

IF a coach were to go old school- and certainly ours would never- THEN they would likely have to kiss the espn 300 goodbye. UNLESS THEY DEVELOP PROS AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

WE AREn't at that level (yet?).....
Pay them and discipline them. If they exert themselves they won't start and they can hit the portal to rip off some other program. Reality meets old school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT