ADVERTISEMENT

BB vs NW

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
7-7 at the first TV timeout. puff and Lilley both out today. Gonna be tough inside Lilleys been giving them some quality minutes recently.
Both teams are some sloppy turnovers so far. I think that favors Penn State if they can keep that style of play up.

Reactions: bdgan
Unfortunately Northwestern is 3-3 from the three point line. Now 13-10 NW leading.

PSU has to go inside to Wahab.

O'Boyle missing 2 of 3 FTs wasn't good.

Reactions: bison13
NW is getting too many second chance baskets. PSU is undersized but there's no excuse for watching the ball and not getting a body on people.

I'll repeat, GET THE BALL DOWN LOW TO WAHAB.

Reactions: psu1969a
Hail Mary from Brown drops, then an unnecessary foul in the backcourt by O'Boyle.

You can tell Clary is frustrated because he's forcing shots.
Yep, but those same 3's were shots he made earlier in the year. He just seems still somewhat trying to shake the rust of and get it together.....

Would be great if he could give the team 10 points in the 2nd half especially with the two bigs out.

PSU is losing offensive rebounds 8-1 and turnovers 7-5.

Not much flow in the offense.

First 3 possessions of 2nd half were ugly. No flow at all but NW struggling too.

Barnheiser is killing us.

PSU isn't getting anything from Dunn. That's got to change.

Baldwin misses wide open from 14'. Hicks misses open shot from 15'. Dunn misses FT. Clary doesn't block out and gives up another 2nd chance layup.

That's 7 pts right there. Then Buie makes a nice move. PSU down 8.

I'm not watching the game but, based on these posts I'm reading, it sounds like we are pissing away a winnable game. Still, 11 minutes to go and trailing 48-40. They need an offensive burst.

Offensive rebounds now favor NW 12-1. Tough to win that way.

Turnovers also favor NW 5-8. PSU depends on that but it isn't happening today.

WTF was that virtually intentional foul by Kern? He's played great today but that was a head scratcher.

Reactions: johnmpsu
PSU played hard but 13-2 offensive rebounds and also losing turnovers was huge.

Credit NW's defense and their ability to break the press.

Wahab played great with 5 blocks. I have no idea why PSU didn't try to get the ball to him on offense. He only took 2 shots and he made both.

Kern might of had his best game but PSU got nothing from Clary & Dunn.

Just my perspective, they were on a roll. But the talking heads put them on a pedestal this week and I didn't see the fire in the team today that I saw the last 3 games.

Another woulda, coulda, shoulda game. Been way to many of them this year. Missed way to many wide open threes. Nice work getting the open shot but they have to make some.

Just my perspective, they were on a roll. But the talking heads put them on a pedestal this week and I didn't see the fire in the team today that I saw the last 3 games.
I think they played hard but they never got an offensive flow. Baldwin was 4-13 shooting and PSU got nothing from Dunn or Clary.

I think a lot of the problem was that they couldn't create turnovers. NW only had 6 TOs and only 1 in the second half. PSU counts on those to get their offense going.

I think they played hard but they never got an offensive flow. Baldwin was 4-13 shooting and PSU got nothing from Dunn or Clary.

I think a lot of the problem was that they couldn't create turnovers. NW only had 6 TOs and only 1 in the second half. PSU counts on those to get their offense going.
At one point I didn’t think we’d win a single game on the road all year, so losing one after winning two in a row isn’t surprising. NW made shots when they needed to and we didn’t.

Reactions: bdgan
Hoping to steal one but didn't happen. That wide, wide open 3 we gave up down by one when we needed a stop after the under 4 TO killed us. Never recovered from that as shown by we then can't score for 3 minutes, ball game. Need to be better in crunch time. Good effort and much better than the 20 pt beat downs we were getting on the road earlier.

Hoping to steal one but didn't happen. That wide, wide open 3 we gave up down by one when we needed a stop after the under 4 TO killed us. Never recovered from that as shown by we then can't score for 3 minutes, ball game. Need to be better in crunch time. Good effort and much better than the 20 pt beat downs we were getting on the road earlier.
Also giving up a wide open 3 when NW had the ball OOB with only 2 seconds on the shot clock.

7-7 at the first TV timeout. puff and Lilley both out today. Gonna be tough inside Lilleys been giving them some quality minutes recently.
Both teams are some sloppy turnovers so far. I think that favors Penn State if they can keep that style of play up.
Four years away from being four years away.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT