ADVERTISEMENT

Back from my cross country drive for Rugby Sevens World Cup.

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
People all across the country seem nicer and more considerate than I can remember. It's almost as if citizens are trying to make up for the current level of political discourse. The one exception is large gas stations, like Sheetz. When did it become a thing to leave your car at the pump while going inside for 10-15 minutes instead of pulling up to a parking space in front of the store? In one instance, I had to wait ten minutes for someone to return to their unattended vehicle that was blocking two pumps. Upon returning, the guy started to rearrange items in his trunk. When I asked if he would pull up so I could access a pump, he got hostile. He said he had to wait, so I had to wait.

OK, whine over.

Reactions: tgar
I have not observed people being nicer nor more considerate in my travels.

People all across the country seem nicer and more considerate than I can remember. It's almost as if citizens are trying to make up for the current level of political discourse. The one exception is large gas stations, like Sheetz. When did it become a thing to leave your car at the pump while going inside for 10-15 minutes instead of pulling up to a parking space in front of the store? In one instance, I had to wait ten minutes for someone to return to their unattended vehicle that was blocking two pumps. Upon returning, the guy started to rearrange items in his trunk. When I asked if he would pull up so I could access a pump, he got hostile. He said he had to wait, so I had to wait.

OK, whine over.
I see the gas station pump thing all the time now. It used to be common courtesy to pull up to the building once you were done filling up. I still pull away from the pumps when done, but it seems like most people stay parked there for long periods of time nowadays.

OK, whine over.
Nothing wrong with you. That guy was a real dick.

On a related gas station note. Rutters is building a massive station on 322 south across from Sheetz in the Adult Playland zone across the bridge at Duncannon.

No more waiting for dim wits that want to turn left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kmase21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT