ADVERTISEMENT

Bearcat open

You know, I'm just not sure how much I'd want to wrestle in an event called the "Martyr's Cup".

Mason is indeed an inigma. Carson shows no signs of showing down, the kid is a monster, I just hope Mason's lack of Folk development in our room doesn't tarnish or chances to land Carson. Unless we see a change in his trajectory he is a must get!
To me, Mason is focused on what he's focused on - at least that's the way it comes across in interviews and that's really what has been his MO since I've known about him a decade ago.

He is a world level greco guy, in a place that gives him access to the proper training, focused on academics as well. I don't pretend to put words in his mouth, but I wouldn't doubt that although I'm sure it would be great if he went out and won a NC in folk, he'd probably be much happier competing in the world championships and olympics if it were an either or. Also remember that he is an ROTC guy. He's got a lot on his plate and in my book, he's doing great. It's not like we need the points in and around his weight, nor will anytime soon, so I'm not sure what the concern is. Folk is probably taking a back seat - at least in terms of what guys focused on a NCAA championship - and may continue to do so. He's only wrestling a couple of open tourneys.

Pretty rare that someone is training to be a world team member in greco and still pursuing high level folk ambitions. Recently, I can only think of Coon and 285 is kind of a different animal. @CropDuster507 will probably come in here and point out where I'm wrong, but that's my impression.

Carson is a different individual. Who knows what path he will take? Maybe it will be his brothers, maybe something different. Not really concerning to me at all.

Last edited:
I just hope Mason's lack of Folk development in our room doesn't tarnish or chances to land Carson. Unless we see a change in his trajectory he is a must get!
If there's one thing we've learned, there are NO must gets in the Cael Sanderson Era.

Not Spencer Lee, not Marsteller, not Fix, not BoJo, not the Valencias, not Wittlake, not Steveson ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT