ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome From Auburn! Making The Trip Down? AMA

That is so good to hear. Congrats! And, it is a safe place too. Thats important to us Dads. We will definitely have to meet. Our daughter stayed in the Villages her second year, rented a house with 3 other girls her last 2 years. Coincidentally, that season I made this post was the last year I donated and got season tickets. Finally had enough. But, we do just buy tickets for games we want to go to now, and we still have the condo in the heart of town. So we go down there when we want to now. The Okl game is going to be a must. My wife also got an extra job piled on her that will have us traveling to Pennsylvania a good bit from April through July. She is a Director of Medicine, head of the Hospitalist group at a hospital here in Birmingham. And, she is being made a national director responsible for staffing, contracts and training Doctors at new hospitals they bring on. So, we will be in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton a good bit. Im retired and will be traveling along. We may even get a 5th Wheel camper and make a thing of it and take our time seeing, experiencing and living different parts of the country.

I'll try to remember this thread next season and reach out if yall want to do dinner or hang out.
shawn.kriger@gmail.com

Reactions: SH0RTS
You will love the Povonos and central Pa. Lots of state parks, state forests, and native trout. Elk deer black bear and more.

While you’re this far north a weekend in the New York Finger Lakes and another to the Adirondacks are a must.
I lived up 80 miles north of Syracuse in the Army a lifetime ago. Dated a girl from Rochester, and we spent a good bit of time in the Finger Lakes and the Adirondacks. Now you're jogging up all these old memories. I think most of the time we spend up there will be in PA. Wherever our travels take us, i want to really take in and feel the culture of the state. We stayed a week in PA after the game in 21. We spent a good bit of time around Amish Country and the wife just had to stay in Hershey and take all that in. This go around, we will have a lot more time and I would like to see as much of PA as I can from East to West. We may end up doing time in Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Arizona, Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana over the next couple of years.

I lived up 80 miles north of Syracuse in the Army a lifetime ago. Dated a girl from Rochester, and we spent a good bit of time in the Finger Lakes and the Adirondacks. Now you're jogging up all these old memories. I think most of the time we spend up there will be in PA. Wherever our travels take us, i want to really take in and feel the culture of the state. We stayed a week in PA after the game in 21. We spent a good bit of time around Amish Country and the wife just had to stay in Hershey and take all that in. This go around, we will have a lot more time and I would like to see as much of PA as I can from East to West. We may end up doing time in Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Arizona, Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana over the next couple of years.
Shoulda realized that when you said you served at Ft Drum. Were you in the mountain division? The nation thanks you for your service!

Lots to see on all of Pa. When you get close, start a thread and we will have lots of suggestions.

Reactions: psu00 and SH0RTS
Shoulda realized that when you said you served at Ft Drum. Were you in the mountain division? The nation thanks you for your service!

Lots to see on all of Pa. When you get close, start a thread and we will have lots of suggestions.
Yes Sir. 10th Mountain, light Infantry, Battalion sniper. Being a naive kid that barely left the state of Alabama growing up, i was a fish out of water. I knew i was in trouble when I first reported to the base after basic training on May 7 and there was snow on the sides of the roads that had been plowed. I had never heard of something like that nor thought that was even possible.

Yes Sir. 10th Mountain, light Infantry, Battalion sniper. Being a naive kid that barely left the state of Alabama growing up, i was a fish out of water. I knew i was in trouble when I first reported to the base after basic training on May 7 and there was snow on the sides of the roads that had been plowed. I had never heard of something like that nor thought that was even possible.
Just be glad you weren’t sent there in January!

• Haha
Reactions: SH0RTS
Good idea to skip Ohio.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00 and SH0RTS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT